How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Even if our players are more tired, the psychological pressure is all on Barcelona. We can beat them with a certain level of ease. Just need to take the game seriously.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, MerlinRM and 2 others repped this.
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Playing at home w Barca absolutely needing 3 points serves us well. We’ll hit em on the counter. The league is over with just a draw IMO.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't know how the guys will have physical and more importantly mental energy to compete on Sunday

yoanaidarov, Ssr9, arcane and 3 others repped this.
  4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They'r at their lowest right now.....and I love it!

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barca played with 10 men for 60 minutes and got knocked out despite leading by 2 goals. That's hard to recover from mentally. We had a brutal night physically but must be euphoric. But this is also a do or die match for Barca in La Liga title race while we have a good cushion. That mentality backfired in 2022 home Clasico (mostly because Carlo played weird formation with Modric as false 9 too).

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We also don't need to travel for the game, and with Carlo i'm convinced everybody got a day off.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I don't know who comes this summer but I'm seeing a lot more flexibility with Jr these days and I confident he'll adapt to whatever role he has

9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    He wasn't too shabby centrally imho.

temesgen repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

Ya, he used to need that space to run into but I don't think it's necessary anymore. Of course it's the best position for him but he's able to play more centrally and I am even seeing him show up on the right side now from time to time.

Regardless what happens I think more positional flexibility will help us get more out of Rodrygo. Frankly I think there have been times Rodrygo has floated to the Left with Jr moving to middle or right side just to help Rodrygo get into a rhythm this season.

Digital repped this.
  11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    T
    The Rodrygo assist goal came from Vini on the right. :thumbsup:

temesgen and Digital repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

libertao and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

MerlinRM repped this.
  14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But we are on a high note.

Shay Z repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy looks like a monster. He’s got the physicality to throw his body into tough duels and aerial battles, but it also looks like he has elite passing range and technique with the ball at his feet.

It makes sense that it seems the club doesn’t want to pass up on this guy despite the fact that we have 4 cb’s as it stands.

Anon., arcane, Galatico and 2 others repped this.
  16. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    4 CB's and 3 of them over 30. 2 are post ACL. Perfect sense.

Shay Z, Açores57, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  17. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I used to say I see some R9 in Vinicius. :p

18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Which makes me wonder, who's he going to replace? Nacho or Alaba?

If Nacho retires, then Alaba isn't going to play 4th choice CB on his wage and where else is he going to play?

19. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I’d rather keep Nacho than Alaba. I know Nacho hasn’t been the best at times, but he’s a clutch player who will play anywhere asked.

Alaba refused to play LB as a diva, and was declining rapidly. Add in a complicated ACL recovery and massive wages….. Saudi needs to be on the bat phone to get a deal done this summer.

20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    #11545 AppleBob86, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I'd agree. Given ACL, age and wages, I think Alaba might be on his way out in the summer if we can find someone

Then again, the club has shown many of times the emotional connection to some players and keeping them beyond what they can offer so wouldn't surprise me if he does stay somehow

21. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I know that Mendy has recovered defensively, he’s been an absolute wall this season which is great.

I think ideally we’d find a way to sign Davies, and keep Mendy. Having both of them would be ideal as Davies would be an upgrade offensively in some of these games were we need offense against the low block and Mendy is important in the games we need defense.

probably not a realistic outcome but makes the most sense long term.

22. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Probably a little far-fetched, but maybe see if there's mutual interest in a transfer but Yoro remains in Lille for another year on loan? As mentioned, Alaba's on what amounts to an un-movable contract, and I wouldn't really count on Saudi saving us both because who knows if they're interested in him but also because who's to say Alaba's ready to enter soft retirement.

I don't think for one minute the club passes on 18-year-old Leny Yoro because of the decisions of 34-year-old Nacho. I also don't think the club will force Nacho out the door, they'll let him decide his future somewhat on his terms out of respect. I'm not worried how this one ultimately turns out - it sounds like we're in the drivers seat for this signing given Lille's reluctance to deal with PSG - but the way it's handled will be interesting.

23. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
  24. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States