How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I'm pretty sure the club can handle players like that. Cristiano and as much as we love him Ramos were divas and the club knew how to handle the situations until they didn't have to anymore. So I'm not worried at all.

Neither do I care if Mbappe "treated us like bitches". This type of pettiness is childish and the club is above it. If you can help us win games and titles we can handle the rest until we don't have to. That's how I see the club treating it and personally I like it.

Savior, RMadrid2222, HZinho and 2 others repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, passing on a goal machine like Mbappe out of pettiness and letting him join a CL rival in England would be dumb move.

petros93 repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I care.

Sets a poor precedent and standard. Mbappe hasn't done enough to warrant the club feigning this level of ignorance toward him basically "playing" with the club like it is a toy for his amusement until it was time to get his next treat from the French oligarchy.

I mean it's not like after a couple of years of Hazard being on vacation the club was able to simply part ways without absorbing the majority of the humiliation. We had to win title after title, year after year with him watching from the bench to bury that demon.

What if we pass on him and he stays in Paris. Does it then become acceptable?

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #teamVinnyJrfromday1

zizou555 repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Still dumb if we pass on him just because of pettiness. Signing Mbappe increases our chances of dominating La Liga and be a regular CL contender. Barca don't have a scoring machine to counter us unlike Messi vs Ron days.

Anon. repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We passed on goal machine Haaland and he looked the better fit for the teams needs, just look at Bellingham's goal tally as a tap in merchant barreling straight down the middle.

Yet here we are.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some of our much loved legends didn't treat the club much better, Raul didn't leave a cent on the table when he clearly wasn't wanted anymore, and Rene Ramos was practically living in the Bernabeu offices with the number of trips he did asking for a raise and threatening to leave to United or whomever. One of our best ever players couldn't even wait after we got the CL medals to do an interview saying he wants to leave, plus all the muy triste business. Players have been strictly business with us before, and we have been strictly business with Iker, Salgado, Carlos, Marcelo and Ramos. Kylian is a bit of dick but I don't think we would pass up on him because of that, he's too good and fills our one missing need. You should look up what Maradona did at Barcelona and Napoli, or even Rooney at United recently is you wanna see what players who are very good and know it do.

Shay Z, Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    My issue with Mbappe is him bringing that "personality" to infect our lockerroom. Modric won't be around and Kroos will basically be on his way out.

If that "me first, fcuk the team" attitude is infectious? All our planning and building will be for nought.

Hence why it's important in my own opinion to have him come into this side with humility and showing he will openly put the club before himself.

Digital, .halamadrid2., MerlinRM and 3 others repped this.
  9. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Do you think there Is a chance he Will be humbled by the simple fact he Is arriving here. Enough at least to get himself infected by the positive locker room atmosphere we hace now? (And not the other way around)

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't see it... he seems gone mentally

It would take significant work from Florentino, Carlo and especially team leaders. It would also take a lot of willingness from the player..

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Florentino was on the phone calling Raul and Iker "two of the worst things that happened to the club". Saying Iker was a fluke and never good enough to play for the club.

This is why it's important to kind of accept that all those kind gestures are still within the boundaries of an employee and employer and not much more.

hector_br, Akramzizou and temesgen repped this.
  12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I recall Flo being perceived as quite transactional; he values players' achievements but is quick to address any overstepping. This notion likely holds a lot of truth, given his success as a businessman.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, this is key. I don't know what is the smart way to integrate such a toxic personality in the squad (if he comes of course), but I hope the club and team can figure it out. I'm happy players like Carvajal, Rudi, Kroos and Courtois are in the squad. And I'm sure Jude, even if 20, won't accept lowering standards.

Interesting times ahead..

MerlinRM and RoadMan repped this.
  14. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I’m not really sure how this team could “curtail” the turtles persona. The club could barey do that with Vini.

He has to do it himself imo.

15. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Some great points being made.

Personally I'd like to think he comes here with his head down and ready to be apart of the team. Fact is, Halaand won a treble and broke records while Mbappe was doing sh*t all with PSG and for the first half of the 23/24 season Jude was the biggest name in football. He needs Madrid more than we need him. The football scene has changed since 2022 and he snubbed us.

But this is a guy who has been told he is the best thing since sliced bread since youth. And in a world where Messi, Neymar, and CR are not even in top flight football, he is the top name in football at the moment. Its hard to say what the dynamics will be.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is probably why after Carlo we should go with Zidane. At least there is a respect there so his "personality" can be managed.

Hopefully our culture by then will provide him with the drive he lost.

I don't expect him to be a good guy. I just need him to become obsessed with success and goals like Cristiano.

Shay Z, Digital, tefftlon and 1 other person repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ancelotti believes a loan is the best option for Guler: Endrick and Mbappe would make it hard for him.

Digital repped this.
  18. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Panic buy by Don Flo

19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Assuming Kylian comes, it's tough to imagine Guler ever having a bigger role than what Brahim currently has. Guler can return when Brahim gets disgruntled and seeks a move, if he can reach Brahim's level.

Digital and hector_br repped this.
  20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I care too.

I see people here calling it pettiness, I call it honor. No player should be allowed to toy with this club of all clubs, the way Mbappe did, and suffer no consequences whatsoever. Nobody is that good or needed. With Bellingham here, the need for Mbappe is greatly reduced. Everything else which is in his baggage (personality, financial cost) only makes the whole idea even less appealing.

Arda's issue were his injuries so he wasn't able to hit the ground running and come in the squad as soon as possible. His talent is off the charts, and with Modric gone he could still be an important part of the rotation.

21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Some people still believe we were the ones toying with PSG the whole time and this is a badass move by Florentino. Insanity.

Florentino was ready to pay 200M for a player in the last year of his contract. And he received a massive NO with a public humiliation session in the PSG stadium with the player's approval and smiles.

Hendrix22 and Galatico repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The spanish dailies report that Mbappe will give PSG a percentage of whatever signing bonus he'll receive from us. Incredible. First club to receive a transfer fee for a player in no way tied to them.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

They threatened his family

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. Keket

Keket Member

Dec 16, 2023
    Agreed. He needs playing time. Amazing talent. I have never seen anybody as much in short videos as Arda, people love him.

25. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    If Mbappe comes and drops 40 goals a season over the next 5-6 years and we win 2 UCL during that time...it would ALL be worth it....the drama ...everything.

I don't know what the fuss is. Real Madrid is about winning.... the rest very secondary.

Any player who comes and makes the club even bigger is always welcome.

A bit of pragmatism guys.... come on.

W8W8, RMadrid2222, Anon. and 2 others repped this.