How is Lothar Matthäus doing in Netanya?

Discussion in 'Israel' started by Borussia, Jul 8, 2008.

1. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Hey Borussia :)
    How you doing mate? Getting ready for Saturday?? I sure am!!

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I intended to make the trip to Stuttgart with 2 friends ... but they cannot get free this Saturday. And I won't make the trip alone (especially, as I don't know if there's still tickets available for the away sector). Well, I'm sure there will be enough Gladbach fans to support the team (last time, when I was there, we had a clear home game atmosphere:)...;)

Have you been in Tel Aviv tonight? Pity that you lost the top match against Hapoel and are only 3rd now.

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's refresh this thread...;)

Who remembers this powerful guy in red with the Nr. 8 top?

CLICK 1

CLICK 2

CLICK 3

Not a good day for Francis (lost a decisive header duel that led to the 0:1 and was without any chance before getting subbed) when he came back to the club where he started his career...

Btw: Congrats to Netanya on reaching the Cup semi-final! After being without any chance to win the championship, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the Cup at least.

4. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Perhaps Mattheus will get a title this year after all, we sure hope so. After 26 years it's the most important thing for us, but that's not going to be easy. It's hard to beat the same team 3 times, it's been proven so many times. But, this is still football, anything is possible.

We can still go to UEFA, if the cup winner is one of the top 3, the team that finish 4th go to UEFA.

Oh man Francis is actually playing?? Regardless of the number of scores, most fans just really disliked him. They felt that he doesn't care for the club and too slow, due to his enormous size.

5. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Francis Kioyo? He's a little hero in Gladbach, though he never played for us.
    Some years ago Gladbach and 1860 Munich (with Kioyo) were in relegation battle, and Kioyo missed a decisive penalty on matchday 33, 1860 were relegated. The last game was meaningless, Gladbach vs 1860 in the last game on the legendary Bökelberg, we could focus on the farewell party for our stadium. And Kioyo received his chants for keeping us in the Bundesliga by missing his penalty the week before.;)

6. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Bad news:
    Matthaus won't continue another season in Netanya...Today Jammer and Matthaus met, and decided not to continue another season. It ended in a good terms and understanding. Due to the financial crisis Jammer lost some money and will cut the budget in 40%.

We're not happy about it, but we understand the circumstances.
    http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussb...atthaeus/trainer-aus-bei-maccabi-netanya.html

7. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    ooo well.....

That being said...
    Netanya seems to go on the down-ward spiral

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's rumours in Germany that Mr. Jammer intends to invest some money in Fortuna Düsseldorf (traditional club which is playing for 2nd league promotion this season in a 50,000 stadium) and install Matthäus as new manager there. I don't know how reliable those sources are, since private sponsorship isn't allowed in Bundesliga (except for Hoffenheim)...

I feel sorry for you and all faithful Netanya fans about this development. Now you'll understand why I don't like a club to be owned by a person/tycoon or a company (like VW or Bayer).

9. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Yea considering he already owned a team from Slovakia and now this team is somewhere in the 3rd league there, so we're kind of worried. But they both said on Israeli TV that it's just speculation and that Jammer will announce in couple of days whether or not he is staying. He did promise the Mayor of Netanya that he's going to stay in one way or another...I guess we'll find out soon..:confused:

10. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Nice to see that Netanya has a new stadium, no image...and no money.

Guess its back to Liga Leumit with Hapoel Jerusalem

11. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    You know just like me that Netanya is not a "Leumit" kind of club. Beitar spent more time there then we did. We're playing our 49 year in the first league while Bietar only 36 years...Your team was established in 1936 while we did in 1934!

Anyway, we're still waiting to hear from Jammer and his future plans. The last rumour is that he will take with him some Netanya players to Dusseldorf. It's still not clear if he's going to own the 2 clubs...

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That would be absolutely illoyal towards Netanya!

Btw: Lothar Matthäus was co-commentator of the CL game "Chelsea vs Barcelona" on German tv tonight ... and stated that he won't go to Düsseldorf. IMO, he'd better stay in Netanya and try to win the championship title next season! Why does he want to leave after this season??

13. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    It's still not clear...Maybe because of the budget?! Because Mattheus did a great job, and he still have a chance to finish with a title. We wont take championship (even if Haifa and Hapoel are just 7 points ahead) for sure, but we're already in UEFA because Beitar didn't got approved...

14. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Wait? WHy is beitar not in UEFA? :?

15. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I didn't really get it either. Beitar management fell to give some financial papers, so UEFA didn't approved them...
    They're going to appeal but their chances are slim.

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunately, this chance is gone now. Pity.

Did you attend the semi-final game with the tragic pk shooting defeat?

Edit: Just noticed that you did. :)

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've just read on www.spiegel.de that Lothar Matthäus is going to leave Netanya and sign a contract with a pretty unknown Hungarian team.

Damn, I hate this job hopping! Why didn't he stay and form a good team for next season? I think he owed that to the Netanya fans after the great welcome he received.

18. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Jammer couldn't afford him anymore, and just like Mattheus left, some of our players are leaving as well.
    Jammer is cutting down the budget and want to base the club on young and home players.
    Too bad because we like Mattheus, at least our new manager it's someone that was Mattheus helper, so he learned a lot from him. So hopefully we will manage somehow.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In this "Spiegel" interview, Daniel Jammer confirmed your statement:

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,633205,00.html

Well, then I can understand that Matthäus didn't want to stay. What I don't understand though, is why did Jammer cut the budget? I can't imagine he'd be in serious financial trouble when knowing that he intended to invest a lot of money in Fortuna Düsseldorf (what got rejected)...

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @ FCMN

Hey mate, where are you? Hope you are ok.
    Did you get my PM?