How Much Better Can We Get? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul-7, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not saying Davies is for sure coming here, but he went on record this year saying he was bored in Germany. He's not renewing.

saadomar repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did, so much so that I checked his Wiki to see how old he was and if he could be an option for us. Haha.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh so that's why he's been taking all those private flights to Paris and London to party after losses.

Açores57 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    My thoughts too. Also has a great shot from distance. He's 18. Would make send to bring him to Castilla for a year then have him as the Dani backup in 2025 if he looks ready. Seems to have serious potential.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Being in the right situation is crucial for a defender.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and Ssr9 repped this.
  7. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    My prediction is that we sign both him and Davies before the window closes. Even if Nacho stays, they might do a deal with Yoro for next season. Club seems really focused on the CB situation due to the big injuries and Nacho's very poor form earlier in the season.

Anon., Açores57, saadomar and 1 other person repped this.
  8. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    I am doubt the Yoro and Davies will sign , probably Miguel and Marin

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Like Realist with CL results, your powers with transfer market jinx is unmatched. Thanks for all the good work through the years. :D

Shay Z, sneakking, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  10. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lady Gago was awesome, what are you on about :D

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal and Ssr9 repped this.
  12. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Juni doing his work.His release clause is 12M€.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Assuming there's no shock exit, (we seem to have one every summer) there isn't much else to add. I'm leaning towards retaining Nacho regardless if we add Yoro or not, these vets are important for the room.

I've said it before, Alaba is such a damn good swiss army knife to have I think his best position for us would be in mid, he has such quality on the ball we could plug him into Kroos' spot, between he and Camavinga there should be enough minutes there. I don't see us adding another CM. All of a sudden we have too many attacking options, I have a hunch Carlo may experiment Guler at CM like he did briefly with Asensio.

If we sign Davies, great, if not it's whatever for me. There's enough internal options who can cover the position.

Shay Z and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  14. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

16. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be honest, I don't want us to miss out on Yoro.

We have no idea idea what version of Alaba will return next season, Nacho is 34 and whilst he had a strong end to the season, he made way too many errors in games early to mid-season. Militao should, in theory, return to form in the new season, but I'm worried he might have lost a bit of his pace and acceleration.

Shay Z, Excape Goat, W8W8 and 4 others repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Nir_O repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So Xabi plays 3 CB system. If we are getting Wirtz and Xabi together, could mean Davies LWB and Fede RWB.

JFD is usually right about when he has several articles that we have been working for months on a transfer target. Like Militao, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Endrick etc.

Anon. repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is noteworthy that media such as 'Bild' talks about an agreement of 150 million euros as a figure for a long-term transfer. They do not hesitate to affirm that the German will be a Real Madrid player. A figure that coincides with what Fernando Carro said on Radio MARCA months ago. The general director of Bayer Leverkusen was emphatic.

By the way, Xabi Alonso's future has nothing to do with that of the footballer. Just because they have been communicating on a day-to-day basis does not mean that they decide their future hand in hand. They understand each other, but they are independent careers, which have nothing to do with their future.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2024/06/09/666409f0ca4741a1428b45c6.html

Excape Goat repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sure, but he'll surely consult him and ask him about his opinion. Xabi is young enough to where they can relate in certain aspects.

21. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Not sure why we need Wirtz; he's exciting/creative but is he willing to become a deep playmaker like Kroos? Otherwise his arrival will definitely mean one of Valverde, Camavinga, Brahim or Tchouameni, Guler will be sold.

We already have a solid team from the midfield onwards - let's focus on defensive signings.

22. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    I dont trust media sources which claim that we are ready to splash 150M€ on a future transfer which will come in a year...thats a hell of lot money...its not 40-50m€ which we usually throw(gamble) for Brazilian talents...in a year everything can happen...he can have a bad season,have some serious injury like ACL...bild is shit source

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm impressed you don't one of ours sold lol.

The reality is Wirtz coming may mean not only one has to be moved.

The only way he would fit is if we moved to a type of 343 (31222) and with that we don't need FBs because Cama and Fede would be the wider roaming mids, Jude and Wirtz slightly slowed inner AMs and Vinicius-Mbappe leading the line.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe we should just wait and see if Wirtz is just as good next season before we start selling players and changing our whole formation around just to fit him in.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm not suggesting we do that; I'm rationalizing how that would even work.

The reality is we have a full team so the idea we need Wirtz, Musiala, etc is nonsense unless midfielders we currently have don't take another step in growth and development next season.

We also don't need anymore attackers because we have starters and backups set.

I think the media and fans need to understand we are changing from playing with finesse and ball control (more horizontal) to playing with physicality, press and directness (more vertical).

I believe our best version will be pressing the life out of teams, turning them over then countering quickly. Once we score, we sit back inviting them forward and just break them with our directness, physicality and pace of attacking and counter.

Shay Z, Digital, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.