Post-match: Houston vs LA Galaxy, Sunday 10/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Oct 18, 2009.

1. My Blood Runs Orange

May 13, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They dont have any room to speak. Both Ching and Landin sucked yesterday. I think Davis did well, but not the top form Davis that we know.

2. My Blood Runs Orange

May 13, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched Sports Centers Top 10 Plays and Geoff Cameron's save was number 3. AWESOME!

3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone really surprised that we were held today on our own field nil-nil? Really???

Our offense has been so predictable for two seasons now and we have slowly shipped off crafty strikers for others that are, at this current point in time, not scoring enough.

Add to this the Eddie injury back in early Spring that forced "G-off Camerun" (as the Telefutura announcers say it) to play at Centerback instead of forcing Dom to get Cameron on the field in some form higher up in our attack. Cameron has done well in the role he has been asked, however I really thing we miss Geoff the most in our attack. He has a swagger to him that we need in the final 3rd.
    Mulrooney's injury has also dented our form as it means Hainault is on the right and not on the left, Chabala is actually IMHO what kind of player we need on the left half rather than left back to let Brad rest here and there as Chabala delivers quality passes UP and INTO the 18. Brad's mouth can also sit on the bench for all I care if he wants to act a fool like that. That certainly is not the Dynamo way of football.

The team that we see now is a culmination of crap link up as the guys advance to the final 3rd. Crap service from the flanks and injuries compounded with constant Reds have left any chance of continued fluid team unity out in the rain.
    Thus, our forwards barely see the ball, our mids gripe at our forwards and someone works hard to make their claim for a Red Card.

We have a wonderful group of footballers in Houston, however they are not playing wonderful football and they know it. It appears that everyone is looking at each other to sort it out but, and this is just me, with no De Ro or Mad Eddie type action leaders on the field this '09 team that we have would get prison raped by our '07 Cup winning team. The '07 Dynamo would exploit a team’s weaknesses with ease and have fun doing it...this is not present anymore.

Yeah...knock that shit off you Yanks!

Fuc[ the Queen Nigel---Sincerely, Southern Rebs

5. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davis was not getting on Landin regarding hustling or lack thereof.

It was because Landin was slow to see and make a pass thus leaving Davis offsides ... something Landin did twice. (please don't admonish something about Davis should have stayed onside -- it is all about timing between two players and we have all blamed corey Ashe for slow passes that leave players offsides).

Having said that -- I think communication amongst a team has to be kept generally positive. It is important not to "show up" your teammates.

6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ABSOLUTELY!

For some reason, the beautiful game does not react to well with teammates bitching at each other.

It's a buzz kill.

7. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    \\

useless donkeys boys

8. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    So after reading the comments I wonder if Dynamo fans would like to see this team broken up and go into rebuilding.

People are very frustrated about Ching, Davis, other players, and even Kinnear.

Would Dynamo fans like to see players like Ching and Davis traded for young blood?

Does the MF and attack line need a complete overhaul?

Do fans still believe in what Kinnear is doing?

When a team looks like it just doesn't get its mojo back, it's a big problem and it demoralizes everyone.

The FO has a tough job ahead of them.

The hard questions have to be asked at some point.

9. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we really really really miss Mulrooney.

10. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game and thought it was a dive. Maybe Oduro isn't as dumb as everyone thinks. After beating everyone he knew he was never going to score so he tried to get a call so one of his team mates would have a better chance. :D

11. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This will be a brand new team next year no matter what happens in the playoffs. Dom and FO will be working harder than they ever had in the off season. In fact, I bet they are already working on it.

12. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Maybe, truthandlife, but I see some fans REALLY doubting Kinnear now.

13. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 person likes this.
  14. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I can guarantee you they are already looking at moves. Can't tell you how, but a little birdie told me. Can't say more or about who. Ask me at the TA smokers break next time.

15. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Texian Army

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Batallon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    I don't even smoke, but I go there for all the scoop. :D

you owe me a Richie Mulrooney story.

18. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Just watched the chron.com video on Beckham and two teeny dumbass airhead local girls (in full Galaxy costume) referring to either Batallon or Texian Army as "that orange section" in a dissing kinda way. :mad:

19. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea, I was thinking that too. He easily could have beat the rest of the defense, but after that, well, we all know what was going to happen. It wasn't a friendly, the game counted..... no goal. :rolleyes:

20. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    I think it's the Eddie Robinson injury that's caused a negative ripple effect on the roster.

A healthy ERob enables us to do this:

Ching Landin
    Davis G-off Clark Holden
    Hainault ERob Boz Mullen

Why is this better?

Because it gets Holden away from the Reyna role and into one of the four attacking positions in the USA/DynaQuake system. While we want Stu to get as many touches as possible, it's best to put him where he can really punish the opposition with his dribbling, crossing and shooting like he does with the Nats. It's the offense that needs a kick right now. Mullan will still be there overlapping with his infinite motor.

Cameron has shown he can handle the pressure of central midfield and is even better equipped to dish out and take the necessary beatings.

Alternatively,

(Ching/Landin) Mullan
    Davis G-off Clark Holden
    Hainault ERob Boz whoever

is also a step up, because Mullan can punish the offside trap that teams will invariably throw at Ching and Landin, without being as weak on the final ball as Oduro.

I would love to see us experiment with something like this against Metapan or Chivas.

I think the team is quality, we're just beaten down by fixture congestion.

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2006 & 2007, Dom took the core with key acquisitions (and a few fortunate opponent red cards in the playoffs) and rode it to a title (recall MLS Cup 2007 had Jaqua and Ngwenya starting at forward).

In 2008, the offseason acquisitions (Boswell, Carraccio, Caig) were a mixed bag, and the late season trades worked out until the last month of the season and the NYRB series.

This year, I think we've fallen victim to the unnecessary late season/trading deadline overdealing that baseball and hockey teams participate in and have been left with a unbalanced roster and few options. I felt good about things until July, then it seems injuries and cards and questionable roster changes put sugar in our gas tank.

In fairness, you are trying to build a championship team with an aging core that is paid upper-middle class for MLS without tearing it down and rebuilding.

Have we held on to the veteran core one year to many? Maybe, but I think it is worth the risk to try.

I think this team will be taken apart regardless in the offseason due to too many older guys making $150K on the roster.

But the beauty of MLS is 4 hot games in the playoffs can erase all of the doubts and second guessing, and one bad half can put you into rebuilding for next year.

22. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i'm upset that they edited out a good portion of their interview. that was on the southend and they went on to intelligently answer such questions as:

- the effect of the Bosman ruling in UEFA in the 1st quarter of the 21st century.
    - the age old question that if (listed alphabetically) Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Maradona and Pele are 1-4. who is #5?
    - the uniqueness of observing the rapid rise and even faster demise of Toros Neza.
    - should we collectively Rage Against Modern Football or embrace it?

but alas, these damn journos and their misleading editing!!!

23. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its debateable at this point. That dive while running past the LA defense...the CCL this year...sure Caig did the bull fighter routine against Dallas and actually chested a ball into the net, but...

I dunno...those two

24. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think all of these sets have already proven to be ineffective.

25. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys can all just call me Pollyanna and naive. Go ahead. Do it and get it over with.

There is nothing wrong with the Dynamo. It has as good a chance to win the cup as any team in the league. The Dynamo are just a few bounces and bad breaks away from playing for the supporters shield this weekend and then challenging for the cup while qualifying for the knockout stages of CCL (knock on wood -- not done yet!).

You guys seem to like moaning and whining. Go support RSL or RBNY or KCW or FCD or some team that truely does have something wrong with it. Your freakin spoiled thinking you can have a top team AND get all the breaks every year else you conclude "Somethings wrong."

Something wrong with Dom Kinnear? Are you freakin kidding me?? :confused: Anyone here who thinks they know better than Kinnear is outright delusional. Have an opinion -- sure. But have the common sense to know your probably not right and that Kinnear is right a lot more often than you are.

Could some moves have worked out better? Of course. Is Kinnear perfect? Of course not. Is he smarter than all of us combined when it comes to managing the Dynamo? Absolutely.