how good is owen

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by slimshady69, Dec 17, 2005.

1. slimshady69

slimshady69 New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    the meadows ghetto
    played 7 newcatle games and scored 7

hes so f;kin good, in the first half he touch the ball twice and scored two goals, then in the second he sets shearer up, then he scores a open goal in the final kick of the game

the guy is a relentless animal upfront

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Played 8 actually. :D

3. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    He is amazing.....no offence to Newcastle fans but he is completely wasted playing for Newcastle.

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    How so?

5. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Owen needs to be playing in the champions league. Newcastle are not in it. And i dont believe they will make the top 4 this season. This will mean 2 successive seasons will have gone by without Owen playing in highest stage in European club football. For a player of his quality this is a waste.

6. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What he said.

Newcastle could be that team but not with Souness in charge.

7. Uniteder

Uniteder New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Owne needs to go to a bigger club maybe To arsenal if henry leaves..

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I think people need to reserve judgement on Souness until the end of the season, I don't know what it is but I just have a feeling about this season....of course it could be gas but who knows.

And Newcastle is a bigger club than Arsenal. Newcastle are bigger but Arsenal are better.

9. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wenger doesn't want him, he could have signed him well before Newcastle thought they had a chance but didn't.

10. Fiction

Fiction New Member

Dec 5, 2005
    England
    Agree totally, Souness seems to building a really nice team for the future, Parker, Emre, Luque, Owen, when these guys are running at full pelt I think Newcastle could be a serious contender for the top 5.

I still think the defense needs a serious overhaul though, especially Titus Bramble, what hes still doing in the side I'll never know.

Newcastle are a successful club waiting to happen. :)

11. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Bramble is a good player.

12. rayray

rayray New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    all of the other teams were so stupid not to snatch that scoring machine up - make room for him on any team....and liverpool - enough said! :eek:

13. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago

14. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

The only thing at Newcastle that needs an overhaul is the training facilities. Seriously, the frequency with which Newcastle players get injured is phenomonal, so much so that I almost feel sorry for Souness. ;)

15. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well Owen is class, top class, always has been always will be, i just wish he was playing for a club in the champions league but he may get Newcastle up the league if he continues his form.

16. spursman

spursman Red Card

Nov 29, 2005
    herts, england
    i think newcastle is a good place for him to be. it will be interesting to see how much they have transformed at the end of the season

17. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    bigger? how so? in terms of success?

18. spursman

spursman Red Card

Nov 29, 2005
    herts, england
    success/fans/stadium capacity etc

19. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    fanbase and money.

20. seabert

seabert New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Yes, i agree that the pitch of the Stadium has to be improved oeverwise, the result can only improve hardly....but we can't blame the injuries......we have to sort the pitch condition out shortly than later......With another new signing of defender, we can do something in the europe.....

21. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004

well I hope when the newcastle fans taunt liverpool over getting owen we chant back "what a waste of talent" ,mkae no mistake , a player of owen's quality while saying all the right things in public to appease newcastle fans will be gutted that he is missing out on playing in the champions league .Mind you the only thing micheal owen has ever truly loved is england national team ,he doesn't really have club loyalty.

22. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    if you say so :D we believe ya ;)

23. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

In a world cup year though, it can only help that Owen is playing less. Besides, Newcastle is perfect for him (IMO) because he takes them to another level and he doesn't have to share #1 striker role like he did at Madrid and would have had to at ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool. This will do wonders for his confidence and bodes very well for England going into the world cup. Also, at Newcastle, playing alongside a great target man and with a player like Emre in the midfield, he will get great service, and this guy is still 3 years away from his prime. It could turn out to be one of the most astute purchases Newcastle fans have seen since Shearer himself joined.

24. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    probably not, Arsenal gets support from all over the country, Newcastle just gets it in the North East.

25. spursman

spursman Red Card

Nov 29, 2005
    herts, england
    WHAT!? :confused: