Hotel Recommendations for Columbus

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by McKinney_Burn, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Just confirming Days Inn (near stadia), German Village downtown, Hyatt Regency Downtown, and Best Western Downtown are sold out.
    Overflowing now to Renaissance Hotel (old Adam's Mark) and Crown Plaza and others ??
    **There is also a interesting bit below about camping at the State fairground next door to Crew Stadium. Cheap and fun!
    http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=event&Mid=70

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    The Rennaissance only has single Kings guaranteed.

I was able to book the four rooms for the KC Brigade in the Courtyard by Marriott-Downtown this morning. The lady said they are filling up fast though.

There appears to be plenty of hotel rooms available around Columbus for the weekend, but the longer you wait the further away from Downtown and the stadium you're going to be.

3. GenoG

GenoG New Member

May 8, 2005
    I wish I could know when tickets went on sale. That would be helpfull.

4. Wolves1935

Wolves1935 New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Prospect Heights
    There must have been some cancellations, as I was able to book a room at the Days Inn today.

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I've got a room at the Econo Lodge at 6125 Zumstein Drive...it's a dump ($28 plus $10 tax), but I've stayed in 1-star hotels before that aren't nearly as bad as the reviews make them out to seem. Besides, who cares, it's just a place to crash for the night, and it's supposedly one of the closest places to CCS (about 5 miles).

I've got a room with 2 double beds so if I end up going to the game by myself I'll be happy to let someone grab the second bed...I'll also have a car so if anyone's staying there or nearby (a lot of hotels had Zumstein addresses, so there's probably a whole row of them) I'll be happy to give you a ride, although you may not want to drive back with me after the game!!

6. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears all that's available now are single tickets. Unfortunately, I need at least two, preferably three. My bad for spacing out until an hour ago, but at least I hadn't booked my flight yet. So, it looks like I'll be watching on TV again.

If my hotel reservation could help anyone, just PM me. I reserved a room at the German Village Inn, and they did not require my credit card. I'd be happy to add your name to the reservation.

7. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    Don't give up on tickets yet. At 8:30 pm there were 2 tickets available in the $95 section - pricey but it looks like this is far from over.

8. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    either the double tree or adams mark, niether is really expensive and both are decent hotels

9. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA

I just had two together come up in 226. Keep trying.

10. imegu2x

imegu2x New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    NC
    The German Village Inn (614-443-6506) still has rooms available for about $50 a night as of 10:30pm EST today.

11. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay they have been telling people different prices. I called once and they said $65 and then I called back to actually make the reservation and it was $75. So now it's $50? Jeesh.

12. dem196

dem196 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Conshohocken, PA
    I have a large group staying at The Columbus a Renaissance Hotel (previously the Adam's Mark) on Sept 3rd. We are driving up from Phila! Are there any other USA supporters staying there? Also, what are the chances that the USA team stays there??

13. imegu2x

imegu2x New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    NC
    I made my reservation many months ago, and just called last night to add another night, and with tax it's about $55 a night. I don't know what to tell you about the price differences. Maybe they've realized that there is an OSU game and a US/Mexico game and are trying to make a little extra profit.

14. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am :D I'm sure many others will be as well....

That is where the team USUALLY stays! We'll see ;)

See you there!!

Mike

15. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have heard that Arena has checked in under the assumed name of Marlon Brando. Look for him to use the Floral-print moo-moo and cape disguise to throw off the autograph hounds.

16. JLZ286

JLZ286 Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Ann Arbor
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im possibly staying at The Columbus, A Renaissance Hotel. Does anyone know how far that is from the stadium? I dont suppose I could walk could I? How about a cab, would that be too expensive?

17. dem196

dem196 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Conshohocken, PA
    The Renaissance Hotel is about 4 miles from the stadium. Most likely you would need to drive to the stadium.

18. dfreshsf

dfreshsf New Member

Dec 6, 2003
    San Francisco
    I blew my knee out a couple weeks back on the pitch and have ACL surgery scheduled for the end of the month so I won't be making the trek east. I have a res at the Holiday Inn City Center for Fri & Sat night that I'll be cancelling. Not sure if I can transfer it but would be willing to try if someone was interested and in need. It's about $80 a night for 2 doubles. PM me if interested.

Cheers.

19. frankc

frankc New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Richardson,TX
    yea me to..we bought a package deal from dfw..looks like same rate