How come education does not make you smart?

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by Perndog2006, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    there are stupid people in the world with doctorates PHD's MBA's

why are they still stupid?

2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Let me tell you something folks; you can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take. There's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever." - Ron White

3. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Because intelligence is situational. An English PhD could be the smartest person in the room if the discussion was about Shakespeare. Conversely, that same English PhD could be the dumbest person in that same room if the discussion turned to math or auto mechanics etc. Beyond that, knowledge, just like statistics in sports, can be manipulated to support whatever belief a person may want to have. Personal, political and religious biases often come into play, resulting in intelligent people making stupid statements.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Intelligence and education are not the same thing. You can educate a monkey all you want, that won't make it smart.

5. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did carlos do to you now?:D

6. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question is, are they smarter than they would have been without the degree? Before I got my PhD in Anthropology, I would regularly eat soap and piss in the clothes hamper. Since the degree, I always use the toilet to piss in. And the soap? Armpits, baby. Always the armpits.

Education makes you smart-er.

7. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rofl

8. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Sig-worthy. :D

For those who don't know, yeah... there's a bit of history here. Last week I think I said that I wish that he would die in the deserts of Arizona, a slow painful death in the scorching sun. You know, classic World Rivalries smack.

I don't say that to other Mexican posters, b/c I don't wish that upon them.

Just the Neanderthals. You know... thinning the herd. It's ... like... natural or something.

I constantly get on Perndog for his utter stupidity. I feel it's my duty as an educator of Hispanics that he get called out for perpetuating the stereotype of Hispanics being stupid.

I mean... if you protest about mistreatment of immigrants -- a cause I deeply believe in -- and the stereotypes they have to overcome, shouldn't you yourself at least try to show that it's a stereotype?

Instead, Perndog seems to relish in his stupidity. If only his teachers knew just how miserably they failed. If I were his teacher, I think I would just quit the profession.

How come education failed you Perndog?

9. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tengo un costal de oro, no tienes unos espejitos que me puedas canjear? :rolleyes:

No pongo en tela de duda tu profesion, mas si, la intencion. Se te hace demasiado facil jactarte de algo, que en mi opinion, requiere de mucha humildad.

Cada quien su estilo..

10. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Oh come on, Steve. If you knew of half the shit that Perndog has done you'd see why I give him a hard time. His blind support of guys that have been banned for posting pix of ppl jumping out of the WTC on 9/11 as some sort of "Wull, they're 'Merikan, and Americans mistreat Mexicans, so there."

I throw every stereotype in Pern's face b/c I know that it bugs him. Plus, he has spent a good portion of the last 3 years harassing me endlessly.

If Perndog's going to bring WR to the Education forum by insulting the education process, he deserves any crap that he gets.

11. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

maybe they had Connections??

12. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't have a PhD. I have a BSEE and a MSEE. I'll tell you what though....I can't make a potato salad to save my life:mad:. The last time I tried, I over-cooked the first batch (mashed potatoes anyone?) and under-cooked the second batch. To save you all the embarrassment of doing this yourself, mixing the two batches together doesn't work.:D:D

13. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol

this was never about u karla, but lol, nice of you to throw yourself into the mix

as you acknowledge that repeating stereotypes with malicious intent towards me because of "our" history

let me make something clear

:D

there is no us

its only me here

stereotypes dont bug me at all, its the malicious intent behind them

and that wasn't world rivalries smack, it was in a rep message were u left it.

its cool

I know there's many despicable people in this world and u are just one of them.

I didn't mean to bring this crap into this forum so I apologize to the people that frequent here. so ill leave it that, maybe karla will stop stalking me someday but I don't foresee that happening

ill see you in your rep page pendejo :D

P.S. for the ones who are curious how low has karla has gone to "get back at me" well check this out

[​IMG]

14. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was two years ago, and I have heard of those losers on the Mexicant boards who go around neg repping people so I really don't blame him.

You are a loser, and this thread is way off topic. One thing is for sure: all the education in the world will not make Perndog any smarter

15. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    dream on

Hm.

And I wonder what that stems from... Your incessant harassment of me in neg rep over a 3 year period.

Let's be abundantly clear. I do NOT go after you in rep, I only reciprocate your harassment. (Although there was a period of about 2 weeks when you were off the boards/out of town/unfortunately not dying in the desert when I slammed you several times; good times!).

But your little rep war is entirely driven by WR. In fact, once you got informed that Mexicans negging me in WR get turned to positive rep you miraculously stopped negging me there.

Why... b/c you won't ever leave me alone?

I've told you for 3 years: leave me alone and I disappear. You stop stalking me like you do, and I'm gone. That's always been the case and forever will be the case.

Try it. Just try it.

When you've left me alone for 3, 4 weeks... what's happened? You haven't heard from me. Hmmmm.

I thought you were going to leave YOUR world rivalries shenanigans out of this. :rolleyes:

So let's be clear: you have zero ability to assess intelligence b/c you're dumb as a rock and you come here and insult teachers and their life work. Thanks for sharing. Now scoot and leave. Adults are talking here. You can't hang.

16. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol u full of yourself

my last post on this thread, mods close this, as now the stalker in karla has been exposed and now I know I cant post anywere else were karla cant find me.

btw thats kinda creepy that you keep track of how often I neg rep u.

I bet you print screen the neg reps and file them away in the "but we gotta be organized" folder.

17. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And to prove your point you neg rep me yet again.

Just try and quit me, pern, and see what happens. Stalker.

18. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    How often have you posted in this forum? How many threads have you started? Have much advice have you given?

YOU came to one of MY favorite fora, and you say I'm stalking YOU????

Try posting in this forum for a bit b4 you make that assessment.

Let's see. You rarely post in MLS News; you NEVER have the guts to post more than a phrase or 2 in US Mens; you never post in LA Galaxy forum; you never post here. These are the fora that I frequent aside from WR.

All of the sudden you post an insulting thread, you get pounced on and now you're crying that I'm picking on you?

No. It's just really easy to keep track of the few negs I get from a small handful of ppl. And when it happens week after week, month after month, year after year... it doesn't take a PhD to notice a pattern.

No. YOU do that. It's encouraged on the Mexico boards.

19. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Do you always do such extensive research b4 posting?

Pern: you know nothing about this forum as evidenced by this clip, and you have the nerve to say that I'm stalking you.