Houston Dynamo v. Minnesota United, Saturday, August 28

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Aug 22, 2021.

?

Result?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2021.
  1. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Dynamo tie

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Dynamo lose

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Sigh.............................................................Sigh.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Who: Houston Dynamo v. Minnesota United
    When: Saturday, August 28 @ 8:00 pm CDT
    Where: BBVA Stadium; Houston, TX
    Records: Minnesota United (7-6-7), 5th MLS West
    Houston Dynamo (3-8-10), 13th MLS West
    TV: KTBU-55
    Radio: Streaming/TUDN Radio 1010 am (Spanish)

This is the 22nd regular season game of 2021 for Houston and the 21st for Minnesota.

This is the second of three meetings between the teams this year. The Loons won 2-0 at home back on August 7. They will play again in Minnesota on September 25. The last time MNU came to Houston was a 2-2 draw in September of 2020.

Minnesota's most recent game was a home draw, 0-0, against Kansas City on August 21. The Loons are 1-1-3 in their last 5 regular season games scoring 5 goals and allowing 4. They are 1-3-5 in road games this year scoring 10 goals and allowing 16. After the Dynamo game they have a break, not playing again until visiting Seattle on September 11.

The Dynamo are 0-4-1 in the last 5 league games, scoring 6 goals and allowing 12. They are 3-1-5 in home games this year scoring 12 goals and allowing 11.

The Dynamo next host Portland on September 3 and Austin on September 11 before traveling to LA Galaxy on Wednesday, September 15.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Minnesota @ Dynamo , all-time:

04/15/17 HOU 2-2 MIN
    09/30/17 HOU 2-1 MIN
    06/18/18 HOU 1-0 MIN, U.S. Open Cup
    07/01/18 HOU 3-0 MIN
    06/18/19 HOU 2-3 MIN, U.S. Open Cup
    09/11/19 HOU 2-0 MIN
    09/02/20 HOU 3-0 MIN
    09/19/20 HOU 2-2 MIN

That's 5-1-2 with 17 goals scored and 8 allowed.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'MON FELLAS! EARN YOUR CORN AT YOUR PLACE OF WORK!!!
    The rest of us have to all week, so should y'all!!!

DALE DYNAMO!!!

4. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
  5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the playoffs out of sight now and no Open Cup held this year once again there is nothing to play for. Ramos, please give our younger players some valuable time out on the field versus other teams that are still looking to make a push for silverware this season. Thanks.

7seven7 and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  6. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    https://www.houstondynamofc.com/new...aching-duties-this-weekend-against-minnesota-

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interest in this club is low anything short of a massive overhaul will not move the needle

8. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Kickoff tonight is at 8:08 pm .

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe EB will attack some other Dynamo
    fans tonight to spice it up

7seven7 repped this.
  10. quiznatodd_bidness

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Apr 14, 2020
    No FO protests today otherwise they’ll sic their goons on you hahahaha

11. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im always confused on whether EB wants to be bullies or victims......

Either way, its obvious to everyone what the chorizo size is of these "tough guys"

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  12. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if we win tonight with out Tab, does that actually mean anything or is it just an interesting/dramatic talking point?

PS

we aren't gonna win

13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Minnesota is strong on several fronts and they will feast on our defense tonight. With Tab out perhaps we get a new look lineup cuz what has been trotted out this season just is not cutting it.

Think of it as the "Tyler Deric Effect".

Ok, speaking of Tyler and getting into trouble out on the town on a Saturday night, the man gets tased by HPD while backing his buddies. Recall that when the story came out it appeared Tyler caused a ruckus but in reality the cops bully his buddies yet then when Tyler backs his buddies the cops claim to be victims. After the dust settles the end result is there for one to read for themselves.

https://www.khou.com/article/sports/dynamo-player-cleared-in-night-club-incident/285-259033628
    Additionally, the owner of the Roosevelt Lounge issued a letter of apology to Dynamo player for what both Deric and his family was put through.

I am grateful that Tyler s good name and reputation in our community remain intact. As the truth has come out, it is clear that Tyler Deric was the real victim in this case, said Deric s attorney Randy Sorrels after the dismissal. The fact that he stood up against the racial prejudice exhibited against his teammates at the Roosevelt and never back down from the truth is a testament to his character and resolve.
    Sorrels went on to note, The Houston Dynamo and the entire city of Houston should be proud of this homegrown athlete s courage to fight against racial prejudice in our court system to the end.

And of course others can unfortunately continue to make odd assumptions.

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of laugh but if they attack anyone tonight after publicly implying things, someone could sue the club for not doing anything about it.

Our club and supporters culture is a wreck

TurdFerguson repped this.
  15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im not sure a win is indicative of anything other than the law is averages is still in force

7seven7 repped this.
  16. quiznatodd_bidness

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Apr 14, 2020
    It means nothing because Minnesota has no healthy players. They’ll only dress 14 outfield players.

17. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My response to EB
    badass.jpg

7seven7 repped this.
  18. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The combat veteran yes.
    The guys in the rear with the gear or the fry cooks, meh.
    In the end some gave all and all gave some.

Look, I have supported my NASL team in the 70's and 80's, then my USL team in the 90's and early 2000's. Then all of us got to come together for our Houston MLS club. A relocation project that had just 4 months to launch and get things right so who knew what kind of fan attendance was going to be there for our players! Certainly who knew the potential of what kind of supporters group we could start up here that represented our diverse community. Well I did. I mean that in that era of MLS what kind of supporter culture was going to come into bloom here in Houston where us Houstonians knew how the sport is followed by so many but to follow an MLS team for 17 home games season after season is an ENTIRELY different task. To us locals we knew the ex-pat and immigrant soccer junkies still viewed MLS as some odd league that shot itself in the foot with their kind of traditional fan via a dedication by MLS HQ to Americanizing the beautiful game. They thought that was the way to grow the new league with a clock that counted down, the gimmick shoot outs cuz a tie ball game was to much for Americans to stomach and an insular mindset to regional play. So from that first year on to today, when our Houston Dynamo players did show so well in regional play here is why care about EB cuz the fans of Santos know how bad ass Houston hinchas are. Recall that night back in 2013 when in CCL play and Brad Davis fires home a match winner late on to defeat Santos in the first leg, and everyone in Wildcatter Orange went bonkers. I mean Santos had a lot of fans of their own there at BBVA that night and well, Santos men did not like the Houston victory and it showed. Some of their men decided it was wise to go out to the concourse and start picking on kids in Dynamo gear. Then me and some of my buddies happened to walk into this and stood up for our kids in Dynamo gear. Y'all should be proud of EB as men and women that lend a helping hand to a stranger's child all in the name of the fact that we all care so much of our Wildcatter Orange jersey. In MLS, the need to have a tough guy image, meh, this is not Scotland or Argentina but in regional play, yes, in our diverse city, the rival team that night might have a lot of their own fans in our own house. Then toss alcohol on top of their soccer passion for their team and well some times someone has to flex on them if they start acting like fuc{heads to our own Houston Dynamo family.

19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found this on another interweb platform and I think it is appropriate for our BigSoccer thread on the current situation us Houston soccer junkies face. Certainly when us fans are taking shots at each other or each other's place inside our stadium.

"This aggression needs to be directed at FO not at each other. We as fans need to band together now more than ever."

Personally, I always treated everyone I met in Wildcatter Orange as the same.
    Well, save Craig Waibel. He 'has Chuck Norris listed as soft kicker.

DALE DYNAMO!!!

20. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    So I actually remembered there was a game today and sighed, didn't want to go. But I already paid for the seat so I went. We are a horrible team. I'm barely hanging on here. Come on Segal, show us the plan, give me reason to believe.

7seven7, CeltTexan and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  21. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Member

United States
    Jan 11, 2013
    EB seem like,they kinda suck.

22. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #22 nbrooks503, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    The guy who posts on their twitter account is a punk and always has been, every few years or so he surfaces and has a massive brain fart that overloads his mouth with his arse. As with many vertically challenged, he suffers from rooster syndrome.

As for "rear with the gear" or "fry cooks" - I'd suggest that you take a look at the Coffelt Data Base and see the MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) of the over 58,000 GI's who died in Vietnam. There was no "rear" in Vietnam and not everyone of those 58,000 were infantry.

23. kelly garban

kelly garban New Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I felt the same way, had a already paid for seat and didn't feel like going but did, I'm not going Friday. It's just not worth the 30 minute drive I'm a dedicated fan but I just get nothing from going

24. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I purposely did not buy a ticket to this game as part if my plan - Adrian Heath has a way of coming up w results against us.

He is an example of a decent coach with specific tactics sort of like Bruce Arena - not great but decent. The main reason why they have success is they churn through players until they start having success. That takes having earnest and honest assessments of player performance and capabilities, willing to cut players quickly, money, scouting, deal making, and even creatively bending league rules.

I actually think that Heath will never win a MLS cup at Minnesota because I don't think he's going to get that transformational Robbie Keane / Carlos Vela kind of player because of his player management style. He's just too much of an A55hat.

If we aren't providing first team players from the academy we will have to get alot better at scouting / deal making for players, be willing to continually upgrade roster positions and cut non perfirming players earlier, and spend a bunch more money.

25. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 CeltTexan, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    We score early and yet allow a team to score late on to snatch a winner in our house. We are bottom of the table and the season is over. Play our youth Ramos.

I have hope. If a new owner buys in for his amount, there must be something in play that has yet to be shown by Segal.

The academy players we have that are up and coming according to the youth staff are still U-16 age group and on down so we have hope as well some might start showing but who knows how Ramos, who is a youth type coach, if they see the field. We do need to cut players or a least bench some and get the current bench players we might keep ,moving forward.

Been to the Vietnam War Memorial Wall in D.C. in 1986 with my Army father, his reaction that day has stayed with me all my life Nigel!
    Please make sure to read my posts with specific attention to where I stated that POGs exist and yet I made sure to clearly state that "Some gave all, but ALL GAVE SOME." Peace old man.