How many APPs do you have?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by teamitup76, Feb 27, 2018.

1. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to see how many others, like me, pay for multiple apps in order to gain access to as many leagues as possible. The apps I subscribe to are:

fubotv
    foxsportsgo
    igol
    fanatiz
    oz live (on a free trial currently)
    fox soccer matchpass (free trial ends on Friday)
    laoltv.tv international

What others do some of you guys subscribe to?

2. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I have ps vue and fubo tv latino, which gives me a lot more soccer than I can keep up with.

3. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have the same as you teamitup76 if I had all the time I wanted to watch games. But I just make do with my old-fashioned Comcast subscription right now. When/if Wrexham are promoted back to the Football League, I'll subscribe to their iFollow.

4. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    All my apps are authentication (FIOS sub) based:

WatchESPN
    NBC Sports
    FoxSportsGo
    beIN Connect
    FIOS Mobile

I wish Fanatiz was cheaper so I could watch some Argentine matches.

5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think world soccer talk has a three months for half off coupon.

6. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I read that the AFA Play (Argentine Federation) is supposed to be a pay app. I just downloaded it on my Firestick and so far content appears to be free. Don't know how long it will last. I went straight to WC videos and I can say that in some cases I have DVDs or HD files that are much better quality than what the AFA is streaming. Not a big surprise, I guess, given their general ineptitude.

7. Steve-O21

Steve-O21 New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    ExpressVPN ($13/mo.) + Smart DNS Proxy ($5/mo.)
    • Hotstar (India, FREE): Bundesliga (used to be able to access Premier League matches, magazine shows, etc., but Disney has since clamped down on proxies since November/December)
    • Megogo (Ukraine, $4/mo.): Ligue 1
    • Optus Sport (Australia, $10.50/mo.): Premier League, Champions League, Europa League
    • Strive Sport (Denmark, $11.75/mo.): LaLiga, Serie A
    I sign into my router's backend from my phone, tick a box, and voila...I'm able to watch everything on my Apple TV. I work really long days, so I need to have the ability to watch matches on replay, hence why I resort to proxies. Plus, I think the above services are much better value than what we have here in the States.

8. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I guess some of these might be a deal but you probably could find a deal on BeIN through Sling (either Mexico/Spanish sports pack or the world pack) and then sub to ESPN+ for $4.99 a month (less if you do a year sub). Both have on-demand and Sling has cloud DVR for $5 extra per month. I don't know how much it costs for NBC gold but I wonder if a year sub to gold + a year sub to BR Live's CL/EL package would be cheaper than the Optus price listed above.

But I hear what you're saying as someone who rarely watches anything live: on demand is necessary or a DVR.