Houston fans may be reprimanded for Sunday's actions.

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by TorFC-TML, Jul 17, 2007.

1. TorFC-TML

TorFC-TML New Member

May 5, 2007
    Toronto
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4973147.html

Seems El Batalloin and the Texian Army arent capable of knowing when their actions are actually helping the visitors. Good to see them catching flack for their own stupidity. After all the pissing and moaning about our teams un-sporting tactics it's good to see those idiots called out by their own franchise.

Toronto, The Red Patch Boys and U-Sector just do everything right dont we. :D Streamers are for corners, and goals. You dont just throw them at the other teams goalie because youre bored.

2. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And, as usual, Dynamo fans are bitching about that as well.

3. 1TOFC

1TOFC Red Card

Jul 7, 2007
    Toronto
    I think it was great thing to do. Force play to stop while streamers where being cleared, helped kill the cloak and helped our boys catch thier breath.

Sad team defending champs and only draw 11K

4. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They had it coming ... and we need to be careful too. Once a precedent is set, you could see more actions.

It's one thing to do it as a nuisance during stoppages, after a goal or so on but once you become a factor in the play, that's a problem and we may find our corner becoming a problem too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us restricted, at some point in the future, to goal celebrations and pre-game.

B

5. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh, still going on with the attendance smack I see.

I don't know what we "had coming" but needless to say, it's sparked debate on the Dynamo forum about what's appropriate and what isn't by MLS standards.

We'll see how it turns out but I'm guessing not too much will change in regards to the streamers except that those throwing them might be a bit more wary about "when" they throw them.

We shall see.

6. Antoshka

Antoshka New Member

May 16, 2007
    Toronto
    they punished themselves i would be seriously pissed for them if they wont be allowed streamers in the stadium. don garber talked about how they need to create similar environments to Toronto and then he goes and puts constraints on one of the crowd that creates such atmosphere??? TERRIBLE!!!
    for the sake of the fans and all those who love good football atmosphere i hope something so idiotic will not happen.

7. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Brian Ching clearly slipped on one of the streamers on a shot attempt
    haha!

8. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    nah, it was probably him just taking another dive.

9. TFC07

TFC07 Member

May 19, 2007
    Brampton, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    LOL @ Houston fans and not knowing when it is a right time to throw streamers.

10. TigerTheLion

TigerTheLion New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally, I hope they don't reprimand the fans in Houston and hope nothing changes. I love to see the passion and it looked fairly reminiscent to the RPB corner at BMO during corner kicks which I think we can agree we don't want to see stopped.

It'll be a step backwards for MLS if they decide to ban streamers. Let this only be a warning to them and all of us for that matter. Sounds like everyone might need to excercise a little bit of discretion if MLS starts cracking down on this type of thing, at least when it interrupts play.

11. 1TOFC

1TOFC Red Card

Jul 7, 2007
    Toronto
    The Fans in Toronto do not disrup play with their tactics. The constraints will be put in place because they had to stop play 4-5 times to clean them up. Great for Toronto as it helped kill the clock. You can create atmoshere
    without disrupting play.