How did you become a FC Bayern Munich Supporter?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Catfish, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :shrug: I'd only consider two of these players world class, and one of them had an off year.

2. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    My definition of world class is a bit broader, but Schweinsteiger, while a very good and promising player, doesn't fit into it either. Otherwise, Joe Cole would too.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweinsteiger played 38 games for Bayern this season....and I don't know if its your bias of these players talking or not but you can't deny Bayern's world class midfield. Each of these players has proved themselfs to be world class on the highest of levels.

If Robben and Cole are both fit for Chelsea, both can't always neccessarily start together, if ones left on the bench it doesnt mean he is not world class.

Same with Makalele if you guys sign Essien. The depth of a team is why players can't always start games even though they are indeed world class players.

4. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    It's all a bit meaningless unless you come up with a sensible definition of world class, like DF did... does anyone know how the Kicker defines world class? I think they were among the firsts to use it, but of course they are very strict (Just checked, according to them not even Ballack is World Class - hah!).

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    ]

Now..that is strict!!! :eek:

oops..the class I am teaching is about to start...be back in a couple hours.

*DF puts on teacher cap :)

6. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    It did refer to last winter though, can't see them not calling him world class now.

Enjoy the teaching!

7. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I was never a big Munich fan but i did cheer for them when Ali Daei, the Iranian striker joined them. Then when Hashemian joined i followed them but i didnt like how they hardly ever used Hashemian. Hopefully when Karimi joins Bayern Munich next month in July, He will become a superstar in the team.

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man, if someone thinks Ballack isn't world class, then NO ONE is world class!

9. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Cole played more for Chelsea and wasn't an automatic starter half the year. So?

Really? Where has Schweinsteiger proven it? While he was spending time in Javier Zanetti's pocket yesterday? Or Demichelis, who can't get a game for Argentina? Frings certainly isn't world class. ZeRo and Ballack are the only two world class midfielders you have, and you'd better hope ZeRo doesn't pull a Larry White on you.

Well, Cole's not world class, so that's a moot point. And please do not talk about teams you know nothing about, like Chelsea. Cole and Robben do not play the same position.

Once again, please do not speak of things you know nothing about. Essien is not Makelele's replacement. If you don't understand our formation, please don't talk about it.

10. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Are you Ballack's brother or something? He's a good player, but for fcuk's sake, let it go.

11. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    I was just going to ask if you were SirManchester's brother, you really seem to enjoy arguing with him... I wonder if there's a single post by him you haven't replied to.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Look harder arthur. ;)

13. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirManchester
    Man, if someone thinks Ballack isn't world class, then NO ONE is world class!

I gave up that battle long ago!! :) That's just what the man believes. No one is going to change his mind.

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats what it seems like right? Like he is purposely following me around the threads just to respond to my posts...go figure.

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where has he proven it? How bout him ripping Chelsea apart in the CL leg??
    Once again, did you watch him against Tunisia and Australia? I know you'll say it was just those two teams but Riquelme had a good game against them also and no one takes that away from him. Leave your biases behind man.

16. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yes, you need your own nice_vs_sirmanc thread, you two turtle doves you. :)

17. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

talk about pot calling the kettle black! :eek:

18. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    also looks like footyfan has found a nice obsessive obnoxious american to slam bayern and germany with in tandem! :)

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Arthur is right. Its best to leave you on ignore. Ripping apart Tunisia and Australia a meaningless tournament proves you're world class? Well then, I guess that makes Aloisi the next coming of Pele. I'm not the one who's biased.

20. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I knew you'd say that, so what about the CL tie? You're not going to deny Schweinsteiger ripped up the flanks. If there is one place for YOU to recognize someone, it must be against your very own club.

And, meaningless or not, what do you think Schweinsteiger or any of the other young german players will do? NOT play their best? You're nuts, they have to prove themselfs to Klinsman and to the world, especially after last years performance in the Euros. It would be easy to sit back and not care, but you really think players like Podolski, Schweinsteiger are doing that?

21. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    I worked in Darmstadt in the late 90s for a couple of years. So, I started watching Bundesliga games. Bayern were good back then, as they are now, so I watched them a lot.

After I returned, I continued to watch the Bundesliga on Fox Sports World. Bayern was usually one of the teams shown each weekend, so they became my favorite, since I knew who the players were better. I've never been to one of their matches, unfortunately, but I still watch them when they are on.

The people I worked with were Kaiserlautern fans, so I liked them, too, but they weren't on TV much back in the states.

22. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

please listen to arthur then...
    :(

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What? I actually LIKE Germany, thank you very much.....

24. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Nicephoras, how many world class players do you think were playing in the 2001 CL-winning Bayern side? That side achieved something historic in beating the two previous CL winners home and away in knock-out games (Manchester and Real), to my knowledge, no other European Cup winning side has achieved this before or since.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Think about it? How many times will a team actually get that opportunity??

That being said, that 2001 Bayern team was destined to win. It was their time.

Most who have seen me post know I don't like Bayern. However, that team was just destined for greatness. I can't remember the last time a man led a team better than Stefan Effenberg led that team.