Horns to be banned at the HDC in '05?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ZiggyGalaxy, Nov 17, 2004.

1. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the dead cat in your avatar. Over-exposure to horn blowing, or did you stuff too much cotton in its ears?

2. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    The kids love them. AEG/MLS/Galaxy makes money from selling them to the horn addicts. Good luck getting a horn ban instituted.

My personal solution has been to bring headphones and to listen to the radio broadcast on KMPC 1540. The disadvantage of that solution is I am stuck with listening to Rick Davis and Joe Tutino babble on for two hours. Hey, you pick your poison. ;)

Last year, didn't the FO promise a horn-free section for this past season?

3. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until you have a club team from Murrietta sitting in front of you that has brought both their U-12 and U-14 contingents with them. Imagine 30 plus kids of about 12-13 with blow up sticks. Needless to say from about the 60th minute on I took the if you cant beat them join them attitude and would promptly give them a face full of plastic blow up toy right back whenever I got smacked on the side of my head or had one of the youngsters knock a $ 7.50 glass of beer out of my hand.

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    good point, not to mention rubbing drumsticks together to create fire :eek:

5. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many first-timers to the stadium never returned due to some kid randomly blowing a horn staright into their ear. The parents, of course, were quite indignant when asked politely to curb their brats.

Horns cause cancer.

Tommy Mack

6. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    I heard many first timers don't come back because..............

...........they never planned on coming back to begin with

7. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Probably true.

Hey, how about those muzzle things trumpet players use?

8. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    perhaps they shoud sell slide whistles instead of horns

9. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    one of my favorite memories from the RS this year was the "horns cause cancer" chant during freddy's debut at victoria street. that family about 6 rows up in 137 were almost apoplectic. you'd have thought someone was beating the kids with a horn.

10. singnfreak

singnfreak New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Chino freakin' Hills
    Wow...so much hate over something that makes little kids everywhere smile with glee...it's sort of sad.

Oh, and I would rather have the horns then the whistles ANY day! It's easier on the ears if you hear a lower frequency like the horn instead of a higher frequency like the freakin' whistles...

And can we STOP those people selling those disgusting hot dogs outside the venue after EVERY game?...they STINK god those are the worst things I've ever smelled...how about getting rid of that...cause ya know...if your ears hurt from the horns than it's not fair if I have to put my nose through such torment of those nasty hot dogs.

But ya know...I'd rather hear the horns than hear people *itch and complain about them.

THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN...enjoy life...blow a horn!

11. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serves it right for falling asleep in my horn.

12. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin

ok
    I never did mind the horns. I can see the game, I can tune them out. people that can't are in my mind lesser beings.

But you sir, regardless of your good stance on horns, must die a horrible death for your comments about bacon wrapped hotdogs. Then you must die some more. Consider it a death "con todo", just like the hotdog.

13. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Though I have never tried one, for fear that the cholestorol may just take over my entire body and force me to turn into a Hulk-like being, those things smell great and I have heard their praises from most, if not all except for you, Galaxy fans. Dude...we seem to disagree about a lot of things, but the next best thing than eating a bacon wrapped hotdog, in my opinion, is smelling the nearly divine-scent from those beatiful creations. The bacon wrapped hot dog, no doubt, should've been up for the 20th century's greatest invention...

Furthermore,
    ...er...ok...have fun with that sang, buddy...

15. Man Utd

Man Utd New Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Regards the bacon wrapped dogs outside the stadium. I used to get hot dogs from similar vendors outside Old Trafford for many years and I must admit they were good and the smell was awesome until the day I was half way through one and I glanced over to see the guy who just served my dog taking a piss against a nearby wall. Granted HDC is a little more civilized but where do these vendors go to piss and what are the chances they washed their hands. Having said that I never did get sick so what the .******.

16. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    I've been eating tacos off street-corner stands in various parts of Baja for about 25 years and always come home feeling refreshed and reinvigorated. The only thing that's made me sick down there is tequila, and that's not a sanitation issue. In Puerto Rico, we scouted out the roadside stands that looked shabbiest; their food was always the best. At home, I look with skepticism at any restaurant that has anything higher than a "B" posted in its window. Street-corner tacos in Mexico, Peking Duck in seedy Chinatown restaurants, bacon-wrapped dogs at HDC: that's all stuff that makes life worth living. If the odd diner winds up in the hospital for a few weeks every now and then, it's a small price to pay. Eat the dogs at HDC; just remember to take some Pepcid when you get home.

17. Brownje83

Brownje83 Member

Jan 24, 2001
    An opium den in O.C.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    While I personally was annoyed a bit by those horns and am glad that they might be banned, I am starting to wonder if this will be the only thing that they end up banning. What next? Will flags, banners, and posters eventually be banned? Will all those annoying soccer moms and dads get their way and have standing banned? Maybe I'm overreacting. I hope I am.

-josh
    :rolleyes:

18. singnfreak

singnfreak New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Chino freakin' Hills
    it's called be sarcastic about the hot dogs...over doing the "BAN" on things...and I am in NO way a "sir" thank you very much...

don't assume that all people who watch soccer are boys

so YES it is FINE for a GIRL to say...blow a horn...and you can think of that in any way you want...I just thought it would make people laugh.

19. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i am damn glad pw will never let those near a fire home game

20. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bacon-wrapped dogs - good
    Horns - bad
    Beer - good
    Overpriced beer - bad

Supposedly horns were to be restricted in the north end for this past season but it didn't pan out. If horns are banned next season or if they stopped selling them, that would be great and might cut down on the bitching & moaning. Or might not.

21. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say it's a relationship...I just happen to have his email address. I guess the VP of sales will be contacting me.

BTW, he sent another note confirming there will be no horns. He said if horns aren't banned next season, they'll be losing a lot more ticket buyers than just me. I guess for once, that fans voice has been heard.

22. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    the bitching will never stop

23. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    then may you live a long life with many downtown dogs

24. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    It's these conversations that make BS worth the time...

25. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles