How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Davies?

2. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Others will definitely know more than me because I don’t watch PSG, but I don’t really buy that he is played at CF just to piss him off.

He hasn’t only just started playing CF this season. I just had a look at the line up for the champions league final PSG lost to see where they played him for the most important game in their history. He played CF

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Davies, Musiala and others. I understand that they are young men that want to live their life, but the teams performance didn't really justify a reason to travel to Paris to party with Kanye West of all people at the fashion week.

Maybe I'm a bit too old school for that.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When did this happen?

5. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So if Bayern win then the players can go to a party and if they don’t win they can’t. Not sure they players will see it like that.

6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I see your point but there is context. When you play for clubs like Bayern and Madrid, you Gotto understand optics

the pass I’ll give them is that this seemed to be a scheduled event. They were going to go no matter what as it is an event they wanted to partake in

it would look bad if they just up and went partying after they’ve been playing like shit

But I don’t expect players to cancel their plans because the team has been losing

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This weekend.

russian hattie repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They did win, but it's a bad look. Ronaldo prioritized recovery over friends and family, much less a party or some bullshit. Dude was out the field and straight into the cryochamber like LeBron does.

Not everybody is going to live that life, but I consider it a bit unprofessional. There's levels to this.

Bear Crotch, Deep Pal and RoadMan repped this.
  9. Realist

Realist Member

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2019
    Mbappe had dinner in Macron's palace. It seems like a lot of people are involved in convincing him to stay and extend his contract with PSG. It would be hilarious if he rejects RM again.

10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Nobody. Rejects. Baws. Flo. Corleone.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I'm not a French taxpayer so I couldn't give a toss.

We have enough problems with the UK government

Anon. and The Biscuitman repped this.
  12. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Except reports say that wasn't the case and his career was not even on the agenda.

13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I'm sure they did not touch that subject at all.

4x4s repped this.
  14. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Oh look, a troll.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep, they just wanted to get clued in on his views on foreign policy and education.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, Halycon and 2 others repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doesn’t ring true to me either,

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not a big story but I thought I would share some reporting out of Canada.

You probably haven't heard of him but Dwayne de Rosario is a Canadian soccer legend. Top 3 in goals scored for the national team, top 5 in appearances. Here is what he had to say about the Davies rumors.

From the article: Four-time Canadian player of the year Dwayne De Rosario says a potential move to Real Madrid is even bigger than Davies himself. “The reason I say it’s bigger than him is because so many kids are now believing they, too, could play at the biggest clubs in the world. This is the first time we've had a player play at a massive club like Bayern Munich, and now, in my opinion he’s going to top that by going to Real Madrid. We're all happy - we're all rooting for him” said De Rosario.

Would Davies be the first Canadian ever to play for Real Madrid?

18. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    People are ready to trust anything they read as long as it serves as a warm emotional and intellectual blanket that doesn't challenge their beliefs. These people usually tell you to "get a grip" when you disagree with them, lol.

19. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Rumor has it that if he extends, they'll give him the noble peace prize!

Anon. repped this.
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Fairly sure the Paris Olympics which Mbappe is going to be the poster boy for will have had more detail.

21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    It probably went like this:

- You playin' the Olympics?
    - Yep.
    - Cool.

22. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Don't forget Emir wishing Mbappe good luck.

saadomar and hector_br repped this.
  23. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    It was more about the media rights. Qatar owns Bein Sports. I think they're asking him to do them a solid in terms of buying the rights. Without Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, etc... the bidding numbers were atrocious. Canal+ doesn't want them anymore.

24. lecannois

lecannois Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Jul 6, 2023
    Win a world cup. Get in the finals of another. Generate an enormous amount of tax revenue for the government because his image is selling everywhere in France. Create positive energy and an escape for people at a difficult time for France and Europe.

Wherever he goes to visit or play, there are crowds. The stadiums fill everywhere. He's actually surpassed Zidane in terms of being a draw. People like or dislike him... but they always want to see him. Zidan is more loved. Mbappe is the bigger star.

Not to mention he's stayed an extra 2 years at PSG because both Macron and Sarkozy made a plea to him at the last second.

It's one thing in the US when you had Michael Jordan but also Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, etc. In France, Mbappe is Michael Jordan but then there is... nobody as the next biggest star. All the other big french stars aren't in France.

In a way, Mbappe is leaving because it's becoming too much. Being pulled in every direction and has an enormous amount of pressure on him by just being in Paris. Easier to focus on football even at Real Madrid. The pressure at Real Madrid will feel like nothing compared to what he's experiencing in France. He just has to do what he does best... play football. No more politics, incessant fictional drama, etc. He's literally stopped talking and going out in public in France. You never hear or see him unless it's an event.

25. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019