How Do You Replace a Legend? - The Transfers, Rumors & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Jun 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Miguel has potentially another level in him. I am waiting to see if he reaches it and solidifies his defensive game. No need to rush him. His situation at Girona is perfect for him to continue to evolve his game.

ahnaf, boeder, natenate101 and 4 others repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Reese James is a total pipe dream. He has a long contract with Chelsea who pay him well and he just got the captaincy too i think. It's just the press inventing stuff because Reese is friendly with Vinicius and shows respect on and off the field to other clubs and players. He's a good dude and a good player.

Frimpong is awesome. Specially going forward, his crossing is elite and he has pace. Unless some young prospect shows up he's the one i would target.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, Zidane05 and 4 others repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not to mention in terms of injury IMO he is Mendy level, injured far too often lately

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    James has the kind of vibe like Walker has where he flirted with Bayern and they admitted they were used to strengthen his bargaining position later on.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Draxler signed with Al Ahli. Man this Saudi money really helped out Qatar. Funny how it works sometimes.

Deep Pal, libertao, temesgen and 2 others repped this.
  6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's worse than you think actually. There are two Al-Alhi's, one in Saudi and one in Qatar. Draxler is going to the one in Qatar.

The Qatari league did 3 of their top 4 most expensive transfers in league history: Julian Draxler, Marco Verratti, and Abdou Diallo. Purely a coincidence that they were all PSG players. Nothing shady about that.

Hsain85, madridismo, Ssr9 and 12 others repped this.
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #7407 Shay Z, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    Wait what. This is not the Al Ahli in KSA. Lmao

This is even better. Lmfao. Just......... i have no words. They can just do anything they want.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  8. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Seems such an obvious thing to do in hindsight after they sold out all their luxury boxes and maxed out the legal limit on overpaying for shirt and stadium sponsorships by Qatar entities.

Deep Pal, temesgen and Shay Z repped this.
  9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    They could buy more shirts and hand them out to charities around the world along with soccer balls and make shift fields....

Sorry are we talking about FIFA or some other corrupt endeavor?

Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Draxler is a violent exercise in waste of talent. Made himself rich beyond measure, but I had hopes for him.

Digital repped this.
  11. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Key 315 days ahead.

Lyra, Deep Pal, Serengeti_Boy and 6 others repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guy gets made fun of by opponents at this point. Even the players in France are in or the joke.

15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    So at this point, Mbappe is paying for the transfer himself by giving up his bonuses and leaving for free (PSG still getting money / not losing it) in return

16. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    He will make sure to ask for that money from us. He won't forgive a penny.

Deep Pal, Serengeti_Boy and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    For sure, I mean that we won't be giving PSG a penny for anything and instead give that back to Mbappe.

Deep Pal, hector_br and Anon. repped this.
  18. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what the total package for his loyalty bonuses are supposed to be, but I'd expect it to be ca. 150m Euros, which is essentially what PSG will save IF he decided not to renew and move on a free.

19. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Alvarez had taken trials with us when he was 11 years old, could not be taken in cause the club policy doesn't allow players below 13 to join the club.

We may have better chances with him than Halland / Mbappe.

Lyra, Digital, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Alvarez is amazing. His skill set is so broad, not in a Benzema kinda way but still pretty versatile when it comes to playing off a striker or being the main threat, he can play on the left. His finishing is so good but his movement is also wonderful along with his technique. I am so jealous that City of all clubs signed him and he will only be a backup to Haaland until the Norwegian decides to leave. If he hadn't been at an oil club and an oil club which has former culeros in high positions i would bang the drum about us buying him every day on here. But he's not attainable in the near future.

Having said that, new names are already emerging all around us and specifically in the attacking positions. I don't think the options will be as limited in the next 2-3 years as they have been in the recent past.

I was thinking about it yesterday, we have to find a way to cash in on Kubo. He will fetch an insane price if he keeps going the way he has started the season. I don't think he has a future here but who knows, maybe Xabi wants him and we sell one of our players, we have to remember Guler can play on the left side too so if the club really wants Kubo back there's things that can be done.

Lyra, Deep Pal and Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    How much taller is Alvarez from Endrick?

22. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's kind of disappointing how are scouting is too focused on Brazil it seems. Argentina has a really interesting generation coming through, but we don't seem to be showing any interest. Julian and Chelsea's Enzo both looked like obvious cracks before moving to Europe, yet we haven't shown any interest and they went to City and Benfica with little competition and for much cheaper than our Brazilian talents. Valentin Barco from Boca Juniors also looks like a top talent and seems like City will sign him with no competition again.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and Raul-7 repped this.
  23. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I see nothing special about this Argentinian generation, just like I'm not impressed by the last Brazilian wonderkids.

I hope they'll vote for Milei tho.

24. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Agreed; we focus too much on Brazil when Argentina has a lot to offer.

25. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Nah they're pretty good.