How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I think the deadline given by the club is a fair one.

If it’s hard to think about playing for the best manager in the world, for the best club in the world then we can move to plan B

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we had won nothing in all this time, playing mediocre football, and waiting for a savior then I could understand this sentiment, instead it’s been the opposite, Real Madrid will always chase the best players, nothing new there, it is what it is IMO

3. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Did he? I thought it was only 2022.

Oh stop with this gaslighting ignoring the loyalty fee issue. PSG demanding reimbursement of the 60 ME loyalty fee on top of a 100+ ME transfer fee for a player with one year remaining is not "pushing him out."

4. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What deadline? Surely you don't believe everything you read online. Flo will make a bid any moment now :D

hector_br repped this.
  5. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    PSG shat on him for a good 3 weeks early in the summer. He loved it, ate it with a spoon, compromised reportedly and stayed.

6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We’ll be giving him a contract to sign on 1st January. Nothing will be stopping from signing it at that point but I don’t think we’ll be waiting past January for an answer.

7. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Offer him less than Vini and Jude. See how real that RM dream is.

8. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He would have been fine. Gareth wasn't a fixture in the side consistently due to injury and we offloaded Cristiano the year after.

He never wanted to come here.

boeder repped this.
  9. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    He had no way to know CR7 would leave or that Bale would not be starting the majority of games. Mbappe was bursting onto the scene, he needed (and wanted) to play every match.

Excape Goat and AppleBob86 repped this.
  10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We had Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale. At the time, no 17/18 year old was coming in and taking one of them places, even Bales.

He was right to reject us at that time.

Excape Goat repped this.
  11. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While nobody knew that CR7 would leave, it was already common knowledge that Zidane was increasingly unable and unwilling to count on Bale towards the end of 16/17. This was an ideal climate to displace Bale.

But let's assume that isn't true.

Mbappe was 18, just made his debut for the French NT but he wanted to be an automatic starter over BBC?

There is always some "reason" with this guy to be an absolute tw@t: BBC, wants to be LW, pressure from Macron, blackmail from Tamim, patriotic pleads from Napoleon, money, the South Americans, No CFs, etc.

Quite plainly he never wanted to play for Real Madrid, apologetics will find a way to sugar coat that truth – I obviously don't mean you.

Halycon and Bear Crotch repped this.
  12. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who knows what’s really true, everyone is guessing at this point with Mbappe. Can understand the club take one last swing but have a clear deadline like some are indicating… it’s a take or leave it and we are moving on type of offer. Haaland seems like a pipe dream at the moment but no harm in having him connected to us, put some pressure Mbappe potentially.

13. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023
    While all this twitter talk is bogus, if there is even the slightest possibility of us getting Erling, I would go for him right away, over the drama queen that is mbappe and over any other CF out there.

While yes, the man has the technique of a table but god damn is he lethal and a presence.

I do not see it happening though.

Ahmadi8 and boeder repped this.
  14. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do you think this will be Perez's last attempt?

Moreover, if Kylian says hey I cannot sign a pre-contract before the summer because of potential pressures from PSG fans or the French FF (Olympics etc), do you think Perez will respect that like he did in 2021?

If he doesn't play for RM next season, you will always find fans and journalists who will justify allowing Mbappe to continue defining our transfer policy for another 3-4 years.

15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Character is your fate, why would any reasonable person put trust in Mbappe at this point? By character I am not talking about his decision to pursue PSG and money, both are rational, but his inability to communicate clearly his intent speaks volumes.

saadomar, Deep Pal, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  16. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If he makes his intentions clear he loses out on millions in inflated PSG wages/bonuses to keep him, interviews, headlines, attention etc.

Mbappe's actual season is between 1/1 and 2/1 and then from 6/28 to 9/1. He lives for this sh!t.

17. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Perez should say fine, seeyanever and pull out. Hell he should’ve done so back in 2022 yet here we are. Ain’t worth it at this point. He ain’t prime CR7 so I don’t know why the club is trying this damn hard.

Deep Pal and boeder repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Mbappe is the best attacking player in the game right now, but nothing he's done shows that he's reliable in long term plans.

I would sign him tomorrow morning but this will probably go down as one of the most wasted careers in the game the way it's going.

Good for him to cash in, but to me he's rapidly disappearing from the main discussion points of the game.

Plus there's always another guy. Messi and Ronaldo were absolute freaks. Mbappe and Haaland are approaching their athletic peak and neither of them is near to the extraterrestrial the little man and the hair gel supreme overlord were.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, saadomar and 5 others repped this.
  19. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Shay Z, Anon., Digital and 4 others repped this.
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are we seriously back with this Mbappe nonsense? Can we get any other meaningful transfer rumors? Like Alphonso Davies or a rightback?

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Davies was subbed at HT yesterday. Is he really worth it

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because he is malicious, operating with absolutely no good faith towards Real Madrid or Florentino Perez. Why would he? He is self-serving and that is his right. It is Florentino's fault for chasing him despite all the damage that Mbappe has done. I don't care if he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, why would anybody in their right minds keep going back to this guy after he left you at the altar, not once, not twice, but three effing times! Now it will be a fourth.

It's exhausting as someone who just wants his team to move on and find answers rather than fallback on its incessant mistakes.

Bear Crotch, J-Mezzy and boeder repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's up to the club and Florentino to judge though. They are the ones in direct contact to the player.

ImadEdd repped this.
  24. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    Yes.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His value goes up the less you watch him play.

libertao repped this.