How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bottom line though we got a generational player on a "free" transfer.

If you put this player on the market every team in the world does the math on how to finance it.

Can't have the club do the moral superiority thing when we signed multiple guys that played for our rivals before.

Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    What kind of justification is this. It's a massive over exaggeration of facts. Demigod? Please. I read almost every thread, maybe one or two posters have said the "Florentino owning so and so club" kind of statement and that too maybe once or twice.

Some fans express their admiration and affection for the most successful club president of modern times who has led us through all these recent successes while growing the club, you are out here telling people they are wrong because the Super league project didn't go as planned. What's more unreasonable?

Nobody is stopping anybody from expressing a counter opinion. But tell me which poster's demigod florentino comment is being countered in this post?

And there are many more examples which i am not bothered to dig up and share here.

Just to remind you, once again, that deliberately and repetitively posting something to get a reaction from others is the definition of trolling. You, like others, get a long leash on this board even when you've admitted (multiple times) that you make posts to get reactions on here so you can "enjoy" yourself.

Next time you want to express your counter opinion when someone says Florentino demigod please quote that post.

Zidane05, Halycon, Glide84 and 12 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not to start things, but If people would have to quote everything they throw around here i wouldn't have to hear for months how i'm a racist with zero proof to it.

This place certainly has a bit of a hivemind mentality to it like every fan space has.
    "What a great club president our Florentino Perez is", meanwhile his private messages to people in politics lobbying against him are public and not very kind or charming.

Florentino is Florentino. The Mbappe deal is something else entirely, i think everybody lost on that.

PSG could have actually made record breaking transfer fee money and get nothing.
    The player stagnated on crucial years of his career.
    We left wide open holes on the roster waiting for this and lost considerable time.

Deep Pal, meringues and hector_br repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I believe this is the reasonable way to see this. However what he is paid won't matter much if he comes in scoring many goals.

In the end as I said weeks ago it's up to Florentino and the club to spin this and do the PR to fix the image of what had become a sour situation. In the end I don't believe Mbappe will never be seen like Jude Bellingham and that will probably make his stay a shorter one.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I am not sure what you mean here but let me put it this way. There is nothing to start as far as i am concerned. I am addressing only one issue here. If the only reason for the Bawwsss posts is to counter the demigod posts i would like to see that quoted. I've seen a lot of bawwss posts but not nearly enough demigod posts. Hey maybe i missed them, would love to see that this is actually a counter opinion and not a clear attempt at trolling.

Yes there are lots of things on which this place seems to have a broadly similar stance, which is why counter points are always welcomed. Also there are many things which are broadly agreeable like for example, Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest players iin the history of this sport. To say, "yeah but he's super vain and selfish" so please don't praise him so much, what kind of point is that.

Again, i am specifically addressing this issue and nothing more. Not Mbappe. Not the super league. Not Florentino's failures or successes and what he says in phone conversations to politicians.

Your point seems to be "chill out with the florentino praise, don't you know he's not as great as you think". Thats it? Ok. Not some earth shattering news. Just there are more people who see Florentino as a great president than those who see him as a flawed man.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like how this post is liked by the guy that posts stuff like this all the time:

It's not that serious, but we both know which posts the shtick is supposed to be a satire of. The fact that one would have to quote said post whenever something is said though is noted, i will make sure to use this extensively by posting quotations to everything the next time.

I get a kick out of it because there's certainly a push to see everything from a pro club perspective with many people and i just find it unserious a this point.

hector_br repped this.
  7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Why am I being dragged into this?

Boss man is seen as a street slang in the UK for the boss of a “thing” - Florentino is the boss at Real Madrid.

Mine is nowhere near the trolling level from Hector.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neither your posts nor his hurt anybody. It's such a non topic i wonder why it gets so serious. We had Oscar accusing folks of wearing a fake beard here some years ago, and hector has been pretty cool compared to his past outburts, it really isn't that serious.

hector_br repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #10359 Shay Z, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    I definitely don't have the time to go 12 rounds with you but I think we both know that the posts in question aren't counter points but designed to get reactions. The poster has admitted it several times but i find it troubling that you choose to ignore that. The rules on trolling/baiting are pretty clear.

I would love to be proven wrong so if nothing else, just to indulge me, i am asking that gentleman/lady to quote the demigod posts next time which move him/her so much that he/she feels the need to counter with the bawwss posts in an effort to provide balance in this forum although i really don't think that is the poster's intention but lets give the benefit of the doubt.. Even tho a counter point can be made with less spit flying out of a poster's mouth but if it's actually in response to an over the top post, it's fine in my book.

RMadrid2222 repped this.
  10. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    You're ignoring how Hector explicitly admitted he posts OTT crap to get a reaction from people. Exactly like Shay said, that is literally the definition of trolling. I was going to call that out before Shay did, but I'm not a mod.

Anon. repped this.
  11. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Lol. Ill be the póster saying Flo is a demigod so the people can quote this.

Real Madrid always go after they Best available players. Always. We dont care about a bunch of butthurt fans carying a personal grudge against a certain player. We dont care if it takes 4 tries, if he Is available and top 2 worldwide, we going for him.

So yeah, actually Flo is a demigod of a president for convincing a player to not take the billionaire route, which he could and honestly should do, and instead join our now humble club and take like a potentially 1000% paycut.

and thank god we dont sign any of the crap players so many people wanted. Half the people who critsize Flo wanted dombele van der beek as generacional changes to Casemiro and Isco.

You can quote me on this as well. Buying an extra defender or two for a low costó or even a stupid loan would have had 0 impact in any trophy we could win this season. If we had mbappe right now with the team as is, id say we are clear faves for the CL.

hector_br repped this.
  12. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    Héctor Is a troll posing as some light hearted realístic fan

13. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And sign Oshimen… man you are weird

14. laundromat

laundromat Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I’ve been lurking this forum for a decade. Great toilet material.

Something that has always stuck out to me were the serial dissidents. Great discussions to be had when the dissidents themselves are engaging in good faith. e.g., Seoul Villain re: Vinicius, Digital re: Bale, etc, (shoutout to Hendrix22 who is the model dissident).

I don’t get the same feeling at all with hector. He’s just irritating. He really is probably just some bored guy pretending to be mentally ill.

The worst of it is that I put him on ignore on advice from a mod, but after having read this thread, it’s obvious that I can’t escape him. Run from it, dread it, hector is still trolling.

He won.

Serengeti_Boy and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #10365 4x4s, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    Please post quotation of me ignoring it.

You also understand that you don't HAVE to respond to him, do you? If an unfunny joke being repeated is our biggest worry here then i'd say this is a very well moderated space for where the internet is in 2024.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is the best forum out there

The mods deserve a ton of credit

hell, it’s so good we even get Barcelona posters here regularly and posters that hate our team but can’t find anywhere equally as engaging to post lol

dooda, Shay Z, RoadMan and 7 others repped this.
  17. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doesn't mean that we can't improve or call things as they are.

Shay Z and Anon. repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Meh

The mods here walk a fine line of maintaining order while keeping the place engaging. There is a reason there is so much movement in this forum vs the others on this same site or other sites.

Any disagreement I may have with any of the mods comes down to opinions just like it would any other poster, but I can’t genuinely sit here and complain about the job that they are doing as this is an excellent and engaging forum

Shay Z, RoadMan, temesgen and 2 others repped this.
  19. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Without any iota of doubt this is the best forum when it comes to Madrid, knowledgeable, insightful, funny, lot of chracters here and everything is dealt in a really good way, massive props to the mods :)

Shay Z, RoadMan and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...and on that note, to impersonate a mod for a mere moment, can we get back on topic please - transfers, rumours and lies...

Shay Z, Digital, natenate101 and 2 others repped this.
  21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    It's no coincidence players post snaps with Turtles and get the Emoji in aswell.

Kroos did it earlier in the season aswell

They know.

Anon. repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why is he called a turtle again?

Read something about Donatello but he doesn’t strike me as a Donatello type lol

24. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I remember reading something like that...like he looked like one the of Ninja Turtles so I assumed that's where it came from

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  25. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His head looks like a turtle apparently. His pals at psg used to joke around with him calling him Donatello.

Anon. repped this.