How to apply to become a moderator?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by FNU, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I couldn't of said it any better. Take from the famous thread, post by someone with a neutral view(I think)-notice it was edited for some unknown reason, probably because of some revealing fact that the mod had to hide.

----

Now to Mr. Ultras Napoli: I suggest you to cease your tiring and pressing (for everyone, yourself included) request for objectivity and fair treatment from posters and mods on this board. You'll never get it. You shouldn't care about getting it. You see, this is an anglophone site, whose bulk audience and administrative unit comes within the anglosaxon culture, and the vast majority of them don't have neither the cultural diversity nor the intelligence to overcome their cultural bias. See Andy Bennet and the moderator on this thread as legit examples; if they're at a fault, life will eventually teach them right...but you stand no chance. I guess having the atomic bomb on their arsenal, or affording 2 cars instead of one, or having the rest of the world speak their native language makes them believe their opinions/culture bias are more justified. And of course, they feel at home on this site.
    My opinion is that the idealistic idea of sport in general and football in particular went down the tube with the flush the moment the "professional" suited up the first time, and that was long time ago, and certainly didn't happen in Italy. I suppose England or USA...
    Since then, any invocation to the purity of the game or fair play has had a taint of hypocrisy on it, but the Anglo-saxons like to resort to it in dire times, i.e. when they lose, pointing out some facets of the degeneration of the sport that they (mostly wrongly) believe can not be associated with their party.
    So please, save your energy for higher goals than serie A (or professional sport in general), which is hardly worth defending.

Finally to the mods: I see Ultras Napoli has gotten a caution...if it's because of the content of his posts on this thread, I think it's unjustified. There is certainly enough evidence on Andy Bennet's post to legit a doubt of bias, and the expression of such opinion has no right to be obliterated (other that the "I'm the owner if the site and you aren't" right...); and although Ultras has been a bit rude on you mods, I think cautioning him for that is a result of your deficiencies as human beings rather than your virtues as Moderatos

bye __________________
    God bless Materazzi
    Last edited by Prawn Sandwich : Yesterday at 07:50 AM.

----
    Notice there's no reason for the edit...?

I'm obviously not the only one aware of the problems that exist in that forum.

2. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To the contrary. If any "trolls", it's white riot and his jokes from the 50s:rolleyes:

3. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So then you deny that both posts was trolling?

4. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which posts?

5. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not me, the post is true. No effect on NT and League whatsoever. Anti-English rhetoric? More like anti-Italian rhetoric if you read on. That thread was actually going fine until the usuals decided to sabotage it with the same old story like a broken record. It's a pattern, the same old story, I disagree, I get an infraction, and the cycle continues. lol

6. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, but that is funny, especially the bit where they all ran home to their Mums, made me laugh anyway. Why do you care so much that we don't care about Italian football? So much so that you went into almost complete denial in that thread, typical Italian I suppose, bury your head in the sand and pretend there isn't a problem. :rolleyes:

8. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yea, you know a joke is funny when you're the only one laughing.:D

Complete denial of what? Tell me what I denied again?

It's not that I care, it's that I'm curious as to why you and some of the English posters care. They care enough to come onto the Italian forums and play the same broken record I hear in the UEFA forum. The best example is Andy's thread, which was created BEFORE my thread questioning the desire to see Italian football penalized even more...

And you only strengthen my point about stereotyping with every post you make. Anti-what rhetoric again?

It must be nice being able to hide behind you buddies, huh?

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Oh give it a rest. As an Italy fan I'm getting embarassed by this.

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

nicephoras makes a valid point, this is getting boring and you're just trying to provoke someone into a reaction. You ain't gonna get it here, mate. Now, why exactly was it that you started a thread asking what the procedure was to become a moderator, and with the thread title "How to apply to become a moderator?" when you don't want to be a moderator?

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, boys and girls, is what is known as a straw man argument. I never mention jri. Allegedly, he's been succeeded by golazo, who is on my ignore list, so I can't really comment much on what he writes, I only see what other people quote from him.

But keep on fightin' the power, nice!

12. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    No, the majority of your posts that I have had to take action with have involved me editing out the trolling and personal attacks. Which is exactly what I did here. So yes, you were treated in the same way.

I gave two warnings - one was specific to you and the other a general warning to all the participants on that thread. You then ignored my request to speak to me via PM about the off-topic language issue and posted three further comments. You then proceeded to call me corrupt and part of an english conspiracy.

Funnily enough, I'd had enough by then

You mean the way in which I politely requested the poster to make further comments in English so that the vast majority of the BS community could understand? (a request that an Italian poster commented privately to me was "fair and balanced moderation")

Yeah, that was real vicious

It was edited to remove the accusations of bigotry and nothing more - feel free to check with the guy who posted it as I'm sure you wont believe me.

You might take the time to notice that I left untouched the various derogatory comments about "the mods" in that forum (ie me) - that I was unfair, un-objective, a hypocrite, biased and generally deficient as a human being.

I suggest you take a time out from this thread - you are not doing yourself any favours right now... (although from a purely personal standpoint do carry on as you're doing a wonderful job of demonstrating the reasons you have earnt that yellow card)

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No dave, its called the lack of cognitive capacity on your part. The jri comment was a throwaway joke. (You're the one that's "fightin' the power", whoever they are, incidentally.)

If you feel the proliferation of English mods is a problem (which is odd, as only one supermod is English) then you need to grow up. No English mods moderate US forums. If you have a problem with too many English mods moderating English fora, I can only presume you're employing some form of double secret probationary self referential mocking humor on a frequency that only dogs can hear.

Keep raging against the machine, dude! :rolleyes:

14. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Not so!!

I have International News and Africa forums.

15. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Down with British colonialism!

16. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Well, seeing as the Queen is on your shores right now you know what to do.....

17. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Ah yes, the wonderfully moderated Italian forums where when I posted after the Roma v Man Utd game I had my sexuality "questioned" merely because I lived in San Francisco... now personally I couldn't care less about that kind of childishness, but the fact that you are complaining about the moderating in the European forum whilst holding up Italian moderators as an example of good moderation, well, please...

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I have Equipment and Gear. Yay. :D

19. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    You see, there's another example of bias. With so many Italian equipment makers, that should definitely have an Italian speaking moderator.

20. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Right, but there's only one Italian poster there, and he is a moderator of another forum anyway, and has no interest in moderating our forum. I don't see how that's biased! The people who are best for the modding jobs get the modding jobs, I don't see why that is bias, unless it's bias against the people who know most about the forum...

And besides, if there's nobody who speaks Italian on the forum, why do we need an Italian speaking moderator?

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I think you forgot to turn on your sarcasm detector................;)

22. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Oh crap.

:D

23. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gringotex beat me to the punchline.

Imperialist ;)

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    The Italian moderators do a good job. So do the English ones.

25. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Well as the main Conservative amoungst the English posters one has to take the lead you know................;)