Houston @ Colorado ::: 7/26/2006

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by KCWiz, Jul 12, 2006.

1. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Hey, a few of my friends and I are looking to go to this Wednesday night game as part of our big vacation before we head off to college. I have some questions. How easy is it to obtain tickets at Invesco? What are the best seats? Where do the 'Pids supporters sit? I would love to take in a game with you all! We've checked to find some Rockies games to hit up but they all cost way too much and the tickets are hard to come by. Any help and/or advice for a first timer at a Rapids game would be of great value! Thanks.

2. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is easy to obtain tickets at Invesco, particularly for midweek games. In fact, they use whatever gimmick they can to get people to midweek games. To wit: 7/26 Pregame Hawaiian-themed Happy Hour in the Rapids Beer Garden from 5:30pm-Kickoff!

I can't say what you would consider the best seats to be. I have one friend who swears by the fieldside seats, but many people prefer to sit several rows away from the field for better views. Personally I would recommend sitting with either of the Rapids two supporter sections. I am biased toward Centennial Firm since that's my group. We are a general admission standing and cheering and drumming section, located in section 127. We are pretty boisterous sometimes. We do the face paints & like to tailgate. The Rapids other supporter group is called Class VI, and they sit in section 125, which is closer to midfield---a sightline many people prefer. Class VI are very passionate fans as well, but they stay seated and don't bring drums or sing. Both groups are very welcoming of new fans, as long as you don't root against the Rapids! :D

You can order discounted tickets through either group's web site:

www.centennialfirm.com
    http://rapidsclassvi.com/

Regardless of where you choose to sit, please come join us for the C-Firm tailgate in Lot C before the game. And be sure to introduce yourselves!

3. DrGuinness

DrGuinness Home & Abroad

Apr 8, 2005
    Greeley, CO
    Plus, I'll be making my first appearance in Class VI for this match. That alone is worth the price of the tickets. :rolleyes:

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I had to re-read Chili's post twice just to make sure she wasn't sneaking in any snide comments about Class VI. :D

And I hope you guys have a good time on your trip.

5. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way, no how! That is why I am the official public relations person instead of Brown. ;) Class VI is great, it's just not for me.