How good is Sergio Aguero?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by PhilipMawson, Dec 21, 2008.

1. PhilipMawson

PhilipMawson New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I want to know how good Sergio Aguero is? what are his top attributes?

2. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I my opinion Sergio Aguero is one of the elite strikers in the world. His top Attributes I would say are his pace, technical skill on the ball, and a nose for the goal

3. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    i think his overrated, has a lot of potential tho

4. eyemeagalot

eyemeagalot New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Club:
    Palm Beach Pumas
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I also think he is overrated and he is also conceited and self centered. him and messi were asked by uefa to make a list of the best XI in europe and messi picked aguero over samuel eto'o to complete his team, while messi failed to make aguero's team.. talk about envy

5. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because courtesy simply must be taken into account when forming personal oppinion. :rolleyes:

I admit I haven't very seen much of Aguero but from what I have seen he's very much like Romario in his movement and technique. A quick question though, if anyone knows, what is it with him and tight shirts? Every time I see him play for Atletico his kit is one size smaller than everyone else's.

6. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sergio Aguero, it's difficult to start with such a talent, I personally think he is the best striker in the world ( Yes ,this is coming from a Real Madrid fan that hates his guts)

He's hard to knock off the ball , he has an excellent sense of where to position himself on the field( In my opinion the most important trait to have as a footballer ), technique out of this world, reminiscent of Romario at his best , excellent pace , capable of picking out his teammates runs .

In truth he has it all, and next season or the season after that he'll move to a "bigger" team where he could benefit from better teammates and more press coverage .

7. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I personally think Milan should make an enquiry, he's precisely the kind of forward they need to partner Pato and he'd thrive with the kind of service Kaka and Pirlo would provide for him.

8. DeadAirSpace

DeadAirSpace New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Texas / Luton
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Milan should look into Aguero.

I would also like Luton Town to buy him, but thats a long shot at this point...

Seriously though, how good is he? Very. He'll leave Atletico at the endof season I reckon. Barca maybe? Or Moneybags at Man City?

9. mr_burns

mr_burns New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Castellón
    He started this season very well. In the firsts weeks he was considered one of the bests attackers, but nowadays he had decreased a bit. He isn't as "killer" as he started.

10. mr_burns

mr_burns New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Castellón
    I agree with you, I think he'll leave Atleti next season, but I think he won't go to Barcelona (they have Eto'o, Henry, Messi and Bojan), he'd prefer Milan or Manchester.

11. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, scored the winner today against Barca to cap off his brace. This kid is a special talent, and a joy to watch!!!

12. Enzzo

Enzzo New Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i hope that he show today, how good is :)

13. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lmao :D

14. 10Messi17altidore

10Messi17altidore New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    US
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very promising young talent. :)

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Still rated 1 of the top 20 strikers in the world right?

16. alihos93

alihos93 New Member

May 30, 2007
    Iran/Australia
    i havent watched him much but he seems a very promising talent. he has excellent finishing from the goals i have seen from him and thats what makes a top striker.

17. francislm9

francislm9 New Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    good player no doubt about that..i've seen him at the under 21 world cup in canada and he was superb ! this year also he is speed and very technical

18. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    He's like a slightly less good version of Gonzalo Higuain.

19. rooneywillsaveus

rooneywillsaveus New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just by looking at his numbers, 47 goals in the last two seasons for a 21-year-old? that's remarkable.