How do You Celebrate OWN Goals?

Discussion in 'Player' started by JacopeX, Feb 14, 2007.

1. JacopeX

JacopeX Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  2. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    you know, really, that shouldn't have been an own goal. play should have been stopped as soon as the defender got back to the ball. it's obvious that the keeper stopped the ball outside his area.

3. ryan lfc

ryan lfc New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    canada
    so your actually a soccer hooligan from usa?

4. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    no, not really. i'm a pretty level-headed guy. it's just an ironic username for the type of person i am.

5. rippingood

rippingood Member

Feb 13, 2004
    LosAngeles
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears the referee played advantage...

6. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  7. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know games are competitive but I always laughed at own goals especially if they were unfortunate. You have to take an optimistic approach to them and not beat yourself up. I remember I headed an own goal on a corner trying to clear it out. It was a great header on the wrong goal, I was mad but I had to get over and laught at myself. It was a goal like neville's against Liverpool in last year's derby.

8. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Own goals are great... it's like added humor into a game.... our goalkeeper once scored on himself attempting a completely un-pressured pass across the 18 box... he miskicked and shot it STRAIGHT into the goal from inside his own 18. Fortunately he's a great keeper beside that, and we won the game regardless :D

9. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Usually by punching the goalkeeper on the nose, and questioning why his reactions were not quick enough, or why he didn't realise that my mis-kick was going in that direction ! :D

10. JacopeX

JacopeX Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Own goal are pretty funny at times. But if it were an important match, it would be too crucial to be funny. :D

11. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    the advantage would have been gone as soon as the defender got it. no one was around for 15 yards. he even slowed down and looked behind him before he kicked it into the net.

12. soccerboy9

soccerboy9 New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    haha gotta love the matterazi own goal! a guy i played against last year in college scored one just like that... that was the only goal we scored...

13. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Play to the whistle.

14. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    it should count just to teach the defender a lesson for being so stupid :D

15. wb wilson iv

wb wilson iv New Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    i've only scored one own goal in my career. it came in a jv soccer game and i was playing left back. I had never played it before and was only a left footed player at the time. so after some miscommunication between mids a forward was on a fast break. i was closing in and he knocked the ball too far ahead of him. i attempted to clear the ball out of bounds because he was right on my shoulder. Ofcourse i used my left foot and unleashed a bending shot that went upper V into my own goal. Our goal didnt even attempt to save it. we won 2-1 tho