How Long have you supported Arsenal? And why do you support them?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by CCSoccer000, Jun 30, 2005.

1. CCSoccer000

CCSoccer000 New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Alexandria, Kentucky
    I have supported arsenal all my life. I am only 14 years old but i still remember watching them play as a little kid. The arsenal have been my favorite team as long as i can remember and i will always love them. arsenal to me is a great example of what futbol really is and why it is so popular. the gunners play with such passion and with such pride in there names that only a top english team can posses. They play with power and honor and they are and one day i hope to be one of them. I love the arsenal because i have supported them and been surrounded by them all my life. i love the way they play and will support them forever and always.

Arsenal - All hail the gunners

2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    when, yesterday?

i recommend you just drum up some old threads exactly like this one...

3. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    forever and always, baby... ;)

4. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Doesnt this thread reappear every month??? Mods - can we merge or delete please!

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Oh Phishy!!!! trust you!!! The guy is 14 and he's been a member since May. He hasn't done anything wrong so let him post!!! :p

6. Frankgarrison

Frankgarrison Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Although I'm no oldtimer in the big picture, I can remember when there was no Arsenal America website (not to mention one as nicely done as the one we have) and there were only a handful of North American supporters. I remember watching the Fox Sports highlight show just hoping that Arsenal's match would be the extended highlight feature match.

I think the good nature and hospitality (as well as the knowledge and insight) of Arsenal supporters on both sides of the Atlantic, as well as, of course, the splendid results the club has acheived in the last few years (and its appearance on television in the US and Canada) are the main reasons for the upsurge in Arsenal support on this side of the pond. I know in Mississippi I've done my part to convert (badger? bore?) my freinds and family to the wonder of Arsenal.

Welcome aboard!

Frank

7. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    ouch!

8. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Geez, phishy, he's 14!!! I think we can cut the kid some slack here!

(But, BTW, my first reaction was "Another fargin' poll about when I started supporting the Arse???")

9. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    exactly.. i guess i forget that we continually get newbies and i need to respect that~
    carry on then.

10. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    OK, everyone, time to KNOCK OFF THE CRAP!!!

Geez am I getting sick and tired of having to delete posts.

Don't wind up anyone, and don't respond if you get wound up!

Seriously, people, you have an ignore list. Please use it!

11. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I think we should add a freakin' "bitch & moan" thread in the off topic area just to give everyone a place to go with all the personal attacks, wind ups, and other BS. That way you can get it out of your systems so it doesn't leak over into every third thread on the board.

My kid is in town for a month, so I'm not going to be around much, and having to spend what little time I have on BS deleting crap isn't my idea of a great time. Sorry if everyone thinks I've got my panties in a bunch, because they pretty much are right now.

If you want to pitch insults, do it in World Rivalries or PM each other into submission. We're trying to keep this area for discussions about football in general and Arsenal in particular. Everything else needs to find another board.

12. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    WR...my kinda place. if phishy actually posted there i would fucking rip into his posts... :D

13. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Geez...stay off the boards for three small hours while watching a DVD and all hell breaks loose...again! How do I always manage to miss this stuff?

14. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    i hear ya man.. i always miss the good stuff :(
    maybe we should just leave the inciteful comments in the forums? =P

15. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome-ignore the meanies. And the nudity threads-they are not for your young eyes! ;)

16. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    never a dull moment when i'm around. i'm currently putting some stupid girl in her place at WR, check it out.

17. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    My answer's somewhere in a previous thread....but basically, Arsenal mug...blah blah...4 years or something..blah blah... Liverpool the best team, us english always go for the underdog..blah blah...the biggest tiger I'd ever seen..blah blah...18th earl of windsor...blah blah...lovely girl...blah blah.... so I shot it....blah blah...also I'm afraid I was very very drunk...

18. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

You've only supported them for 4 years!!!

WHAT - WERE YOU SPURS BEFORE!!! :D

19. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England

oppps!! :eek:

20. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do like how the kid who started this thread didn't bother with any of the embarrassing newbie categories. The choices range from 5 years to forever, Nice one. :)

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

:D God I love editing!!

BWWWWHHHAAAAAAAA!!

22. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I became an Arsenal fan when I lived in England in the mid-70s. My first team was named Arsenal (my coach had arrived in England following the Double of 71 and had got caught up in the hoopla). So for two years I got to wear the red and white of Arsenal, so I of course became a fan. Not that it was easy -- back then we were 2-4 spots ahead of relegation (occupying the same territory as Chelsea). Our team had been gutted. I saw two games at Highbury -- the first was against Derby who had Charlie George and my second game was against Liverpool who had Ray Kennedy.

Once I got back to the states, it was hard to follow Arsenal -- all the news was about Liverpool, as they ran off the most successful 12 year run this side of the Boston Celtics or UCLA basketball.

So, with my tiny town finally getting cable and FSW finally available, I've been able to become an active fan for the past 4 years. So, I'm a newby and a longtimer all at once.

BTW, welcome aboard.

23. CCSoccer000

CCSoccer000 New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Alexandria, Kentucky
    Thank you. i agree. just because i am 14 doesnt mean anything. i play soccer myself and also love watching it. i love the arsenal and thats what this thread is about. i know we like to get off topic but really lets cut the crap and stick to the point. if this thread reapears every month thats my fault...im new to this. so lets get off the fact that im 14 because no one cares ok. that doesnt mean anything. thank you.

24. CCSoccer000

CCSoccer000 New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Alexandria, Kentucky
    Carry on please.