How did Beasley win MVP?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by okcomputer, Jul 24, 2005.

1. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    He had like 2 easy goals he shot right at the goalie. I think his play for the Nats ever since he went to Holland has been sub par. Nobody else stood out on the USA so the easy choice was Keller. He won the penalty kick round and had a couple of outstanding saves in the run of play. Thats baffling how Beasley won that award.

2. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did not ..he won top scorer...MVP went to Panama player ..

3. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    True,lol. I dont think any one in the front really stuck out in the US for MVP. Keller on the other hand was damn good.

4. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Ok. That makes sense now. I just got back from the game. What number from Panama won MVP?

5. LittleMaradona

Feb 25, 2001
    Was he the guy with the enourmous dome?

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was Tejada.... don't know number

and since we are into awards:

Three Americans selected for all-tournament team
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3824932

7. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Tejada played great throughout the whole tourney, hes a complete player who looks dangerous every time he touched the ball. I wouldn't be suprised if he caught the eye of a couple of MLS teams.

8. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    fixed your post :p Though some of those guys on the Panamanian team would sure be worthy of a tryout with MLS teams.

9. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    sub-par? he was apart of nearly every US goal in group play. is he supposed to score all of them, instead of assist a few?

10. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay so Tejada won MVP, Beasley won top scorer, what did the Panama goalkeeper win?

And I agree, if anyone should have won MVP, it should have been Keller.

11. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    To me he doesnt look like the same player. He looks very fatigued and doesnt seem to have the speed he used to have to blow by players. He looks the way many Euros look after playing tons of games all season. He probably just needs some rest.

12. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Panama GK won best keeper award....obviously Keller is the better GK and outplayed his counterpart in the final but the Panama GK played much better than expected throughout the tournament so he probably gets the sympathy vote

13. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never been convinced that he's anything but fast and this tournament hasn't changed my mind. His crossing has always been poor, his passing is adequate and I think he's not much of a shooter either. That leaves fast and
    his work ethic which is excellent.

Some players seem to not be able to do no wrong in Arena's eyes and Beasley is in that group.

14. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I think he gets a bit of a break from the Euro snob crowd on bigsoccer just because he plays for PSV. I've always felt he does some things well but also has many holes in his game. As you said, this tournament just solidified those feelings even more.