How games do you watch per weekend?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Excape Goat, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    About 3 to 4....

this weekend, I saw the Valencia-Real Madrid, Manchester City-Spurs.... part of the Bayern Munich, Manchester Utd and the Basque Derby.

2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Must be nice. I watched the second half of the USA womens NT game. I miss club futbol.

3. soccerchick584

soccerchick584 New Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Tennessee
    I unfortunately saw Valencia beat Real, I saw the Spurs-City, and saw all 3 of the Women's World Cup matches yesterday.

4. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Arsenal - Newcastle friday night.1 st half only.
    Leicester - Man Utd.Until United scored those 2 goals.
    Chelsea vs Aston Villa - The Second half.
    Valencia - RM :) Good game.Next week it's us against Valencia. hmmm
    Saw bit of Reggina-Juventus Saturday night as well.

AC Milan vs Lecce taped it.Watched first 30 minutes.Will watch rest of match tonight.

Atletico Madrid vs FC Barcelona. A draw for us only :)

5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    On average I would have to say 3

MFL
    Live
    Guadalajara (Chivas) vs Aguascalientes (Necaxa)

(Channel surf between the rest of the MFL matches on both Saturday and Sunday)

MLS
    Live
    Los Angeles (Galaxy) vs Kansas City (Wizards)

Euro

Valencia vs Real Madrid - Delayed

Mid week

Osasuna vs Barca - Delayed

Juventus vs Roma - Delayed

All on free TV

As for the Womens World Cup, I will most likely watch the Final match. Other than that, womens soccer doesn't interest me very much. Maybe except for a couple of cuties playing for Sweden.

6. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only match I saw was the Arsenal v Newcastle United live on Friday. I switched between football and soccer during the weekend but didn't see a lot of any other match.

7. Fuerza River

Fuerza River New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    CAMPEON DEL MUNDO
    I watch as much as can or at leats what they show on fox sports world.

This week I saw Arsenal Vs. Newcastle

Chelsea Vs. Aston Villa

Boca Juniors Vs. Racing Club

I also saw some UEFA cup

8. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I usually don't watch any games on the weekend, because I only get the EPL. Most of the time, I won't sit down and watch an EPL game.

9. realmadrid1086

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 29, 2002
    Alabama
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newcastle vs. Arsenal
    Kansas City vs. Los Angeles
    Hamburg vs. Hertha Berlin
    Liverpool vs Charlton
    Boca Juniors vs. Racing Club
    US WNT vs N. Korea WNT

10. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't tell me that you don't enjoy the EPL.

11. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is good soccer, but I just don't have an interest in the league (anymore).

12. steve hog

steve hog Red Card

Sep 21, 2003
    miami
    lISTEN, YOU CANADIAN LOSER, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY, WHAT YOU THINK, OR YOU, PISS OFF, CANADA IS GAY.

13. Pottertons

Pottertons New Member

May 28, 2003
    Canada_GTA
    Settle down Stevey!!!!

I watch footey WHENEVER I CAN.

Probably about 5-10 matches per week. Depending on whose playing, and time on my hands.

Could be even more during the weeks where there's UEFA and CL competition going on.

1st and foremost, I MUST NEVER miss a match from the EPL, cause my team is in it and it's just my main league. So right there is 4-6 matches per week....2 SAT's on Snet, 2 SUN's on FSWC.

Then CL. 2 on TSN

UEFA...usually a couple of those on Snet./digital

may watch a match here and there from the Bundesliga or Dutch league (depending on who's playing)

Don't get Spanish primera...although I wish we still did.

and depending on how deep my pockets are, I usually watch the EURO, WC, FA cup etc........pay TV matches. (It's a bl00dy rip off, but I can't miss it........U know how it is.....the best ones are always the ones you miss :) )

Last and difinately not least, i sometimes watch the 'CLASSIC' FA cup matches on 'ESPN classic CANADA' on Friday nights.

Oh yeah. If any of you are canadian viewers and don't have this link. THEN it's a MUST.

http://canadatvsoccer.tripod.com/index.htm

Brilliant SITE. Always updated, even be the official stations site is updated. I plan my whole week around this site.
    I do tend to watch WAAAAAY too much ....(so the misses says anyway) and most of the time it's recorded while i'm at work.

I've even left work to watch a match and then made it back b4 the manager got in. Heee heee!!!!

There is one benifit of being in CANADA. No-one talks footey, so when I tape a match cause i'm out, I don't have to worry about hearing the final score b4 I've had the chance to witness it myself.

Anyway........Enuff babble. (LFC supporter, but no pun intended) :)

14. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Usually, I wake up early to catch the Saturday 6:30 am EPL match on FSW.

I also convince the lovely wife to let me watch about half of the 11 am CST EPL game (unless it is a repeat of the morning game).

Back when Soccer Saturday was actually on Saturday's, I'd catch the ESPN2 MLS game in the afternoon, then hit the FSW MLS game at night. I follow that with MLS Wrap.

Never miss the Monday FSW EPL game at 2 pm CST. Plus, I catch any games I can during the week as long as I don't already know the result.

Juanele, you have good club futbol right in your state, my friend. Colorado Rapids are red hot right now in MLS and will pose a serious threat on the road to MLS Cup 2003. They've got a new investor and will soon have a new SSS. You want to see some great club futbol, you've got to support the domestic league now, in order for the money to be there in the future to bring in some better international talent.

15. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    If I'm at home, then it's quite alot, as with Sky we have at least 2 premiership games, a nationwide game, 2 Spainsh games, an Italian game, and some German football as well. But at uni we on't have Sky, so I'll probably just watch one or two premiership games.

16. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I do watch the Rapids when I can but my team that I coach plays all of their games on Saturday. So unless it is a Saturday night game I'm unable to watch them. Still, even when I get to watch them, it is not the same as watching the team I grew up with.

17. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Okay.

I will remember that for next time.

18. Mustang2000

Mustang2000 New Member

Sep 2, 2000
    Kent, England
    From last Friday I watched:

Fri, went out so I missed the Arsenal - Newcastle game.
    Sun, Premiership highlights
    Sun, Man city - spurs
    Tues, Locomotiv Moscow - Arsenal, though I only got home from work to see the last 15 mins.
    Wed, Chelsea - Besiktas
    Sat, Liverpool - Arsenal
    Sun, Premiership highlights
    Sun, Aston Villa - Bolton