How do you celebrate your goals?

Discussion in 'Player' started by aidil, Nov 28, 2005.

1. aidil

aidil New Member

May 15, 2005
    hey,i was just wondering how u guys would celebrate after scoring.
    for me,personally,it would be the short and simple one handed salute a la alan shearer and denis law. :cool:

2. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    i made a thread on this while back, search for it

3. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Snort the end line

4. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember that. When was that, like two years ago in the EPL? I remember it brought out several apologies.

5. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    More like 6/7 years ago ;) It cost him a fortune in fines apparantly LOL

6. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Depends. Sometimes I get really excited when it's an awesome goal (like that volley that I put right into the corner...) and punch the air and everything, but usually I just go up to my mates and a few high fives all around.

7. crhs_fusballer

crhs_fusballer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Vancouver,WA
    I get one of my mates to shine my shoes with a cloth on the bench. Really pisses the ref off.

8. aidil

aidil New Member

May 15, 2005
    haha,cool2.by the way,anyone ever got a card for an overzealous celebration?i almost got one for running around the whole perimeter of the field after this incredible goal. :D

9. Madison midfielder38

Sep 29, 2005
    Ohio
    Do what ever Chad Johnson does when he scores a touchdown.
    I was thinking of actin like i pulled my pants down and mooned the opposition crowd like Randy Moss did when he was on the Vikings.

10. joto 3

joto 3 New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    evansville, IN

same here... if its amazing... ill go off

otherwise i like to just get the ball and take it back to half
    pisses them off

11. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I like to use the corner flag.

1.) I'll take it out of the ground, and have a teammate 'throw a pitch' to me, and I'll swing the flag like a bat, and watch it go.

2.) I'll get the ball out of the net, take the corner flag, and putt the ball.

in high school during summer league(7 v 7), the person who scored would go slide on his bottom, and each teammate would go behind each other to form a line sitting on the ground. and we'd row ourselves up the field. we saw some jamaican team or something do it in a tournament.

sometimes I'll just do some cartwheels, really bad cartwheels. or if I'm daring, a front flip.

I've gotten 6 yellow cards for excessive celebrations in 10 years of soccer :cool:

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's nothing better than the arrogant-Cantona look after you score a brilliant goal. :D

13. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    The most over the top celebration I ever did was when I pretty much dribbled through the opposition b/c the parents/fans were pissing me off b/c they kept critisizing my play, so I dribbled from midfield and finished one into the back of the net, then picked up the ball, and ran down the other team's sideline showing it to the parents. Suprisingly the ref just warned me, no yellow or anything. But usually I just get a couple of high fives, then line back up to get another...

14. zeusxor

zeusxor New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Lahore, Pakistan
    like rooney does ..hands up horizontally...

otherwise its jus high fives all around...

and when its an amazing volley or an audacious goal or a solo goal.errr..i dont remember what i do then... :eek:

15. zz.db.5

zz.db.5 New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    the mountains
    Yeah usually I just do high-fives and stuff with teammates too. There have been two occasions where I have scored goals from way out, one in play from near half and the other on a free kick. Both of those times I didn't even smile (even though I was psyched!!) and I just popped my collar and walked back to half. :D
    And I have gotten a few yellows for celebrations, the best of which was when this guy was trash talking the whole game and I got in his face when I scored and was screaming stuff like "what now, b*tch!!" and worse. We won 1-0.

I will keep the end line snorting in mind for next spring's season...

16. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a team that did this at the High School level. The person who scored yelled "Let's do the african rowboat". Unfortunately the reference wasn't taken well by some of the players on the opposing team. No official complaint, but a mentioning by the other coach after the game that a girl on his team was offended by the comment.

I'm not lecturing against anyone on this because I do my share of celebrating (some of which can be obnoxious), but I just wanted to share the experience.

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I'd only let you do those celebrations if your goals were spectacular. Otherwise i'd shake my head get the ball dazzle your team and score! Hahaha!

appleCORR

18. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I play left back now(fingers crossed on moving back to mid/striker), so I think any goal I score is spectacular. but I'd never dare to do any such celebrations during hs or college seasons- I'd probably have to run suicides all day for such things. my club coach is only 5 years or so older than I, so he never cared.

oh and, you and your nike sponorship would have to get past me first :p hahaha. :rolleyes:

19. Xantium

Xantium New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    there was this one kid on an american team playing a mexican team here. he scored a good goal, picked up the ball puched the goalie (lightly) on the shoulder, and said "welcome to the USA." the ref then blew his wistle, called back the goal and gave the kid a red card. then the kid had to wait in the parking lot for 3 hours while the police came and picked him up for assult.

i usually just get high fives.

20. Rooney#8

Rooney#8 New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    MANCHESTER!
    When I score on grass i slide on my knees or do one of the following:

1. Punch the air

2. Whip the top off

3. Le Arrogance (Henry)

4. Let me hear you. Then shut them up with finger to mouth.

5. Or the best thing to p**s them off. LOL

21. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    These are both true stories, happened during the same game...Spring of my senior year in high school I played on a team with a bunch of my friends, half serious but really just having fun. First my friend scored, he ran to about 10-15 yards away from our bench where someone threw him a beer, he opened it and did a semi stone cold beer pound. I scored the 2nd goal (against my old youth goalie who I am still good friends with) so I took off my jersey revealing my old youth jersey on underneath. I then took that jersey off threw it at the keep and walked off the field. Guess who got a yellow card between the 2 celebrations.

22. zeusxor

zeusxor New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Lahore, Pakistan
    LOL :D

23. Madison midfielder38

Sep 29, 2005
    Ohio
    lol thats really funny. He got arrested for assult for doing a light punch!
    Thats weird

24. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    police coming to a game is awesome.

in nj, there's a bunch of tournaments at ft. dix(army base). tons of fields. of course, my team gets in a fight at a college showcase. 5 or 6 police cars, a paddy wagon, firetruck, and some military guys came.

25. indybar

indybar New Member

Dec 3, 2005
    I've found some interesting ways to celebrate from this thread. Maybe I'll try them :D