Post-match: Houston vs LA Galaxy, Sunday 10/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Oct 18, 2009.

1. KRAZYKAT

KRAZYKAT Member

Jul 12, 2008
    South Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agreed...it bad for Davis to keep yelling at Landin..to be fair..there were a few time Davis should have anticipated the follow-up ball ..he did not ..and he start yelling.. Luckily Landin does not speak English well yet..he would probably yell back - well kiss my Latin ass too... :D
    DOM - you need to get your boy Davis to cool and chill..:mad:
    I agreed with Dom on the field condition..it bad and that is why we need our Stadium !!!

2. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More excuses once again......same ole story..pitch was hard, yadda yadda.
    F it! I still love my DG's.

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this picture from the game (I'm sure Minh won't mind, so long as I don't embarrass him and post his name. At least I won't post the pictures I took of him trying to get pictures of Beckham. :rolleyes:)

[​IMG]

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DonJuego, you're my hero. You can speak for me anytime. :cool:

5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I don't agree with this post 100%, I do agree with about 90% of it. Is Kinnear perfect? No, but he's done a hell of a lot more right than wrong. What other MLS coach would you rather have? Sigi? Because he finally won a cup with Columbus...one in 4 years? The Bruce? Because he's turned around LA...completely ignoring the mediocre coach he was in NY? I'll roll the dice with Kinnear and win more than I lose, I guarantee you that.

As far as blowing up the team goes, that's ridiculous. Now the Dynamo might be forced into that to a degree if Holden goes and I have no doubts that there will be some serious shakeups in the off-season, but the core players of this team (Ching, Boswell, Cameron, hopefully Holden, etc) will be here next season. I'm frustrated by the fact that things aren't clicking completely but let's face it, we're still one of the most competitive teams in MLS and over the last 4 seasons, we've been THE most competitive team in MLS. We aren't going to win MLS Cups every season guys and if that makes you think we need to blow up the team and/or get rid of coaches, you are insane.

And as unlikely as it seems now, this shit ain't over yet. We all know the Dynamo can click and play like the undisputed best team in MLS. Now, I'd have liked to see them play like that in the weeks leading up to the playoffs but really, all they need to do is have it click come Halloween weekend and sustain it for a month. Am I confident that it will happen? Not entirely but I'm probably no less confident than LA, Seattle, Chivas, Chicago, etc fans are.

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i'll run through that brick wall with you. it's time:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47bpOCTcaY"]"what the fk happen to the Dynamo fans i used to know. where's the spirit? where's the guts?"[/ame]

7. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this post reminded me of the all star game...

davis goes a FULL 90 without subbing or slowing down, and the entire game he was kissing fredy dumbergs ass... running up to him and giving him a hand every time he went to the ground.... you guys know what im talking about!!!

i think davis is going to look for another team... unlike dero, i dont think it will go smoothly...

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it will happen at all - how many natural left-footed players are there in the league with Davis' skill set? Yeah, his fitness seems like it could be better for the full 90 but lately he's gone the distance more than usual.

Oh, and by the way, he has 5 goals and 10 assists (3rd in league).

9. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice positive vibes might just be what everyone needs to soothe their nerves. So props for that and then we're going to LA, LA again and then Seattle yeeeeeeaaahhhhhh or however that went. :D

"A few bounces and bad breaks away from the SS"? Don J, I respect you and your support for this team home and away is undeniable. But if you honestly think that is the truth then you apparently have not been watching what C-Bus has been doing with reserves starting matches and getting points, CUSA with 3/4 of the team on IR since almost opening day, LA since about the middle of June with Rookies and Geriatrics in the back and even the expansion Sounders that can't win at home are getting points on the road. Meanwhile our Starters have been fumbling any of the small opportunities to close the gap on C-Bus and have allowed the rest of the West to catch up and potentially pass us on the last match day due to a rash of not keeping their head in the game and putting the team in a hole before the next match even starts. This has nothing to do with whining or moaning and groaning, this is a problem that has been like this for several months, not just the last two games or so. Who knows what the real problem is outside of the obvious lack of options and availability up top, the largely ineffective play from the Midfield with even less options and the plethora of Defenders on the bench trying to keep John Spencer from another Red Card. Is it pressure or nerves? Lack of discipline? The supposed non-conformists in the locker room were shipped out yet the rash of brainfarts steadily continues. A guy that gets Zero Red Cards in his MLS career now gets one in each of his last two games? Maybe it is bad breaks or bounces but it surely looks like a problem or trend from this end. Everyone keeps waiting on that spark, that one thing to jump start this team again and get rolling. Only problem is that we are now almost out of time, if they don't capture that spark by this weekend it's game over, thanks for coming and we will see you in the preseason in 2010.

10. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I am not a Bruce fan, but you have to give the guy more than a year to fix that motley organization. Jesus would have a hard time getting that team to win.

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I concur. However, you left out how the Monterrey victory was the turning point in our season and how it was the most important 90 minutes we played all year.

You saved me the rest of the typing. Thanks.

12. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah well, nice of the league to go ahead and let us play a couple of playoff games regardless of this wkend's result, even though we'll certainly lose as a #3 or #4 seed, right?

13. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lets ask the 2008 Houston Dynamo.

14. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well -- you know I've been watching.

If CLB does not get that weak stoppage time penalty in CLB and Stu buries his sitter on the 6' Sunday the Dynamo would be one win away from the SS. I consider both events (Ricketts saving Stu and the penalty call) to be underdogs -- that is unlikely events. Yet, unlikely things happen ... sometimes in bunches.

Such is the thin line between a top of the table championship team and a team going nowhere. At least in eyes other than my own .....

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your points are fair. I read somewhere that the Dynamo have only taken 7 of a possible 21 league points since the win over Chicago at home. It doesn't take much of a swing in results (like you pointed out) or a lucky break and we have 50 points vs. 45 and are playing for the SS this weekend.

But the trajectory of the results is eerily similar to last season. We had a pretty mediocre run at the end of the 2008 campaign with both the league and CCL results and this feels similar.

Our scoring is down as well. Total goals are going to be well below 06-08 levels for regular season (I think 06 had 32 games however).

As I said earlier in this post, you only need to be hot for 4 games to win or have one bad half to be knocked out.

16. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    my biggest fear is that we are not hot going into the playoffs, of course a win Sunday could change that. But then again, if memory serves me correct, we had ties and/or a loss our final regular season matches in those Cup years. But we had a general upwards swing in 05 and 06 towards the end of the season, which we are definitely not in the middle of this years.

Then again there are arguments like NY last year, where you go ass backwards into the playoffs in a shamble, get a couple lucky bounces, some good goal keeping and the next thing you know you are in the Cup-so keep yer heads up...I don't even think the Dynamo know what team will show up from match to match.

Strap in and get ready for the ride, who knows where it'll go.

17. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The point was that the spark should happen before we start the playoff games so that the team has the bounce in it's step that has been missing. At least that is what we keep getting told or is it not? While not inconceivable that a first game of the Playoff's could also provide that, it is a bit dangerous to hope for that based on the "sparks" that have failed to ignite anything so far.

Sure, and if C-Bus plays GBS, Moreno and the rest of their starters in all their games instead of players like Steven Lenhart and Jason Garey and so on it may not even be close. The few times we really had had a chance to close the gap or catch them we have not used by turning in lackluster performances in Frisco and Colorado (before the Reds) and dropping points to the likes of New England and Kansas City at home. The difference there is that for the most parts Warzycha can rest players based on his choice and what the opponents are doing or not doing and we are forced to "rest" players because they cannot stay eligible to take the field due to their own actions.

And that is the positive, anyone that makes the Playoff's has a shot to win it, including the Dynamo. The only problem with waiting on a lucky break without making your own luck is that you may wind up waiting on that break for quite some time. And who knows, maybe it's Dom's Masterplan to fool the League into thinking the team is about to self destruct with silly mistakes only to show up in the post season and teach everyone a lesson.

It ain't over 'til it's over!

18. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am afraid we have lost the magical team chemistry we used to see in the field. Yeah, maybe it is time to rebuild from scratch.:(

The team that came from San Jose is a thing of the past. Time to move on.

19. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** it....I'm going all in. Yeah, I know this team hasn't played spectacularly recently and you'd like to see that before the playoffs start but part of the reason why people (fans, players and coaches alike) are all frustrated is because we know they still can play like the best team in MLS that they are. ******** the start from scratch bullshit. I'm not going to go into the playoffs with half assed support. Houston Dynamo, 2009 MLS Cup Champions and then we'll see who is talking about shipping out all of our players and coaches.

20. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rebuild??? wtf ?? rebuild?? rebuild??:eek:

tally-age?
    hainault- age? boswell- age?? chabala- age??
    cameron- age?? holden-(hoping he stays till after wc) age??
    weaver- age? landin- age??

still need work but hold promise- ashe- age?? cruz- age??

??-im too lazy to go check all their ages but im sure hainault, cameron, holden, landin are all under 24...

we just need ashe and cruz to step up for the future, maybe a young speedy CB who has skills, a speedy frontman who can get it in the net... and we look good!!!

SO....................... REBUILD????????:confused:

btw- fifa10 is so f-in cool.. i got it last night at mid and i havnt slept.. looks like ill take my personal day today....

21. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I don't know about rebuilding, but if you have some old favorites-best to savor their possible last home playoff match. Take nothing for granted, b/c you just don't know what will happen in the off season.

22. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i have a pretty good idea of the people that have to leave... but will dom give em all the adios after all they have been thru.... or will it be just business, no hard feelings...

23. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is this from the smoke machine?

[​IMG]

24. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know but it was orange so I doubt it. Unless they put orange Gatorade in the smoke machine. :p

25. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Used the Houston Dynamo Website for birthdays...
    Player: Age
    Danny Cruz: 19
    Tyler Deric: 21
    Corey Ashe: 23
    Andrew Hainault: 23
    Geoff Cameron: 24
    Tally Hall: 24
    Stuart Holden: 24
    Luis Angel Landin: 24
    Dominic Oduro: 24
    Erik Ustruck: 24
    Mike Chabala: 25