How far will the US advance in WC2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by BigSoccer, Aug 14, 2005.

1. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    i think that the farthest the u.s will get is maybe to the last 16..i have a feeling it will be very difficult for them to progess from the group stage...

2. Joe Stoker

Joe Stoker Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Stokerland
    Agree w/Andy Bennet: From the start, it will have to do with their initial grouping. If the US winds up in the Group of Death (there always seems to be one), think 2010. They can match speed and strength with the big boys. Once through their group, a good sweet-16 match-up (Mexico?) or upset would carry them again to the quarters. but I think the rest of the world is aching to put the highly-ranked upstarts in their place. Need total focus and attack mode from the first kick-off.

3. Soccer_Not_Football

Soccer_Not_Football New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I reckon we'll win the world cup.

This is our best roster in years, we showed in the last world cup that we could play against the so called "superpowers" and were unlucky not to beat Germany in the QF, this time though we're better. Beasley can become the next Cruyff, Donovan is going to show that he is world class, and with Reyna, Gooch, Convey we're gonna show the whole world what a great side we are, all those Euro's/South Americans will deny this cuz they are scared of us and know we're about to become a major force in world football! in terms of talent i reckon we're the 4th best in the world, only Brazil, Argentina and Holland better in my opinion

p.s wait till Adu is in the squad and in 2010! Adu will show why he is the next Pele and we'll retain are world cup in 2010! :D

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    [​IMG]

5. matty boy

matty boy New Member

May 31, 2005
    Leic/ ENG
    you lot must have been smoking crack, i think the us will be better in a few years but so will a lot of other teams, trying to make out usa are better than england, france, germany and czech rep is ridiculous. your forgetting we beat you with our 3rd team 2-1. if you are so good why are you comparing your players on englands team, if you we that good you wouldn't care

6. Agus

Agus New Member

Apr 2, 2003
    California, USA
    Quarter Finals or Semi-Finals !

7. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Are u serious ?...what the hell are u smoking ?..the u.s isnt even on top of their zone (concacaf)..and ur already putting them as top 4 of the world ?..hahaha!!! halarious...its even more halarious because u actually belive it...but hey its kool to be confident about ur squad..just dont be stupid

8. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Oddly, the US did finish top of the Hex.

It's even more hilarious when some dumbass takes the bait of an obvious sockpuppet.

9. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    oddly..its the first fvking time they end up in first place..and the last....trust me
    Costa Rica is alot better than the u.s...and its even funnier when a dumba$$ tries to make up a lame excuse like yours....sockpuppet ?..hahahaha !!! pendejo !!!

10. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    What are YOU smoking? The US finished qualification top of the group!

11. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Jesus !!!! they finished top of the group for the first time in their history !!!! that doesnt mean sh!t !!! talk trash when their on top for 20 yrs..thats history..thats dominance of the zone..not one lucky year....u guys make such a big deal about it...its so fvking halarious !!!

12. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Oddly, that's completely irrelevant to who's good now.
    Stop with the pendejadas-- it is clearly a sock. You just bought it hook, line and sinker. Try real hard not to act embarassed.

13. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    LOL..!! u yanks sure are stupid animals !! how is it irrelavant if its the first fvking time u end up on top ?...and again...stop trying to use that lame excuse...everyone knos u meant it !!! Estupido !! hahahahah ur pathetic !!1

14. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    OK, who who's the champion in Mexico? The team that won the last tournament or the team that's won the most tournament in the last twenty years?

Is Uruguay still better than Mexico because Uruguay's won two World Cups?

Which lame excuse? That "Soccer_Not_Football" is a sock?

Hmm. Let's see: he joined in November (that's this month), he doesn't have many posts, and he's posted something ridiculous.

Just admit that you didn't understand he was a sock, got heated up and made a fool of yourself. It's not a big deal.

15. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Keep it comming Paulson...i got u right where i want you...it seems ur the one thats getting a little heated up..i cant belive ur this stupid....oh, and one more thing..get ur football facts strait before u post..dumbass !! hahahahahahahaha !!!!!

16. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    :confused:
    Yep, you're coming across pretty well. Are you "soccer_not_football"? Just admit it!

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, the argument in this thread isn't really "who is champion of CONCACAF?"

If the USA are top 4 in the world, they need to have some pedigree. So in that sense, ElDivino has a point. Winning the HEX on a head-to-head goal-difference tiebreaker one time, does not make you #4 in the world. Just like no objective person thought France were #1 in 1998. But after they won again in 2000 and dominated in UEFA qualifying, THEN many people considered France to be #1.

18. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Actually, that was ElDivino's point: "The US isn't even top of CONCACAF". In that case, winning the hex, two recent Gold Cups to one of theirs, and a slim 3-2 advantage in games that count, seem to be a pretty strong basis that the US is the best in CONCACAF, albeit not by much.

Oh sure. The Top 4 in the world stuff is obviously crap (that's why it's obviously a sock saying it) and the US's modest achievements have no relation to what it would take to make you #4 in the world.

19. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    stop it paulson...we all kno u meant it..stop fvking about already...the u.s was lucky to end up on top of the hex and u kno it..

20. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    actually, it is a bit of a mystery how Mexico folded...?

Any thoughts on that?

21. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Ahh..yess...let the hate flow through..lol..now thats a question.!!..well..it was no mystery really , they folded because they didnt have their sh!t together..and their opppnents took advantage..nothing more..nothing less
    thats the truth..is it not ?

22. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    How do you work that out? They beat teams soundly including Mexico at home.

23. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Well, if you want to claim the US was lucky to win the hex, saying Mexico took a little bribe to throw the game is probably a better argument.

24. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    the USA team has no quality in there team thats going to frighten the top 8 teams. depending on the draw they will be lucky to reach the QF. your on crack if you think the USA is one of the top teams and should reach the semis .

25. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Dunno about that. They're probably good enough.