How many Americans actually know Brasilians speak Portuguese?

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by R9magia, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rio is good for the Trannies, just ask this guy; ..[​IMG]
    :)

2. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

6. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Portuguese fans/people are welcome in the Brasil forum just like anyone else is that wants to talk - in a civil manner - about Brasil, culture or football. I hope and think it's the same in any (well, almost any..) other forum in bigsoccer.

I don't share the sentiment. There is a disconnect between the history, but I've met plenty of Portuguese people that are some of the nicest. There's no reason or space to be intolerant here and it won't be permitted. Let's try to relax a little.

As for the topic at hand... I've met plenty of Americans that think that Brazilians just speak: "Brazilian". A little frustrating because you have to always say "no they speak Portuguese", and there's really an ignorance about the different langauge. A lot of people know about Brasil but not all that much outside of stereotypes. For example, in some Spanish text books, all of the Spanish speaking nations are given colors while Brasil is just in grey... but you can't miss that huge country in the midst of all of the Spanish speaking countries.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh man I remember those history books. Definitely burn. But for me the worst continues to be people from Spanish speaking countries, who adore Brasil so much, and believe so much that their culture is tied in and very similar to that of Brasil....yet they think its Spanish that is spoken between the boarders...

Makes my day!

8. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

9. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal

10. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Can I still go to Brasil once I am done my schooling here in Canada? I was thinking of moving to Salvador, or Recife. Any suggestions?

Not accurate. When Brasil were eliminated in 2006 against France, this gorgeous Honduran moreninha sitting infront of me at the bar took off he Canary yellow jersey of Ronaldo to reveal a maroon red jersey of C.Ronaldo...lol... :)

It was quite comical.

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

13. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will not respond to your trolling until the moderator ask you to stop so we can go back on the topic.

14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    On topic ?? Which one ? Your racist inclinations ?
    Labeling me a troll doesn't change anything or the facts that you're expousing racist views and have not actually discussed much on the topic at hand.
    I started my postings agreeing with your assessment of the language and you even Rep'ed me with praises and relief on being understood on that account. The divergence of opinions is not on the topic of language but on your racist comments .

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Topic closed.