How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think we're going to pursue him as hard as we have done in previous years.

The club's going to put their faith into Endrick I believe, with Joselu as a back-up.

2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    If Endrick manages to convert 1 or 2 more goals per chances given to him over Joselu, I'd take that as a massive upgrade.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should not put too many pressure on Endrick in his first season. If Mbappe is not coming, we need to find somebody other than Joselu to play ahead of Endrick.

Deep Pal and Ssr9 repped this.
  4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When I was watching Joselu miss chance after chance and Osimhen on the other side getting zero service I simply couldn't stop fantasizing about how it would be if the roles reversed. Honestly, put Osimhen in the center, Rodrygo/Vini on the left and Bellingham roaming around them, I'd bet my house on Osimhen bagging 30 goals per season.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What did you think about Rodrygo cutting up the left flank while the new Maradona wasn't pulling any trees out?

6. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Last year, we could have said the same thing from Joselu who scored 17 goals playing for relegated Espanyol who fed off of scraps.

Osimhen hasn’t proven that he’s an elite striker beyond one season.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Osimhen is intriguing, but those strikers are very expensive gambles.

Deep Pal, Ssr9 and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  8. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Osimhen can’t stop talking about the EPL. Wouldn’t hold my breath on him coming to Madrid, nor should we have any interest in the player at his rumoured price tag.

Deep Pal, Zidane05, Aensensen and 2 others repped this.
  9. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    He’s going to added to the pile of players who came with potential but ultimately flop due to the culture at clubs like Chelsea and Manure. But he’s gonna be super rich…

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kvara is amazing but it depends on the role. He is a better winger, and Rodrygo is clearly more of a scoring support forward.

You can say many things but they would be wrong. One of them is comparing Joselu to Osimhen. Even you wouldn't dare to go that far... or not lol.

Osimhen stated before that his favorite club is Madrid. But if there is no interest from Madrid, I'm sure he wouldn't mind the Premier which is the most popular competition for Nigerians.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Same could be said by you my friend. Supposing Osimhen would convert the chances that Joselu had missed was the same thinking that led us to Joselu signing here. I’d argue it’s more impressive that he bagged 17 goals with Espanyol than what Osimhen did last season with Napoli as he’s got talent around him.

I’m not a pro scout and neither are you. I watch and play football for quite some time and I call it like I see it. I’m not impressed with Osimhen as a player who’s being hyped up for sale at 125m plus.

Nathanial Essex and Halycon repped this.
  12. Vieri#9

Vieri#9 Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Oct 22, 2023
    He is scoring almost a goal a game internationally, to majority of people out there, he is an elite striker. If you swapped Joselu with Osihmen last game, Osihmen would've got a hat trick guaranteed.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Joselu is estimated to be worth 6 million euros by transfermarkt while Osimhem's asking price is 150 million euro. You are comparing a Toyota Supra with a Lamborghini. Of course, the Lambo outperformed the Toyota, but the Toyota is much more "bang for the buck".

Joselu is good enough to be a backup or a starter against the weaker teams for this season, but i would be upset if Osimhem is the starter next season with his 150 transfer fees.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then you either refuse to accept the reality of football economics today, or your estimation of Osimhen is simply way off, and you don't need to be a professional scout to say that. I can say Im not impressed with Mbappe as a player who is being hyped up for sale at 200+ million too, but thats just what his price tag is based on the market.

15. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Just because Manure and Chelsea are run by idiots and pay 125m plus for Oshimen still doesn’t change his football ability.

It’s the same rationale that people were paying 100k plus for a dodge challenger during the pandemic. Just because you spend the money doesn’t mean it’s a good buy.

For Mbappe, I’d argue that 200m is probably cheap, considering he’s probably the most well known and marketed footballer apart from Messi/Ronaldo right now.

16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interestingly they have both scored 6 goals so far. Who will score more this season, Joselu or Osimhen?

Digital repped this.
  17. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

18. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would be very surprised if Mbappe doesn't push his decision to be made until after the euros. I am frankly a bit annoyed we are still going after him, I just wish there were other viable alternatives for the striker position.

Ahmadi8, MerlinRM and Seoul Villan repped this.
  20. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    What we are going to do if Mbappe turns us down again? My thought is it’s going to be just Endrick

21. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    It might be also Kroos and Modric last season. I guess if both leaves, Nico Paz will promote to the 1st team. But, is it enough?

22. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would like it if we convinced one of Kroos-Modric to stick around for another season as rotation players. But if not, we would be a bit thin in midfield all of a sudden. Perhaps go after a player like Barella? To be honest it doesn't feel like there are that many breathtaking options available for midfield that would be on par even with a 38 year old Modric that is ok to be on the bench.

23. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It may depend on other signings. If Mbappe finally bothers to leave PSG, we could afford to push Bellingham back a bit and take on more of a normal midfield role. We would have Jude, Camavinga, Tchoumeni, Valverde for 3 - 4 starting spots depending on the formation. Then we will have Ceballos as a great rotational player. We need to see how Guler turns out, and possibly Nico for depth. I think that would actually be enough depth. If Mbappe doesn't come we need to convince Kroos to stay I think. Based on his performances this year so far I would love for him to stay either way.

PigBenis, Açores57, RoadMan and 4 others repped this.
  24. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Mbappe and Endrick come, maybe Bellingham becomes a proper CM too.

madridismo repped this.
  25. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023
    Phonzy huh ?

He's not the best on defense but I would take him in a heartbeat, watched a couple of his streams and whatnot, he's a chill guy.

As for Mbappe, I could care less at this point if he signs or not, a couple of years ago I was so excited just by the idea of him being in RM, the antics and BS over the years have soured me on him.

As for Kvara, he looks class from what I've seen of him which is very little.
    I think he also has that attitude to be a proper "professional" etc.