How Much Better Can We Get? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is all very premature, but Madrid just never consistently play 3 at the back, even when we’ve had the personnel to do so. I don’t believe Xabi’s married to 3 atb formation, probably has more to do with suiting the needs of Leverkusen’s squad.

He’s a smart guy, I don’t see him shoehorning a formation on our roster, he’ll adapt accordingly.

W8W8 repped this.
  2. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or we could play a formation we never play and bring in some more players in positions we already have covered?

Umar, Raul-7 and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  3. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Yeah, it's also worth noting that Leverkusen began to play some more 4atb formations towards the very end of the season. He also wasn't afraid to change his backline set-up in some games where things began to go sideways (I know he adapted to 4atb in the @Hoffenheim game after an 2-0 lead quickly disappeared; they eventually went on to win 3-2).

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Xabi had that calm and classy personality as a player which has worked well for us with VDB, ZZ and Ancelotti. I think he must be a good man manager.

Deep Pal, Ssr9 and Anon. repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just to be clear, should we say no to Xabi when the time comes because his teams play 3 CB system? I am in trust the coach camp if he's good enough for RM. We didn't play diamond system before this season while Carlo had a lot of experience with it in his other tenures.

6. MadridUSA

MadridUSA Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did Carlo actually say the Jude will continue playing as an AM? I thought Carlo just said that, in the context of being asked for Kroos’ replacement, Jude wouldn’t be it, since he needs to be closer to the goal than Toni was. That wouldn’t seem to rule out Jude playing the Modric or mezzala role, unless you saw something more specific from Carlo.

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Me too, although that's certainly not the case for everyone here, which is normal, especially when fans see who is playing and who is not, and when, and subs in games and so on, no one blanket for all unfortunately, even with successful coaches

8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Xabi will adapt to the squad. I would not worry about what formation he is currently playing.

Deep Pal, boeder, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  9. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’m in no rush to see Ancelotti leave, and when he does my next choice would be Zidane. Of course I would be happy with Alonso coming and I would love him to do well but we’ve not even started next season, I’m just not sure why we need to plan for a new star player and change of system so quickly.

10. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Very strong lineup, that Tchouavinga double pivot needs time to flourish.

We need a strong bench more than ever, next season will be extraordinarily tough: minimal rest before the new season due to Euro/Copa and +70 games.

Mendy and Carvajal had great overall seasons but you can't expect them to maintain the same momentum in an 11-month season given their age and injury record. At CB, I have little faith in Nacho, Alaba and Rafa Marin.

Also, Alaba was awful for quite some time before his injury, I'd be surprised if he's back to his 21/22 form post-ACL.

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a nice lineup but are we really already picking the lineup and benching players before pre season even starts. Does anybody remember Hazard, dude showed up overweight and out of shape day 1 and never got his shit together again.

Anyway what happens if Endrick/Rodrygo have a lights out Copa and come back with their own personal haul of individual awards while one or both of Mbappe /Bellingham have a disappointing Euro and return looking a bit out of form.

12. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bild reports that the Madrid offer is considerably lower in wages than Bayern's and the alleged 30 mil. Euro are too low to satisfy Bayern.

They're hinting at a contract extension

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    His value tanked last season due to terrible performances and we don't want to increase the risk by offering enormous wages and 50 M transfer fee. Renew Mendy and let Miguel develop another season at Girona while we have Fran as back up.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  15. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
  16. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Julian Alvarez......even if we hadn't signed Mbappe and Endrick..... a NO for me .....nothing special there.

Ahmadi8, Digital, HZinho and 4 others repped this.
  17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yep, he does nothing for me.

Ssr9 repped this.
  18. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Alvarez has no place on this team. They just added Mbappe and Endrick. They also have Joselu as 3rd striker insurance. Click bait papers must be really getting desperate for clicks.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same, I don't know what the appeal was and still is for that player. It's a silly rumour, but even if it had the smallest chance of being true, it's a very hard pass for me.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He’s a good player but not a fit for us

I can see him doing really well in Serie A or even Barcelona if Yamal turns out to be a star

21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

All of these sources are massively questionable, however, Marca are reporting that we will look to renew Mendy early next season.

22. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Remember that this was our team in 2006...
    447772111_850494533778541_5941596373428716251_n.jpg

23. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    This is obviously a Copa game or something. We had Roberto Carlos, Salgado, Ramos, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo and a bunch of others that season.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, RoadMan and 2 others repped this.
  24. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I was a big fan of De La Red. Shame he had a heart condition and had to abandon his career.

Shay Z, REALFOREVER, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  25. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I always wondered if De La Red could have been as good as Alonso.

Shay Z, Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.