How many people watch French league?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Fah Que, Nov 14, 2003.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much money are we talking about in regards to cost of the product?

Are they paying $100K for the Dutch league? $500K?

What about the Bundesliga?

Do Dutch breweries Heineken run commercials during soccer? Amstel? Amstel has the Champ league - but they could be a target. Might be a pity sale, but hey money spends.

What are the channels demographics? Affluent? College educated?

Can you get this sort of info for me?

2. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Ollie would know better, but FSW's total audience is whoever has digital cable or satellite, more or less.

The target audience is probably British expatriates and hard-core MLS fans. That's how they sell targeted ads for those products.

Almost everything else is either time-filler or English language versions of FS en Espanol's Argentinean and Brazilian league telecasts.

Heineken uses tennis to market themselves in the USA, plus NJ Nets basketball. Amstel's CL sponsorship is targeted at Europe and perhaps Oceania, and is probably done by Amstel Europe, just as Mastercard's sponsorship is probably Mastercard's non-North American subsidiary (in NA they use NHL and MLB to market themselves).

None figure to advertise on any FSW product save possible Mastercard ads for MLS in the future.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was looking for hard numbers, but thanks for the info.

I understand that Amstel and Heine have different vehicles, but both should be targeted for the opportunity that is FSW.

The demos have to be very strong for FSW, and hopefully they can work on something together.

I'm guessing their is a large contingent of Italian ex-pats as well. How does RAI do with their matches?

4. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather watch the J-League.

5. Rivaldinho

Rivaldinho Member

Jan 26, 2003
    Why?
    I hope you mean non-Japanese or Korean guys, and aren't implying that white guys' lack of interest is due to racism.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O,

Can you get me some info on the above?

7. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They aren't French.

I actually have a J-League team I sort of root for --
    Kashima Antlers.

They are at a similar level to MLS so I'd like to see how they are doing.

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CFO,

Any chance you can give us hard numbers?

9. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    I would not be allowed to see another sunrise if I post the numbers.

Neither ESPN nor FOX could sell Dutch Football to the likes of Amstel or Heineken in the US market over the past 10 years.

You draw your own conclusions regarding what the numbers look like.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's always PM'ing the info.

ESPN can sell anything they want to, as evidenced by the pilf they offer.

FSW: I'm not certain their expertise.

11. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watch when I can, which really isn't very often (between my EPL and MLS watching, my domestic duties don't leave much further weekend time to just watch soccer).

I do catch the French highlights show whenever I can, which is great. (Have caught some Vanney highlights on there a few times in the last month or so.)

12. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    this is really funny.

Folks, Oliver is not associated with Fox Sports International. In other words, if the contract $$$ amount is not public domain, why do you guys think he would have the numbers?

I mean, if your company pays a certain amount to a supplier for a component in your product line, would you tell Oliver, an outsider, the contract you negotiated with the supplier? YOU WOULD BE DISCLOSING YOUR COMPANY'S CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.

A publicly traded company have to disclose their profits and expenses, but how often do you see a publicly traded company disclose their itemized expenses in their product line?

And Oliver is also dishonest to tell people that he is NOT in a position to know these numbers ***LEGALLY***, regardless of whether he'll be allowed to see another sunrise. The only way he can find out the $$$ amount is by

- stealing it
    - bribing the Fox inside people for such info

Folks, this is not like the NFL announcing their TV deal (of $17.6B) on a press conference 6 years ago. In that instance, the league and the TV entities ****VOLUNTEERED**** the information.