How are you still a mod? SidSpaceman featuring Various Styles

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by ImaPuppy, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    #1 ImaPuppy, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Note: I was originally going to make this a private message, but this is the kind of thing that people should see because I know there are more people who feel the same way and it wouldn't get resolved with this guy if I were to PM him. Original message here:

I love how as a mods of this site you guys resort to personal attacks, mocking users who you've given out yellow cards to, blatant prejudice ("klan=repugs=spazzos"), and homophobia (calling your own posters f*ggots). You guys were somehow granted power despite not being able to handle situations like a moderator should and it tarnishes the image of the site and turns off potential posters/lurkers from wanting to register and be ridiculed, thus losing ad revenue which helps to sustain this site existing in the first place. Maybe DK and Huss are ok with how you guys act, but I doubt it. When a poster gets out of line, why resort to attacking them back? Isn't it your job as mods to squash that and not stoop to the same level, using your moderating powers when necessary to hand our legitimate cards? Why are you even engaging these posters in an argumentative way? Maybe I'm mistaken but it gets brushed under the rug and its pretty embarrassing for your fanbase and for the good posters at BSMX (Rafael Hernandez, In My Defense, DGreat etc. etc.) who have something worthwhile to say and are clearly miles ahead of you when it comes to critical thinking and taking the right actions dealing with posters.

I've gotten out of line tons of times, admittedly, and probably should have gotten a yellow for personal attacks lately in the USA-Mex rivalry threads. But then, I'm not a representative of this site and this company. Do you think this is something a mod should be saying?

How about this?

This?

I don't think it is. There are likely more examples of this but I've wasted enough time posting this in the first place and I think you guys get the idea. Maybe these two should take a different approach with applying their moderating skills.

2. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Dear Sir, in the Mex forum the word "J'otos" whilst of negative connotation is used as a term of endearment among the regulars. You can see this word regularly used in the BSMX free for all forum. This has become part of the culture of the board between it's members most of us who know each other outside of the forum. Now, this word is not used as homophobia or have we ever attacked anyone for their sexual preference.

El Mariachi, Serg33 and ImaPuppy repped this.
  3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The dude is just pissed cause I have exposed him as a hater.

BobanFan and El Mariachi repped this.
  4. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Believe me, I understand this is a culturally accepted thing, and while I don't personally care since it doesn't affect/insult me personally, do you really think there's no one reading that who could be a homosexual that takes offense to it? I'm sure there is and while I generally like your posts (not that it matters), this strikes me as something that would, again, turn off potential posters and create a potential loss in ad revenue because of that. If this isn't an issue for anyone else and if its something that is just different as far as rules of conduct go on the BSMX vs. USMNT boards, then hey, I guess I'm just concerned about something stupid for no reason.

Anyway, I appreciate your response, thanks.

Look at you, still managing to deflect your obvious issues. Good for you, Sid. Way to be a big man.

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why don't you post that awesomely classy post that Potowmack posted?

El Mariachi repped this.
  6. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    #6 ImaPuppy, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    What is this, some sort of, "Well, he started it!" argument on your part? I already addressed that post in the thread it was posted and I'm sure he'll get a yellow minimum, though I think it deserves a banning. Regardless, individual (non-mod) posters are easy to deal with and I already reported that post (as I'm sure others have), but when it comes to a mod getting out of line, like YOU, there has to be a different course of action apparently since you can't even account for yourself. Instead, you deflect from the issue and ask me to post Potowmack's post like that's relevant to this discussion?

Here's a hint: As a mod, when someone gets out of line, you give them a yellow/red/warning and respond to them how you should as a rep of this site. You don't engage them like some immature child. Deal with it how you should and be done with it.

Mario Balotelli repped this.
  7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Whatever you say Puppy.

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    This forum really isn't meant for mods to be snarky towards posters - please stay out if you can't discuss here civilly.

VS and I discussed that post and we both agreed it was not appropriate and in the heat of the moment and not going to happen again. VS - can you please clean that post up?

9. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    yeah, Fat Albert and the rest of the Cosby Kids like to sit there take your post to their own forum and if you come in to say anything give you a quick yellow and then post their 'no class' comments.

F@CK him. He should be kicked off the site.

10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To my understanding that thread was a free for all and away to contain all th WR like post in the concacaf forum. To me that thread is not really for serious discussion. It is a banter thread.

11. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    But is is a thread where you'll allow regular posters who are known to troll our boards to take shots at the mods?

12. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I don't think I said anything like that.

13. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the real question that needs to be answered is why haven't I been reinstalled as a moderator.

14. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You are much too abrasive to be a mod in the US fora.

in BSMX on the other hand.... :whistling:

sidspaceman repped this.
  15. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    At least we know what we get with you. And you have no friends to say 'good one' after every one of your posts.

16. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Listen buddy, if you're implying that I have friends around here point me to them.

This is something I never thought possible on Bigsoquer... friends!

sidspaceman repped this.
  17. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No matter. My wife looks hot in her BigSoccer t-Shirt

18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I certainly wouldn't put up with the anti-hispanic/mexico racism that infects the place every time we play someone or have a ref from between Colombia & the Rio Grande. But I wouldn't put up with any nads/spazzo shit from BSMX either. Nor the whining about indios/mestizos not liking soccer or being to fat to play soccer, from a few weeks ago.

sitruc and Serg33 repped this.
  19. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's it. I'm sending you over an application.

Submit it to stevomighjustfiveahoot@bigsoccer.com

20. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to agree with @ImaPuppy here, sidspaceman makes all sorts of offensive posts and ridiculous, racist claims and it's not just restricted to World Rivalries. He tries to bait posters into the Mexico forum so he can give them yellow cards if they defend themselves. The guy has no business being a mod on this website.

don Lamb and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, to be fair to him, he didn't bait me, I dialed up the Troll Bomb and detonated it right in the middle of their pity party.

cleansheetbsc and ImaPuppy repped this.
  22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So a guy who the very first thing he does on Saturday when he logs in is to post this.

Should be deciding who should moderate the Mexico forum. I get that you and imapuppy and the others are pissed that you are not allowed to troll as much as you would like. Please don't act like you have the forums best interest at heart.

23. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    ahhhh, all the good-looking ones are always attracted to the douche bags.

24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially the redheads. If she ever gets lasik, I'm ********ed

25. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, laughing about a result in a WR thread. I'm curious how that's comparable to a you, a mod, posting that the entire US fanbase is garbage, a cesspool, telling US fans to burn crosses and making KKK references, and calling other posters "piece of shit" and "bitches". The fact that you think that there's any similarity between the two is hilarious.

You talking about trolling is laughable. Your automatic response when you have when you try to defend yourself is to point figures at others. Accept responsibility and stop acting like a petulant child.