Rumor: Houston Dynamo Transfers

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by RedAce, Apr 10, 2012.

1. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm interesting. I imagine some teams might be interested in Moffat for a 2nd round pick in next year's draft. It would suck though as he hasn't done anything wrong.

I doubt this will happen though as GC will get a permit. They have been pretty lax about their strict rules over there lately. Hopefully they can get everything finalized soon so that we don't have to incorporate Clark too close to the playoffs before he gels.

2. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth, I heard the 3rd during the Toronto game, as well.

3. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, wasn't doubting the date was floating out there . . I just never heard the target of the the 3rd; only that it would be after the transfer close (limiting our options).

4. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
  6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    He may have wanted to be released so he could try to find a club where he would get playing time.

7. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I am sure he did. :). I just don't like us forcing Taylor out wide if Ashe is hurt.

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I think Creavalle would be next on the list, either on the left or on the right with Hainault moving over.

9. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    great to see the depth dom has assembled only a year after some of us,including me, were in full panic mode. The F.O. and Dom have done a great job with the roster.

redinthemorning repped this.
  10. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sarkodie can play both left and right back in emergencies.

11. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Recio take up an international slot? If so, as I told some peeps yesterday, can this be a sign of Costly's return? ....or did we have one open anyway? I just don't see why we would let him go. There has to be some logic behind it.

12. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recio wanted to move on. The whole reason for his loan was to get playing time. He obviously didn't have enough quality if he never saw the field. We have enough defensive cover, and the team really needs to sign Ricardo Clark...

13. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    wow. i just read on mlssoccer.com that Boniek only makes 160k. He is a DP becuz of the transfer fee.
    can someone explain to me if that means he will NOT count as a DP next season. We bought him outright from his club correct? Wouldnt that mean that the fee wont count next year? OR No?

14. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He is a DP due to his transfer fee. We did buy him outright from his club. Although he only makes about 160k in guaranteed compensation, i think this number might double next year to reflect a full season of salary (probably wrong about this though). I dont really know how they structured the transfer fee and salary cap outside of this season.

15. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking this too (that $160k was a half season salary) but not positive. Either way he's a steal.

16. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    wouldnt it be great if he were not counted as a DP next season,with Chings salary dropping off if he retires,then we would have Boniek and still be able to seek out a DP or two.

17. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    This is correct - that is only half year. He is around a 300k player. Which would still make him less than a DP except for the loan charge.

Remember the press down there being confused over a 6 month contract? It isn't, it would seemingly be a 6 month contract with club option every year for a total of four years.

18. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    he MAY not be a DP next year. Or at least not for the WHOLE 4 years. If he is making 300k . . . it really depends on his transfer amount and how the payment plan is structured.

19. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was 500k over a two year period (500k this year and 500k next year) the Dynamo equivalent of lay away.

20. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    So likely not a DP in years 3 and 4.

21. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    dang, we can make money of Boniek down the line if he keeps turning heads. perhaps we should sell him to Cruz Azul (or was it Morelia) to get back at them for the Landin transfer money.

22. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I understand as well.

23. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    got it. thanx. so as far as GO BIG........ we have yet to do that. we got Boniek and he will be great for us as long as he is here. But now, i would not be startled if we made a bigger splash in the market later on. Now that Cameron is gone and Ching will retire possibly. If Rico comes back he takes Camerons salary slot. Boniek would replace Chings. Then theoretically wouldnt we have room to go out and get whomever and pay whatever and still fit under the cap???

24. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Not sure about big. But with allocation money from Cameron's sale we could get another DP next year that cost our owners near nothing. However it probably will be mid year transfer window as I have it on authority that is when we get the allocation. So a year from now. Before you ask allocation for a transfer is tied to the payment of said fee.

25. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    well if that is the case i am now inclined to find a DP CAM. If we did that we could easily go back to the 4-4-2 and have all the pieces in place . and in the 4-3-3 i think with Bruin Carr and Kandji we are showing we dont need a DP there. Not saying i would say no to Wayne Rooney,but the midfield is where we need to focus;If you look at the other acquisitions taking place we are seeing midfields strenghtend in NY,Chicago,Seattle. I am really excited to see the quality that is and will be added to the league.

as i said in another thread Don Garber is going to do something in the offseason to make MLS more competitive in the market. My suggestion is to allow every team with a shirt sponsor to use whatever yearly amount they negotiate for sponsorship above and beyone the cap number.That will give incintive to teams to land great sponsors and great dollar amounts and in turn that will lead more players to come to MLS becuase they arent taking such huge paycuts to come.JUst s thought I was kicking around.