Hopkins:" Donovan got no respect"

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by angra, Jul 5, 2005.

1. angra

angra New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    myfootongarbers'ass
    Check out this story in the LA Gals webpage. Good stuff. Remember, this is the same LA Galaxy media-whore,together with Max Brettos, that do their games. I send him an e-mail, it wasn't nice. On the same subject of the LA/SJ game Tino Palace has a good article in the MLS webpage praising the SAN JOSE FANS.
    Go Quakes!

2. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing that popped out was F--- you Hopkins! :p

4. SeamusBrewer

SeamusBrewer New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    SF
    Hopkins is a retard - Did you see him interview O'Roukre after he got drafted?

Hopkins - Danny there have been a lot of MAC trophy winners who have failed in MLS - do you think you'll fall into that group?

O'Rourke - I hope not, I'm going to try and give my best for the team and try to make an impact.

Hopkins - But so many have failed - what do you think about that?

O'Rourke - I really don't think about it. I'm just going to try my best.

A LA douch is an LA douch and with Brettos and Hopkins you get a value pack.

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow. this article pissed off so many people it's on its third thread.

sweeeeeet. :)

6. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    I remember that. What a moron.

7. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Hopkins is beyond pathetic.

"How could the one player who single-handedly gave a lifeless franchise an identity, who instantly turned a franchise who couldn't win a playoff game into a two-time MLS Cup Champion be so disrespected?"

OK, this idea that Landycakes "single-handedly" gave the franchise a new life and two championships has been ripped to shreds many times here. Just ridiculous. No one player is that good. And if he wants to talk about "disrespecting", then this sort of "it was all Landon" claim disrespects players like Jeff Agoos, Richard Mulrooney, Troy Dayak, Eddie Robinson, Ronnie Ekelund, etc., not to mention Frank Yallop.

"Having started my broadcast career -- and my life, for that matter as I know it now -- in San Francisco and the Bay Area I obviously have strong feelings and ties to NoCal."

Despite the supposed "strong feelings and ties" to the Bay Area he obviously doesn't get the Bay Area anti-LA thing. I don't think Landycakes gets it either. It's not just a rivalry, it's an obsession. It's so obsessive that it's even a little tongue-in-cheek, I claim (witness the "LA sucks" chants during games not involving LA). It's just fun to hate LA obsessively. If you don't get that you won't understand the Landycakes reception. I'm certain the reaction to the Cakeman would be significantly different if he went to DC or some place more removed - any place but LA.

"Even amongst all the Laker drama, did Shaq get booed upon his return to L.A.?"

How many times do we have to suffer these ridiculous comparisons between the Landycakes betrayal and a player who was traded! to another team. Just really dumb stuff.

8. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Speaking of Hermann - O'Rourke - visited Hall Of Fame in Oneonta today - O'Rourke picture - just above the trophy - heartwarming,