Hooligan Violence Euro 2016

Discussion in 'England' started by Marcho Gamgee, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    @BarryfromEastenders just thought I'd open this as a seperate thread but if you think it's inappropriate then feel free to close it, just thought if people wanted to discuss and provide info they can do it here instead of the main thread and we can also condem our own instead of ignoring the situation if that's the case.

This is quite concerning if true that the police closed the gates as the Russians attacked the English fans in the stadium and then got tear gassed for trying to escape.

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Organised Ruskie thugs attacked some "scarfers" aka regular fans who werent there for trouble inside the venue...
    Im sure they will try to kick off with the Welsh when they play them. As soon as we are out of Marseille ,things will probably calm down. In Euro 2012 ,it was their fans who caused all the mayhem.

Starting an individual thread will only attract the part time mouth-breathers who come into this forum for trolling.

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    UEFA have charged Russia for the attacks in the stadium, they even attacked a guy in a wheel chair ffs!

Well Barry can close the thread if he feels it's not appropriate.

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Racist neo nazi scum

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Apparently the Germans and Ukrainians are now at it in Lille, hopefully nothing as bad as Marseille. The French Government have apparently issued alcohol bans in bars near grounds/city Centres ( I think ). If that's the case it's good for our drunken idiots but can't see it deterring the almost professionally run Russian mobs who's sole purpose is to cause trouble.

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Don't mind the thread and looks like certain teams might even end up out of the tournament because of violence. Any posts that you find offensive or trolling please report and I'll deal with them. This thread I hope will die down now we are out of Marseille. I guess we will see.

8. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Ukraine yobs seemed to have attacked the german scarfers...
    no different to what you see with the Russians going after regular fans..

9. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Member+

Jun 23, 2002
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Heard someone was killed last night, but that was just some bloke on twitter with no media affiliation.

12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just gonna paste this in from an England fan on another thread who was there:

1. [​IMG]
      Mike RNew Member
      Club:
      Tottenham Hotspur FC
      New
      My initial foray into this years Euros was an entertaining 48 hours. The atmosphere in Paris for the opener was fantastic - Row 6, category 4 in line with Payet's free kick. The noise the French fans made, urged on by a gent in his 40-50s behind the goal all second half far surpassed expectations.

We then got an early morning train to Marseilles sharing a carriage with Desailly, Pires and 3 of their friends. Pires & Co's banter was again beyond that I expected (being a Spurs fan he gave me a gentle ribbing), they chatted with us and another group of English fans for most of the three hours (Desailly slept save for when he was sent by Pires to fetch the coffees).

There was also a buzz around Marseilles, we spent 60 minutes of the Welsh game in the fanzone, deliberately avoiding the Port area given the reports for trouble. We did though experience trouble 5 minutes from the stadium. English fans were being actively directed to one entrance, where directly in front of us the police had to resort to tear gas and water cannons when a group of say 100 (we think) Russian "fans" (in the loosest sense kicked off) and made a flanking movement around us. A smaller separate group joined in from the other side of the roundabout (they may have been English) but we were not sticking around to find out. To be honest we quickly forgot this once we were in the ground.

The noise pre-match and much of the game was phenomenal and from memory noisier than the last 3 tournaments. The only disappointment was that we did not capitalise on the first half with a goal. I'm more hopeful than after the 1-1 against the US in South Africa or indeed the 0-0 v. France in 2012. Unfortunately, England threw it away in the last few minutes, but this proved pretty irrelevant given what followed. The trouble stadium overshadowed a good match and has no place in football.

We had two friends behind Joe Hart's goal who were among those who climbed the barrier to avoid the attack. The security was non existent inside the game and when the trouble started, whilst the English fans backed away the was apparently no reaction from the stewards (I do not blame them) or the armed security. One guy on the flight back to London today looked pretty bashed up / hobbling. How flares etc made it into the ground I don't know, ditto the other "equipment". The other point is that section of Russian fans appeared to be their main supporter block (members / through their FA), and it seemed to involve the majority - not just a smaller number of idiots (unlike outside) - I should add though that there were pockets of "proper" Russian fans dotted around the ground who added to the atmosphere and seemed similarly disappointed.

Despite this we would still go back for the knock outs if England get there and we get tickets, and had a pretty great 2 days of food, football, wine and beer. I hope everyone else has a similar experience and that we have now seen an end to the trouble.

On the comments in this thread:

(1) Inside the stadium was a result of the Russian fans reacting to the goal and the violence at that time was driven by them (the English did not from what we could see react save to run away / boo the flares from around the ground);
      (2) I don't argue the English fans were "entirely innocent" for events in the two days previous outside the ground and I don't doubt there were a few idiots that should be dealt with, but inside the stadium this did not appear to be the case;
      (3) I don't want to see "retaliation" as per one of the comments above - I'd hope we'd rise above this;
      (4) My initial reaction on witnessing events in the stadium was to question if I'd want to visit Russia in 2018 (should England qualify) - presently I do not know, but equally I wouldn't want genuine fans from any country punished.

Other tips:

(1) No alcohol in the stadium (0.5% Carlsberg only)
      (2) No ID checks, names on tickets not checked - they scan the barcodes
      (3) Tickets were available on the streets, a number looked fake, but 2 groups of England fans had 2-3 spare from their group at face value which looked legit.
      (4) Larger bags appeared to be taken into a storage area (we didn't have bags so cannot add more)

Mike R, 16 minutes agoReport
      #16UnrepQuote
      You repped this.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  13. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Russia really is in trouble because they don't seem like they're toning it down. Hopefully we've gotten the message by now.

14. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I read BEFORE the tournament that the Russians AND the French were boasting that they would attack the English, why wasn't something done? It seems the French police let it happen until the English retaliate then they tear gas the English, I have a friend that went to the PSG v Chelsea Champions League game and the French police tear gassed him there, why? Well Chelsea scored a goal and they were celebrating (later I believe the French said it was accidental), what was done about that? NOTHING because nobody cares because they were English fans (and Chelsea ones at that), I think you just need to read Jamie Vardy's Mrs account to see, I am sure there are the usual obnoxious idiots singing war songs etc which is embarrassing BUT I know a couple of people there who have said they have been repeatedly attacked by Russian, French and the French police, I know these boys, they are NOT troublemakers.

15. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah ,I remember showing them solidarity at Wembley after those Paris attacks and this is the reward..
    Marseille is like Rome. Scummy ultra's and police who side with local hoolies.

16. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I can go a step further, a journalist I follow on Twitter was actually attacked by the Police in Marseille the other night! I highly doubt that he was looking for trouble since he was reporting but the Police there just don't seem to care who they wade in on as long as their English.

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

A great article by Ken Early who is pretty much bang on the money imo

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    This is an actual quote. Does this clown not know they might get kicked out -

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It's unbelievable isn't it?

20. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    6 England fans jailed but -

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Jesus, it gets worse for them! Are we seriously having a World Cup there in two years time? It's fu@king unbelievable! Sepp Blatter and you're cronies, what the hell have you done!

23. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No way I'm going to Russia for the WC if I had the chance. Being an American who supports England probably won't be taken too kindly.

wiz0rd repped this.
  24. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If Russia is banned does that mean Wales and Slovakia will be awarded 3 points and we still have the 1 point?

25. wiz0rd

wiz0rd Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Moscow
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    lol relax.

noone is going to touch you if you behave normally. notice how noone's fighting with swedes, irish etc? english destroyed the port of Marseille 2 days before the russians arrived.

i don't support this stupid violence, but the violence starting with the beer bottles being hauled at our group who walked through the square singing songs, there's even a video to prove it. also, at the game, the english booed our national anthem. it's hard to just do nothing about it.

anyway, all those who think Russia WC 2018 will be a warzone are funny. didn't Rio Ferdinand talk about the english returning home in coffins after Ukraine 2012 and then nothing happens?

stop fearing eastern european people and come join the party.