How many fellow Gooners own a copy of "89" on DVD or BluRay??

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BIGHMW, Jul 1, 2019.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got my copy in the mail, shipped from the UK, in region 2 PAL format, this DVD as well as all of my Invincibles-Era DVDs ('02-'03 and '03-'04 season review discs and also "Invincibles", all in PAL format) are the main reason why I am proud to own a region-free DVD player, specifically a Lonpoo LP-099 worldwide player, I can't wait to pop it on tomorrow morning and give my review on this, the story of our title run in 1988-89 ending with the final match of the season, away to Anfield needing to win by two clear goals.

Here is the trailer for it, I didn't know this was out until watching the upload of the original ITV broadcast in 1989 on YouTube in which one of the comments was referring it being made into a movie, I googled it up and there it was, put out just 2 years ago.

COYF'n'G!!!

@NorthBank you would know about this, both you and @goonermaui would both be proud to add this to your collections!!!

Here is the region-free PAL/NTSC DVD player I own:

https://www.amazon.com/LP-099A-Mult...lonpoo+lp-099&qid=1562023761&s=gateway&sr=8-2

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right I would like to own that DVD. But when I looked into it I couldn't find a USA region disc, and I don't have a world player like you do so I didn't buy it.

And to be honest I still haven't even watched it streaming yet, which is completely my bad.

Once I do I might be able to "convince" one of my DVD-R discs to keep a copy. ;)

BIGHMW repped this.