How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I feel the club will bow down to many of his desires despite Baws Flo's well-known badassery.

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It wasn't funny the first time, and it continues to be unfunny.

natenate101 repped this.
  3. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I like how I always keep getting a reaction from this unfunny shit. I'll keep doing it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don’t know if it’s that cool to crave attention so much that you even enjoy when people express their annoyance of your lame posts.

Glide84 and natenate101 repped this.
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also weird to poke at praise for arguably the best presidential term in club history. Must be hard to hate on Florentino when he goes from success to success. He must hate it that we’re probably getting the best player in the world on a free transfer after already having incredible yet responsible recruitment. When our salary limit is more than 3 times that of Barcelona (727 million vs 204 million) as a result of responsible and disciplined leadership, that’s the time to make fun of Florentino I guess.

Glide84, natenate101, Halycon and 2 others repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it's more so poking fun at those seeing this demigod omnipotent godfather figure in Florentino rather than Florentino himself.

For what it's worth Mbappé walked all over us and now that it seems like it's possible it's "Don Floren gets his man", while in truth it's more like we simped long enough to be deemed worthy, kinda?

meringues, boeder, petros93 and 2 others repped this.
  7. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    He loves testing people's thoughts( the shared popular notions) and patience, that's my take on him... sometimes he stretches it too much I guess just for the sake of it.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  8. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Messi pushed Barcelona to the brink of bankruptcy, when it comes to star players that's how it works unfortunately.

Shay Z, Anon., Raul-7 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, we let Ronaldo dance on our head for years as well. Football has become very player centered, much like every other team sport.

10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who is actually saying that though?

laundromat, Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And who exactly is behaving like this? The reaction seems to be to a myth, or to one or two who behave the same way as the reaction but in the opposite direction, …..meanwhile whilst Kylian was “walking all over us” we were winning trophies and acquiring the most important player in world football at the moment, so there’s that……. The club was just fine, even this season so far……

12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As far as I know he didn’t bankrupt us though, we won many trophies, in the end that’s the bottom line for a big club so maybe that’s a sign of “good management”, we compete to win and more often than not we win, Cristiano made money the club made money we won trophies what’s the problem

I suppose that’s one way of looking at it

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't care what Messi did to Barca because it has no impact on my end of things.

Ronaldo got the royal treatment the same way Mbappé will/would.

That's the only point of this discussion, not everything has to be a Messi/Ronaldo comparison.

If Joselu would be doing the stuff Ronaldo was we'd be shooting his kit out of the facilities in a cannon they shoot clowns out of at the circus.

Big stars have big privileges.

Deep Pal, petros93 and hector_br repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Look at the Superleague thread, there's actually people thinking this failure of a project is in some way 4D Chess.

hector_br repped this.
  15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The situation has seen Perez facing considerable humiliation at times, primarily with Mbappe's last-minute change of heart and more recently with his demands for an exorbitant signing bonus and excessively high wages, which many (myself included) view as a form of extortion. This pursuit of Mbappe has not only embarrassed Perez but also cast a shadow over the club, even when we haven't commented. Not signing a striker (first time no #9 at the club) and all the questions about being left at the altar again, Perez may be in a good moment but he's endured plenty of stress over this.

hector_br repped this.
  16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol fair enough but nah that is one thread to avoid

17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    The fun part is seeing people thinking I dislike Florentino, the club, our success, etc. The state of the world we live in..... the inability to laugh at the things we agree/side with.

In short, I'm making fun of people who envision Florentino as this badass businessman who, at the same time, is powerless against evil FIFA and UEFA conspiracies. So inconsistent, lol.

I love Florentino Perez, the president. I don't know how he is as a person. I love our club. I have said a few times that I have never been happier as a Madrid fan than I have been for the past decade. I love that Mbappe is joining us and that PSG will finally lose this fight.

And I love that the BAAAAAAAAAAWWWSSSSS thing was a huge success. Thank you very much.

RoadMan repped this.
  18. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Who is the one poking fun? Is the post deleted? I don't get it.

19. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He pulled the same BS in the Endrick thread, then back tracked when Endrick started to click and get his run of form going.

His posts are funny for multiple reasons.

Zidane05 and libertao repped this.
  20. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    It gets said by successful people so often that it's a truism: failure is unavoidable and essential to one's overall success.

No one believes the Galacticos era was a pure success, no one believes every signing Perez has made was a good one, no one believes the Super League proposal has gone according to plan, but overall, he has absolutely dominated every other club in the world when it comes to managing club finances. Starting from the club's financial state when he took over until now, while competing with oil-state-funded clubs, covid, etc., has been unreal. Every other club is jealous of what we he has managed to do. And the future is looking just as bright, if not brighter.

Zidane05, Glide84, laundromat and 7 others repped this.
  21. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Florintino learned from his first run at president, that it’s about building for the short and long term at the same time. The institution is bigger than him or anyone for that matter.

He’s had a few misses, but overall he’s been the envy of clubs and guided us through the last 15 years to be successful for at least 15 more assuming that whoever takes over doesn’t F it up. To say that’s an achievement is an understatement.

22. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I absolutely agree that Florentino learned from his mistakes.

I remember how desperate I felt watching the likes of Pablo Mejia and Raul Bravo play alongside the Galacticos.

The Kaka-CR-Alonso combo showed a sign of optimism, culminating in the very well balanced squad we have had for the last few years.

23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah getting Mbappe is anything but a coup or whatever description there is for "killing it on the market" at this point. For me it would have been a coup if we gave him the middle finger instead.

boeder repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t know I’m intrigued and genuinely curious, from whom/where?, this board?, (I tend not to believe every tweet or social media post I read) what makes you think Flo feels/felt humiliated or embarrassed, where does that perception come from, disappointed maybe at the time but humiliated and embarrassed might be a bit over the top, the club is in decent financial shape as far as I know from when he took it over, ( his main objective I’d imagine) he’s got some of the best players in the world to come here and play, especially now battling against state owned clubs, finishing a state of the art stadium, winning trophies, i think he’s in a decent space

Looks like he planned to get this player and he did, last year, the year before, this year, whenever, all along we weren’t some midtable team desperate for his signature to help us win, we still won and still had some of the best players coming to us ( including IMO arguably one of the best in the world right now), a complete revolution of the team not a focus on one guy, Flo has made mistakes for sure but I’m not sure about humiliation or embarrassment due to this particular saga, we’ve continued to compete well and even win plus accumulating a fantastic young core, but………. Who knows

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    It’s actually more of a coup to not let ego get in the way, and bring Mbappe in on lower wages than we offered before.

Flo could have been petty and shunned him, but the pragmatic sense there isn’t another player in the world who moves the needle more in all of football than him or. Haaland.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.