Houston Color Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by CK, Dec 16, 2005.

1. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Also - I love the logo with the Star! Great job guys!

2. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    i like the benchwarmers home and 3rd kits, the white one...very sharp.. i think the league needs an infusion of new colors, why not orange? i know thats what i was hoping for with FCD...if they pick red or blue though, i will be very disappointed

3. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Beautiful work!

How about other design ideas, specially from the French league:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still like the Orange & White. Sweet and simple.

A) The Crew's '06/'07 shirt (renamed & colored)
    B) The Earthquakes '06/'07 shirt (renamed & colored)

[​IMG]

I don't really like B, but it's at least it's different than the others.

5. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
    The orange and white are sweet, simple, and probably what Houston is going to get to be honest. But, they are also just like the other teams and thus not very fun to design. Here's hoping Houston will get something fairly original.

chapulincolorado, I'll get on those french league ideas tomorrow. I think the PSG design in orange could be sweet!

6. Enzo SC

Enzo SC New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    I definately think that we should stand out but should not get to crazy with Multiple stripes and Checkers. I think it should be a simple classy design to appeal to more of the masses. I like Burgundy and Black as the main theme colors or Hunter Green and White or Even an Olive green. I dont have a graphics programs but I envision, and of course the name is going to be a debate, a shield with HT filling the shield right in the middle of the shirt just under the V of the neck. A single Star always in the back of the shirt between the shoulder blades representing our Texas heritage while not being overly obtrusive. Say the colors burgundy and black. Black shorts a whilte shirt with a single burgundy stripe running down the right front of the shirt over the shoulder and down the back. Also white socks with this burgundy stipe down the front and back of the right sock only. If anyone who can and would like to photoshop this design and rearrange the colors as you like.

7. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Like 'em. But. Damn. You know those too close to UT-Austin's colors. I am not sure how many Aggies are there in Htown, but.... :D ....I bet it would torture for 'em to wear those colors. :D :D

8. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Three more idears:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. krayzie

krayzie BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 13, 2003
    Paris, France
  10. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear ya, but I think we're on different missions. :)

You're trying to come up with a cool new unique design for the Club.

While I'm just trying to guess what Houston will actually end up having to wear. :D

But keep it up, those are some nice ideas.

11. ickenham

ickenham New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    Lisbon, Portugal
  12. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
    We're not exactly on different missions. If you look back at my designs I am using the Adidas jerseys for 2006. Just not the one that you used for the orange and white. I'm using the ones that LA have or the Revs. However, what I am doing is adding little twists, for example pinstripes or color changes. But it still is an Adidas design. Look at the uniforms that were designed for the other MLS clubs and you'll see that they come from a template design but then have certain individual differences. For example, the Fire have the concave white section across the chest, DC has it's three horizontal stripes, LA has the diagonal, FC Dallas has the hoops, Metros and Rapids have the vertical stripes.

Houston should get some signature on its jersey as well, whether it be pinstripes or halves or whatever. Adidas hasn't been quite as cookie cutter as people think, and I don't think that the Houston fans should just settle. Make noise, let the management know that you will more likely BUY a unique design. I think Houston can get better than a template with no unique Houston signature.

13. Benchwarmer32

Benchwarmer32 New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    Indiana
    Okay, so taking the possible logo from ickenham's post, along with the PSG design, yet using an Adidas template, we get:

[​IMG]

Isn't cool that they are kind of listening to our color selection!

14. Goldenstick

Goldenstick Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Bridge City, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it's baby blue, black, and orange. Now all we need is some uniform designs

15. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ni i i i i i i i i i i ceee!

I am just glad AEG/MLS are thinking of using different colors.

16. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Me likey! :)

17. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice job!

Is it just me, or does the orange look a little pale and sickly?

18. krayzie

Dec 13, 2003
    Paris, France
    I don't like it... light blue and orange don't marry well each other...

good try

19. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think either the orange or the blue could be a little darker, but, eh, could be worse, too.

20. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    [​IMG]

How beautiful is that? :p

21. krayzie

Dec 13, 2003
    Paris, France
    awful

22. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Those Columbia Blue jerseys look real nice. Reminds me of the Chicago Fire 3rd kit.

I would love to see MLS Houston . . Houston Republic FC wear those Columbia Blues. Now THAT'S old school for Houstonians.

23. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup...I agree. About a year ago i was dat.. close to getting a 3rd kit Fire Jersey...back when I was in MLS limbo.haha

24. fnsandpwr

fnsandpwr New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Houston
    I think they will choose red as one of their colors, just like the other 3 sports, basketball[red/white], baseball[red/grey/white], and football[red/blue]..

25. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    You missed the :p .

Seriously, they should go with green and/or sky blue. No more yellow/gold/orange. We already have two of those.