How much cap room does FCD have right now?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by fennsk, Jan 28, 2008.

1. fennsk

fennsk New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Freed up a ton with the trade of Ruiz (how big was the allocation?), cutting Denilson was countered by signing Davino, and a little bit of room was made by letting Goodson go.
    The general talk has been that Morrow will sign:
    - 1 or 2 CAP players
    - possibly a German defender
    - a Ruiz replacement
    any of these would likely require them to trade away some internationals, or trade for international spots.
    There's been enough talk of who should come in, who would you get rid of to make the upgrades work?

2. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    was German defender?

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I'd say we have about $27.95 under the cap right now.

I hear that's Eric Quill's going rate these days.

4. fennsk

fennsk New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Steven Goff said a while back that Morrow's target coming off his Eurotrip was a defender currently playing in the Bundesliga. Maybe Davino filled that role, but we might still be looking to bring him in.
    I found a good list of last year's salaries:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/mls/longterm/2007/salaries_07.html
    Adding up the players we still have (I'm counting Gbandi as good as gone )along with an extra 400k for Davino, and assuming Arturo's new contract is around 100k, FCD has 1.5 mil of a 2.3 mil cap tied up. And that doesn't take allocation money into account (anyone know how much they have in allocation $?). They certainly have funds to work with. Now let's get an experienced playmaker and forward.