How do I make KSE hear my voice?????

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by black&blue boy, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Reading this thread (and countless others) only shows the levels of passion that this stinky team elicits among us. I would really love to be involved in a face to face with other fans and management but I live in Miami and the distance is a little rough. For me I would love it if games were broadcasted. It just isn't the same following the team online. Since the distance all but precludes me being involved in any face to face actions I will try to find email or physical addresses to express my thoughts. I hope all of you in Denver can do more.

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcus (MMyrick@PepsiCenter.com) says he is listening and passing things onto those above him. Or go straight to the man, Charlie Wright (his address is in another thread).

3. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Marcus is a good person ... he listens to mine and meanderingjeep's (mark and jeff) bitching all the time :)

He seems knowledgable as well.

It's just be nice to know Marcus, that what season ticket holders are communicating to you ... are being communicated upwards. That means someone other than a sales rep needs to open communication. Greenie is correct there.

The only thing I've seen so far is frisbee dogs :)

4. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Our goals for next season. Road flares and toilet paper!

5. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    I hate to hate to point this out, but ReAl Salt Lake, a team which has not yet even played a game, has already demonstrated more involvement with fans by their front office than the Rapids in the last 9 years. They already have an active supporters' group and this is being encouraged by both the owner and GM. The only way the Colorado situation will be fixed is by having a GM of governor or whatever they call him who is willing to interact with people on a one-to-one level.

6. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO

And just who did Salt Lake's GM learn from?

Things need to change. For the sole purpose of seeing better futbol.

7. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    If we can't even stand on the seats (when there's just rows of empty seats behind you), I'm pretty sure road flares won't go over real well.

8. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    As i have said since the begingi of the thread, I am willing to represent as well.
    I think it speaks volumes that the meeting thing has been tried before. I think that in itself shows that there is still passion for this club. Now, with saying that, why can't those people come forward on the 14th, along with the new people that are proposing this, ALONG with the supporters section? Why can't this meet and greet be used as the stepping stone?
    I feel that if we try and our voices fall on def ears then at least we tried.
    To start at this little movement at the meet and greet, we could all say, or stand during half time, and let them know that we would like a meeting and this is the total amount of season tiket holders that are not willing/are on the fence about not renewing their season tickets because of the lack of success of the team. Remember, this isn't JUST about the coach. We are all p!ssed about a few different things.
    I know this all sounds to simple to be effective, but think about it. Half time comes around, we have mingled with our sales reps, we can even tell our sales reps what we want, and when the end of the first half is blown we all make our way to the front of the room, by the projector screen, block the buffet from counce, block the exits from Hanki, somewhere.
    It would get attention. And right now attention is the most important thing right now.

And about the alcohol, it was a joke. Not a funny one apparently, but a joke none the less.

And if the supporters section could get better seats, I would be all for sitting in that section, but right now I like the middle of the field, and the people I sit next to, and the fact that now, section 104 is comfortable enough to yell during a game, and yell what WE want, not what some soccer mom expects to hear. I would be more then happy to help, aid and support the supporters section any way I can, but right now, I choose to go back to my prefered seats and yell my a$$ off from there. At least I know Hanki can hear me, and I like it.

edit: AND HE!! YEAH FLARES!!! Or Cauldrens of blue and grey smoke in four points of the stadium. AND BRING THE BLOODY CANNON BACK!

9. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have minutes from meetings directly with Counce (and others) in the late 90s. There was little success and follow through. So poor that I stopped caring about the post/pre season meetings with the RFO in 2000/2001.

I'm looking for a reason to get back involved. I'd go to a meeting (if invited/wanted), but I would likely just listen and provide help/answers to past experience. There's no way I'd return with the cheerleaders in front of a supporters section, however. Everything else is negotiable...

10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zar, you should talk to Marcus if you haven't already. He is proactivly trying to find someone to work with in the fan area. I know you have a history with the MLS supporters council, or whatever it is called. You've invested a lot into this already and should be at the front of the list.

11. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    FC Gonorrhea will be holding a Town Meeting

WHO:
    # FC Dallas Head Coach: Colin Clarke
    # President/General Manager: Greg Elliott
    # Hunt Sports Group: Lamar Hunt
    # Hunt Sports Group: John Wagner
    # TBD: FC Dallas players

DISCUSSION TOPICS:
    # 2004 season recap
    # MLS news
    # 2005 team news
    # Stadium update and news
    # Fan open mic (you tell us what's on your mind)

http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/MLS/new...ent_id=18363&vkey=news_dab&fext=.jsp&team=dab

Never thought I'd be jealous of Dallas. Ownership, management, coaching staff and all players present in a forum that will discuss the state of the team and allow fans to present their opinions. Boy, sounds like something Chicago would do.

Meanwhile, some of you think we Rapids fans should be excited that a sales rep is motivated to listen to our views...

12. The Grass Man

The Grass Man New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    On a soccer field
    Why don't you go and ask Manchester United to listen to your thoughts??
    Well, ManU might be a little too crazy, but try Bayern Leverkussen (GER) or Pumas (MEX), or Gimnasia (ARG.).

you guys think that just because you are "fans" of a team and/or a season ticket holders you will run the organization??? Are you on drugs?? (and if you are please let me know where you get them???)

Clubs all over the world listen to their supporter's section, and yes, they also listen to their season ticket holders (as they see them as shareholders of the clubs), but you guys need to get organized and try to contact someone over there as a group....Clubs don’t go to the CHAT rooms to get information (unless you are Chicago)

sorry to say this, but you (and me) are just a bunch of winning fans in an electronic forum and as such they will treat us. That is the type of respect that we will continue to get (and should get!)

You guys have to put a face to your voice and then show up at the front door of the FO.

I will try to make my own calls over there and just knock on some doors to try to convince them to do something along the lines of what Dallas did!

Greenie, you seem to have some connections over there. Could you at least make an attempt to set something up?
    :confused:

13. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure you'll get in the front door. The crazy security worker down there is on top of her game. I can't remember her name, Lisa, Laura, Lindsey, something like that. She may have seen too many Dead shows, but she won't let anyone up the elevator without an appointment.

I think this coming up season ticket holder party is an attempt by the RFO to open their arms to the season ticket holders. I don't think it is the best atempt, I think a lot better can be made, but it is an atempt. Take it for what it is worth. However, if no one goes and talks to Marcus, no one above him is going to open their office door.

14. jdonnici

jdonnici Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Westminster, CO
    I haven't seen anyone here suggest that they want to run the organization -- only that their expectations aren't being met by an organization with which they're spending both money and time.

I assume you mean "whining". In any case, if all you are is a fan in electronic forum, then you're right -- you won't get much attention (if any).

If, on the other hand, you're a proactive consumer who's willing to voice your opinion with the FO, do it in a reasonable way, and have your issues heard, then that's another matter. Going to the FO as a group? Why?

As Greenie (I think it was) pointed out in another thread, (paraphrasing) vote with your dollars. The FO is doing what they do in the off-season -- defining sales strategies and getting plan holders lined up for 2005. Now's the time to make it clear what you want from the team. If you don't get what you want, then spend your money (and time) elsewhere.

We spend a good deal of money with this team each year, so that's my approach -- simple as it is. I've made it clear I want entertaining soccer and a team (from players to coaches to the governor) that's "in it to win it".

No marches, no calls to my congressperson, no making an ass of myself while getting drunk and telling Counce off in the middle of a planholder shindig (plenty of other ways to make an ass of myself :p ).

15. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We started a group in '97. Once we had a decent core of fans (end of 1998) we had face-to-face meetings. We lost respect w/Counce when our supporters club split in two (over internal personnel conflicts). Both supporters sections disbanded (for different reasons) and the Rapids began promoting a Guatemalan fan section (that many supporters migrated to -- Welton et al). Things haven't been going very well for them lately (a match boycot at the end of the season) due to their desire to stand on plastic chairs (maybe other reasons). Who knows where things stand now.

There is a history of clubs trying to speak as a union with the Rapids Front Office. Not much success...

Finally, instead of volunteering Greenie (who is a part of the history I just described), it might be better if you volunteer yourself. What really needs to happen is some loud mouthed egomaniac (like I was) with strong fan ties form a unified section and then go before the RFO. No matter who steps up this offseason, the question will be asked "who do you lead and how many?" Kind of a lame duck issue. Without an established following, you won't have any credibility with a GM.

16. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind running the organization. :)

17. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO once a loud mouth ego maniac, always a loud mouth ego maniac. So what is holding you back, Zar?

18. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Might I suggest, rather than the time-consuming and probably-doomed-to-failure effort to merge support clubs into one, a federation or alliance of separate support clubs. That way, you needn't agree on internal issues like stadium location or how to cheer, only on a few core principles as to how the faithful as a whole should relate to the team?

19. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What makes you think I would have any credibility? Nobody is following me for the past 2 years.

If you're asking why I don't lead chants again (and reform a group), I failed at that once already (the group split apart). Welton has asked me several times about helping lead chants with them but I can't bring myself to be anywhere near the official Rapids cheerleaders. And as I said earlier, I refuse to get involved until the section moves or the official Rapids cheerleaders stop planting themselves in front of sections 127/128/129. I also know how painful the brain damage is fighting yellow jackets with no support from the Rapids in a Broncos run stadium.

20. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Before we get too huffy and puffy don't you think we should find out who is going to be at this season ticket holder party. I'm sure Marcus will be there, but do any of you honestly think Hanki or Counce will be there. If they are like other professional sports most coaches and GM's have some types of meetings at All Star and Championship games. Anybody have Marcus' phone number and I'll call and see if he knows what is going on?

21. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    For me it's simple. Until there is a coaching change, I will not renew my pair of season tickets. If there is, I will not only renew my pair of tickets but I will also purchase a third.

22. seadonkey

seadonkey Member

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas
    now that is funny!

23. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about a third season ticket, but this is also what I'm basing my renwal on - coaching change.

RM and I plan on going to the MLS Cup viewing party/bitch session/meet-the-players/season ticket holders picnic thingy. My hope is that the Guv will try a little bit of what Dallas is doing. Anyone else going?

24. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did you guys make it work in DC? Sounds like the way it's done in Chicago as well.

25. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marcus: (303) 405-1100