How many t imes can you bounce the ball without dropping it?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by SpongeBob's Patrick, Nov 14, 2003.

1. I can only do 20.
    This guy in Jamaica has the record, he did it for 2 days straight!

2. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Can go on forever if my body allowed me to.

I just stop myself whenever warming up with keepie-ups.

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Maybe 10-15, I play rightback (or 3rd goalie, if needed) for my club (just a local U18s team) and am better at getting the ball or streaking up the wing than at flashy dribbles or far range shots (but I've got a few - they feel great). Real pain in the ass when kicking the ball around with friends, since most of them can keep it up for a good 60 or so with ease.

Dwight Yorke is surreal at volleying, he can keep it going for as long as he wants, while talking to people or doing interviews, etc

4. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    err, that sounds little bit wrong...
    I guess i'm similar to you billy, but i mostly get bored with keepie ups...i'm much better on the dribble and trapping.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Well, doing the basics does get boring, so usually they try tricky stuff more... I've got just one trick in these situations :)p); the flick-on volley that Cantona used to do with his heel

6. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    [slips into a canadian accent] Beauty eh? Especially at full speed.

7. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I've done over 600, but that was about 5 years ago. People will normally come over and kick the ball away after a few hundred as they are bored.

8. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    Useless skill.

9. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Dont know how many i can do as i usually stop after like 25-30 touches. I have a friend that can litterally do no more than 10 even on a good day and this kid reminds me of Christiano Ronaldo when dribbling a ball so yes it really is a useless skill.

10. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    It is and it isn't useless. You never need to do keep-ups in a game, but it does improve your touch.

11. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I can do about 2 right now.

12. SpongeBobSquarePants

Jun 18, 2003
    Silver Spring
    ..said he player who could only juggle up to 10. It is a very useful skill. It improves your trapping and dribbling skills. Best of all, it is something you can work on when nobody else is around to practice with.

13. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    This is a base of football education. If you’re not able to juggle it you’re probably not able to control , pass or strike the ball cleanly.
    Juggling is reading and writing of football.

14. Di7seconds

Di7seconds New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Land of the Free!!!!
    That's impressive!!

As for myself I would say somewhere around 20-25.

15. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Wrong. I can juggle up to 80. My traps are still horrible.

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#... Juggling is not that important... its just that most people who can juggle the ball well, obviously spend alot of time doing it and if they spend time on that, they also probably spend alot of time, more of course passing and trapping... juggling the ball will help your first touch, but practicing passing and trapping the ball is the only way to seriously better those skillz... trapping, and passing, are the reading and writing of a football education... you can't do a damn thing for a team (unless you are a goalie or manager) unless you can trap a ball, and pass it off.

As for juggling, I average about 20 but my best is 78 and I can usually get one over 50 if I stick to juggling long enough.

Hey, billie, glad u know of Yorke (not many under 18's know him) he is a Trini like me!!! Yeah, he can juggle but on his best day, he could not do it half as well as Russel Latapy, his teammate for Trinidad... he could go in and out between cones juggling with his right or left...

17. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Juggling is the best way to develop a feel for the ball. Without that you can’t do anything else.

18. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    this is true, someone who can't juggle correctly is someone who can't control the ball correctly...
    every football player I know, also in the lowest level can juggle(at least 100-150), and I have the shame of not be able to do more than 30-40, but I don't play with a team...

19. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    20-30, more on a good day....

20. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Juggling is not as important as everyone thinks. I've heard this roughly somewhere but some of the professional players cant go over 20 or soemthing. It is a good skill to practice, but it isn't a prerequisite in anyway.

anyway, with that being said, i could probably go over 100 with just my left foot keeping the ball below my knees.

one thing that's incredibly hard. try to juggle walking up the stairs.

21. true_smokerxiii

true_smokerxiii New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    texas
    tis is how many times i can juggle the ball

about like 70 or 75 times maybe more on a good day

22. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Any pro who has any grace or ability on the ball will be able to do hundreds.

23. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    AHH,It's a joke!
    every professional player can juggle as he want, and everybody who play in a club can juggle good exept maybe in very weak village teams...