Houston needs a team

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by shsusoccer, Oct 7, 2003.

1. shsusoccer

shsusoccer New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Huntsville, TX
    I think that the city of Houston would support a soccer team. Especially, if it had a bunch of mexicans because when USA played MEXICO in the reliant stadium, the Mexican fans came out in full force, while there were only a few USA fans. I would buy season tickets if they got a team.

visit us at www.siccer.com

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Reliant Stadium is too big for an MLS team.

3. shsusoccer

shsusoccer New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Huntsville, TX
    there are lots of places an MLS team could play. For example, the UH girl's team has nice field that could be shared with an MLS team. There are many options to choose from in this city.

www.siccer.com

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    chivas USA for houston or san diego?

every game will mean a clasic vs the latino futbol!

5. Rock

Rock New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Santa Clara, CA
    I'm not so sure Houston will support a pro soccer team...doesn't anyone remember what a dismal failure the Hurricane was?

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey, now!

Shsusoccer..I saw that match and there were plenty of US flags too. To the naysayers, the Mexican population is constantly growing in Houston. Almost the entire league plays in NFL stadiums...so what's the difference? I prefer smaller stadiums until the clubs get more popular. Naperville was a great venue, concerning size, about 15,000+. Almost always packed. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US and gaining on us (Chicago).

7. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'd have to get a better field than reliant. That was the crappiest playing surface I've ever seen in my life.

8. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    houston needs a bath