How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keket

Keket Member

Dec 16, 2023
    No thanks. We are building a team which can run. Kroos has been giving us trouples for many years since he cannot really play when we are defending with high line.

2. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023

Аint he an AM ?

Not a kroos replacement, I have not seen him play much to be honest so not sure if he can play CM/DM as kroos.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not that I am advocating for him but kroos started as an AM.

4. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can possibly fit in 2 CAMs in a 3-4-2-1 or more realistically a 4-2-2-2, however you’d have to drop one of the forwards, but with Vini, Endrick, Rodrygo and possibly Mbappe it will be tough. Wirtz is a baller though so if there’s any truth to that report, it might just be worth it.

5. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    His contract expires in 2027, that's not the kind of signing we make these days -- complete BS rumor (as are nearly all rumors suggesting Adidas/Nike are pressuring a club to sign someone).

temesgen repped this.
  6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exactly. Like it or not, Kylian is coming at a time where he need us. Not the other way around. We've shown time and again we can win without him. I can't help but feel Kylian also realizes this now and will come in willing to be a team player.

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't see Vinicius and Mbappe having trouble co-existing on the pitch. I think a natural alpha will emerge between them (i have a feeling who it's gonna be). I really think it'll be good for Vini's game to have some of the pressure taken off him. He will turn more provider than finisher which is his strong suit anyway. Maybe a little less spotlight for Vinicius is a good thing for his development.

meringues, Ssr9, Excape Goat and 5 others repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People said Hazard was a cool dude and he'd fit in and he ended up being a LOSER.

Winners fit in this team.

9. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Yeah, that was the problem with Hazard, his team fit...

10. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think "need" is too strong of a term. The dude quit now without any need to work for a single day for the rest of his life.
    Players at his level don't get to it by being humble, so there is no way some tension between Vinni, Jude and mbappe will not happen (I see Jude as a much bigger leader type than Vinnie to be honest). They will either sort it out or someone will leave.

I still don't believe he is coming, but if he does, I also anticipate players leaving either next year or the following year. That's life.

11. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    I mean, it's not gonna happen so I won't spend time thinking about it, but Wirtz does have that more creative aspect to him that I think is the one thing our current mids are kinda lacking. He can pick out switches as well; just watch his assist on the winning goal in the Stuttgart Pokal game. Big fan of his, and if we had Xabi then an added bonus with him being familiar with him, but that's one unlikely scenario paired with another unlikely scenario, so I'll just stop there...no reason to expect this one's gonna happen.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wirtz and Kroos have as much in common as Vinicius and Casemiro

Savior, Excape Goat and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    I don’t get the ‘missing creativity’ comments. Not the first time I’ve seen that sentiment either. Jude can create. Vini can create. Cama can create. Chance creation hasn’t been an issue imo. Wirtz is not needed and I don’t see the club bothering with him.

libertao repped this.
  14. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Wirtz has a contract until 2027. Ask me again in the summer of 2026. Another 2 years away.

15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Good point. Especially applicable to this season. In previous seasons we might have had lower numbers, i haven't looked at the data but i certainly feel like right now the team isn't lacking in creating good attacking actions.

Chance creation is also heavily dependent on coaching and tactics/scheme as well.

16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is AMAZING! I don't know who spent time making this but that is hilarious lol.

temesgen repped this.
  17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Dude the soooonnggg. The damn song really makes it for me. Tchouameni on the piano had me dying. :ROFLMAO:

Aensensen, sneakking, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  18. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If that video isn’t part of the first post of the welcome thread, you’ve got it wrong

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Tbh I was kinda surprised it wasn't Camavinga playing

20. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a reference to this:

Aensensen, Excape Goat, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Vini is a 20/20 goal/ assist type of player anyways. Mbappayed could be the 40 goals per season guy. They would just have to work on their movements since they both prefer to start their runs from the left flank.

The real challenge is if that would be optimal for the team.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Somebody will have to play considerably less next season, that's the truth.

23. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Barring any injuries, my money is on “Mr. Hot and cold” Rodrygo.

Anon. repped this.
  24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don’t need to over think it. Between Vini, Mbappe and Jude you have a great blend of all different strengths. Add Rodrygo to that either off the bench to replace any of them, or to play alongside the three of them at times too.

Anon. repped this.
  25. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    J-Mezzy repped this.