How did you become a FC Bayern Munich Supporter?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Catfish, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I knew you would appreciate that sentiment! :)

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    :)

Oh, yeah...I am something like a Star Wars fan. Surely not like the ones that wear their Stormtrooper uniforms to the cinema or the guy in Seattle who camped several months in front of a cinema but at all I watched the movies several times and am interested in the background of the saga. When I was still in school me and my friends even had a Star Wars roleplaying game going. Of course offline (as the word "online" wasn't even created ;-) but real fun! [size=-1][/size]

jonam, back then known as Lui Wingman (profession: Rebellion X-Wing pilot) *rotfl*

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Cheers mate.

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Lui?? :D That's hilarious!

I don't begrudge the X wing fighter fantasy. They were pretty bad a$$
    Me??? Jedi...like my father before me. :p

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Get out of here, you zebra lover! :D

6. ViscaBarca

ViscaBarca Member

Mar 26, 2004
    London
    well, i have to say in england at least bayern are rated very highly. obviously you don't hear that much about them here as such, but when they play english opposition the respect in the media is very high. also, ballack and schweinsteiger are usually called by english match commentators what they are: "world class"

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really? Surely, the Chelski supporters don't feel this way.

8. Bayern1963

Bayern1963 New Member

May 23, 2005
    Baltimore
    I am a born "Bayer" and we grew up cherring for FC Bayern Muenchen. I was born in Regensburg which is only about a 1 hour drive from Muenchen and there is no better team. I now live in Maryland but I get home every other year. I keep up with the Bundesliga by getting a german written paper delivered to my house very week that show me the standings and keeps me informed of the soccer politics in all of germany. (Amerika Woche)
    I am going home next year to attend the World Cup and will be seeing many Bayern players play for my National Team and winning our 4th one!!!

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry, but the Tie-Fighters, especially Darth Vaders' are so sweet!

10. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Our RPG had no option to play a dark side character so we " had to" play Luke&Co.. ;-)

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    MODERATORS:

Please sticky this thread!

There really needs to be 2 MORE Mods in the Germany/Bundesliga forum. And 1 more for each individual club forum.

12. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

How does one become a mod??

13. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    No idea. I have said already three times that you should be one, but there's about as much reaction to this as to people asking for sticky threads... maybe we should PM one of the mods.

BTW good luck with your knee op! I am just back from hospital after my ACL reconstruction... glad I'm back at home, I hate hospitals! So.. 9 more months, and back into some action hopefully...

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Thanks arthur.. for the wishes. I hate hospitals as well.... they always have a feeling of death about them.

The woman taking good care of you at the moment?? Crutches? Bed rest? What type of rehab exercises??
    9 months? I think I can call Klinsmann and call in a favor to get you back in the squad before the WC. Take your medicine, and no Italian football for you.. To be on the safe side....no Dutch footie as well.

We had a good game, or at least a good half against the German youth the other day. Second half was dreadful.... :mad:
    But hey...the Enschede volk have been very kind and supportive of our boys, which is nice. Off to the next round, which I think we play the Italians.

Anyway, hope you are doing well. Cheers!

15. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yes, not too bad. I can already walk with brace and crutches (amazingly could already walk one day after the op) and am busy doing all sorts of exercises right now. Mostly sitting on the floor contracting hamstring or quadriceps.. boring but necessary I guess. At least I get spoiled with good food at home... I recommend complaining repeatedly about hospital food.

I heard you were better than us, fair enough. Sounds like the Germany U-20 isn't very good, whereas yours is... let's see how the following matches go. We'll have to play China who won their group very convincingly. Hmm. Like I said, Germans seem to mature later, like a good wine. :)

Anyway good luck with your op!

16. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    LOL, since you asked. :rolleyes: You don't remember our semi-serious comments about "scouting" Ballack when we played Bayern. All of us feel Ballack is a phenomenal player (even if he did take a bad dive against us). And there are many other excellent Bayern players, like Makaay and ZeRo.
    The reason we don't think Schweinsteiger, for example, is the dog's gonads, is that he wasn't even a fulltime starter for Bayern last season. He's a promising player, but world class? No.

17. Gringocholo

Gringocholo New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Dublin
    Claudio and Paolo of course,although Claudio does fcuk all for his country.

18. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think within the next year Schweinsteiger will be a household name (as much as "Schweinsteiger" can be).

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Yep..I hated those boring exercises as well. You need an American fitness coach like Klinsmann has introduced to the German NT. Some guy standing over you like a marine counting out the repetitions. :p
    Nothing beats a good partner in the recovery. My wife was brilliant. Glad to see your "wife" is spoiling you.

and yes..let's hope the German NT gets better. Actually they have a nice counterattack....and just remember...Podolski is at the Confeds Cup. He could be playing in Holland.

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ARTHUR D,

May you have a complete healing of body and spirit!

Get better soon.

21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Well, we'll certainly get a chance to see him in the CL, and then in the WC if he starts for Germany. But he's not world class yet if he can't hold down a permanent starting place on his own club. I think that's a rule, or something.

22. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well..If anybody had a breakout year..it was Schweiny. Uli has already said he has a space locked down for next season. Another thing, is that Bayern had a big squad w/ plenty of good midfielders.
    I consider "world class" pretty much being one of the top three players in a position. I would not say he is that, but he is definitley upper echelon

23. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, it's kinda hard to be one of the best players in the world unless you're one of the best players in your club. Then again...if your club has some of the best players in the world already, then that of course means

::head explodes::

24. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He virtually started almost every game last season...you obviously don't watch Bayern in the Bundesliga.

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern's midfield just has so much depth its hard to start every game.

As a matter of fact, Ballack is the ONLY player that is guaranteed a starting spot at Bayern. Brazzo, Frings, Ze, Schweinie, Deisler, Hargreaves, Scholl and Demichelles constantly rotated. What a midfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!