How Much Better Can We Get? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Not too much sooner than the aggregators began to comment on this...

Doesn't sound like it's gonna happen. Chelsea using their MCO advantages to offer something Madrid simply can't - consistent playing time with a club in a better league.

Doubt it's the biggest deal in the world or anything but if Juni Calafat rated this guy, then my blind trust in him was hoping that would mean we would sign him. Ah, well, whatever.

2. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If we really wanted him, we would probably match it. we might not have official links to other clubs but the good relations would have allowed us to easily find a club for him. I m sure if he was the one and they told him like they told other players, you are here to replace this player in a couple of years, he would have taken it seeing how the youngsters have done here and the state of Chelsea.

Maybe the interest wasn't that strong, maybe we did all that and he just chose Chelsea. i don't think Strasbourg was the difference however.

Shay Z repped this.
  3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel like Wirtz is a super unnecessary signing given how many Midfielders madrid already has.

4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    If the team sticks to the diamond shape 4 midfielders, the bench starts to look thin after Modric retires. We'd have Ceballos and Paz?

Shay Z and Anon. repped this.
  5. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    If we assume that the four starting midfielders are Jude, Cama, Tchou, and Valverde, that means Güler, Ceballos, and Paz are reserves. Brahim also has played in the midfield in the past. How much better a bench do you want? Top players want to play, not sit, stockpiling top players on the bench isn't realistic. We might bitch and moan about Ceballos but for a reserve midfielder he's still about as good as you're gonna find.

6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Don't see Guler as a CM option, maybe as an option to backup Bellingham.

He's too good close to goal to play in the midfield.

7. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I am paying no attention to the Wirtz rumors until we pass the new year.

They been writing about Mbappe for multiple summers and need some new toy for the Madrid rumors.

Digital, Ahmadi8, saadomar and 2 others repped this.
  8. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Yes. Maybe by this time next year we're clamoring for Wirtz, we don't know what's going to happen next season. At the moment, any talk of Wirtz is pointless and fanciful. We owe it to the guys we already have here to see if they can show they're good enough to make Wirtz unnecessary.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Based on the squad, 4 mids will probably be for the big games.

I think Carlo will mainly line up like this outside of the big games....

..........Bellingham/Modric

Camavinga/Ceballos........Valverde/Tchouameni

Nico will be the 7th mid. Nico usually plays am or right wing but I am hoping he can adapt to a cm role too.

Modric basically almost never played deep last year. Even when he entered games for Kroos, it was not a 1 to 1 substitution. Modric usually ended up further up the field. The few time he ended up deep was when he was partnered with Tchouameni.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea. Wirtz is not like 2013 Isco who would be happy being a rotational midfielder. Interest makes sense if we are getting Xabi after a year or two though. 3-4-2-1 has been his system mostly.

We will need 5 CBs depth at least if we are playing with 3 at the back. Rudiger, Militao, Alaba, Yoro and maybe Marin in 2025-26.

GK: Courtois
    3 Starting CBs: Rudiger, Militao, Yoro
    RM: Fede
    DM: Tchouameni
    LM: Camavinga
    CM: Bellingham
    AM(R) Wirtz
    AM(L): Vini
    ST: Mbappe

[​IMG]

Anon. repped this.
  11. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Is Mendy not a LCB in that system?

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea. Mendy can be LCB if Yoro is not ready to be regular starter yet.

13. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Mendy Rudiger Militao
    Alaba Yoro Marin

That system also means Miguel can be brought back to backup Camavinga.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So even if Rodrygo leaves in 2025, we get Wirtz and move to Xabi's 3-4-2-1. Endrick, Guler and Brahim can be main rotational attackers.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  15. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Wirtz can only really come if Rodrygo leaves. This is why I do not venture into the hypotheticals more than a year out.
    A lot can happen in a year.

It is clear though that we have 6 attackers currently, and unless someone leaves... there cannot be a new arrival. Joselu does not count, he is a 7th option for special occasions and more or less acts as a victory cigar.

This talk about Wirtz playing deeper is still just hypothetical talk. Because I have never seen him play that deep.

Deep Pal, Açores57 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Something tells me we're not playing 4-4-2 diamond. I think Carlo did that because he didn't see a starter level CF/ST.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Carlo confirmed he will continue to play Jude closer to goal. Diamond makes even more sense with Mbappe. You need defensive security with luxury players up front. Lack of balance is easy way to lose big games.

Deep Pal, Ssr9, Savior and 4 others repped this.
  18. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Somewhat unrelated, but if we're talking left backs in the future, Hincapié is someone I could see playing himself into consideration. Once he broke into the Leverkusen lineup last season, he pretty much never left it. Xabi familiarity would also of course be a bonus. He's only 22 right now so plenty of time left in his development process. Ecuadorian so no potential language issues there.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Really hoping those Davies rumors die down. Haven't seen him put in a good performance with either the NT or the few Bayern matches I've watched since the turn of the year. Just looks totally off.

Savior, Anon., boeder and 2 others repped this.
  20. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    The more I see him play. The less I want him. He has not been a top performer for 2 years. I do not see the point of this transfer right now.

Dr. MvN repped this.
  21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #296 Excape Goat, Jun 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
    I also don't believe Wirtz is necessary either. However, back in 2012, we also did not need to buy Modric. We had a strong midfield lineup consisting of Ozil, Xabi Alonso, and Kaka. Granero, Khedira, Sahin and Lass were also on the team. Canales was out on loan, but in 2012, we had not given him up yet. The 2012-2013 season also ended up proving that we did not need to buy Modric the summer before.

Then, twelve years later..... what if we decided to bypass Modric?

Deep Pal and Dr. MvN repped this.
  22. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Couldn’t say I would be that excited about Alonso coming in and us having to sell players change tactics and dismantle what we have been building for the last few years.

I would like to see what we look like next season at least

Shay Z, Zidane05 and Digital repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I won't say we will have to sell players due to tactics. If anything, Xabi's 3 CB system allows to play an extra midfielder and we don't have a Carva hier yet. Rodrygo situation depends on whether we play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 in big games under Carlo this season.

Seoul Villan repped this.
  24. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I think tactics will ebb and flow with any new manager. I’m not sure if we know what Xabis man management is like. Walking into the dressing room as it stands is going to be a bigger challenge than tactics IMO.

25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I have no complaints with our lineup. The team is so strong and young that it's hard to really see where we actually need people. Yes a defender, but even that's on the belief Militao is not 100% and Alaba comes back broken.

[​IMG]

Deep Pal, W8W8, Savior and 3 others repped this.