How to Move the Beast? A Thread for Supporters of Promotion, Relegation and Fully Independent Clubs

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by soccerreform.us, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: How to Move the Beast? A Thread for Supporters of Promotion, Relegation and Fully Independent C

What a coincidence. I like you better on my ignore list.

2. soccerreform.us

soccerreform.us New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Denver
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: How to Move the Beast? A Thread for Supporters of Promotion, Relegation and Fully Independent C

If you forget and ignore enough, you can pretty much create any reality you want.

3. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll agree with that. :D

4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You should know. You've been trying to do it for 50 pages now.

5. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's funny. You want to know who I am? I'm the moderator of this forum, and up until now I've allowed this thread to remain open because I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that, wacky as they are, you actually believed the ideas you're spouting here.

But now, after having ducked this fairly straightforward question, you make it clear that you're not on the level. Which makes you a troll. Which means I hope you had fun, because you are done here.

Thread closed.

6. Roger Allaway

Roger Allaway Member+

Apr 22, 2009
    Warminster, Pa.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As a sign of what soccer once was in Fall River, the remains of Mark's Stadium (built just over the state line from Fall River to avoid the Massachusetts Blue Laws) is not a very inspiring one. From the parking lot of the Ponta Delgada Club (the one-story building on Shove Street), it looks like just another vacant lot, albeit a pretty big one.

There are earlier soccer stadiums in Fall River and elsewhere, but they're a lot smaller than Mark's Stadium was. All of them (including Mark's Stadium) weren't really soccer specific. They also were used for baseball.