Hotel by stadium

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by netsfan549, Jul 3, 2015.

1. netsfan549

netsfan549 Member

Aug 31, 2007
    I will be going to Red bulls vs Orlando game.. I am coming from NJ. This will be my first time in Orlando. What hotels do you guys recommend that are near the stadium? I also want to visit Disney World.

Thank you.

2. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 Guy Everett, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Well, downtown Orlando, where the stadium is and Walt Disney are about 30 minutes apart, assuming I4 is running smoothly, so I'm not sure the same hotel would fit what you're asking for. There are no hotels right at the Citrus Bowl. The stadium is located in the area called Parramore, which is a low economic area. You would stay downtown, and I would recommend the Bohemian Hotel. It is where the visiting teams stay. It is right on South and Orange, with a 3 to 5 minute walk to the Geiko Parking garage (Amway Center where the Magic play) on South street. At that garage, the Lynx bus line will give you a free shuttle ride to the Citrus Bowl, you do not want to walk the 5 miles, it can be a rough neighborhood. You are also near Church Street and the Wall Street area, which are heavy with night clubs (on game nights be prepared to see a lot of purple in those areas before/after the game).
    For Disney, well like I mentioned it would be 30 minutes or so, or if you want to change hotels, the whole Disney area is loaded with every type/price range you could possibly think of :)

BigData and Mailman44 repped this.
  3. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Great advice by Guy as usual. I believe there is a shuttle service of some sort from Disney to Church Street downtown, from there you can get the free Lymmo bus mentioned above. So if you want to stay in Disney that is an option. Also, call any potential hotels and ask them about shuttle service. Several of them will ferry you to other hot spots, usually for the price of a few dollars to tip the driver. If not, they should be able to advise you of the optimal way to travel from one area to another.

Depending how long you are staying, you could stay at a downtown hotel for a night, then Disney the other nights.

4. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
  5. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing, like a Orlando, from a native, standpoint topic. We do get a lot of both international and domestic fans that travel here to see games.

6. netsfan549

netsfan549 Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Thanks everybody. .I can't wait to see orlando atmosphere.

7. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to the game on Aug. 1 with my son and I'd appreciate some info on where to sit. I'd like to sit next to the supporters' section, but not stand in it. Hey, I'm on vacation! Also, what tunnel do the players walk out of? Thanks.

8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For that, there should be seats made available in the Plaza Level above it. *checks TicketMaster* They're not open yet, but they eventually will be. For league matches, they always have been.

9. Leondecollao

Leondecollao Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    My recommendation would be section P13 once it's opened for sale. Close enough to the supporters to clearly hear and see the craziness but also on a sideline so you get a good view of the match. Best value in the house as that section is priced the same as a behind the goal seat.

10. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    The tunnel is actually under the supporters section, right in the middle behind the south goal.

11. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info. Cheers!

12. Guy Everett

Guy Everett Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 Guy Everett, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    An alternative, is to sit on the opposite side of the stadium, behind the other goal. From that viewpoint, you get to hear their cheers as they roll across the stadium. You get to see all the banners and the multiple of flags flying they bring. And usually, around the 50th or 60th minute, after the sun has set, at times forming a red sky and all the smoke has been set off during the game, it almost takes on an eerie scene, of the flags flying behind a slight tent of smoke.....just saying :)

Is it GAMEDAY yet!

Eric_the_Orange repped this.