Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  2. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    To be fair, Chan Ka Ho started in both of Lee Man's AFC Cup ties and had already won two international caps whilst Yuen was not played and has yet to win an international cap in which I get the feeling the club may look to capitalise and build on Chan more than Yuen.

If Yuen falls out of favour with Lee Man, then I think he should possibly consider the option of going to another club to gain first team opportunities in which Kitchee may possibly open the door him.

The same also applies to Choy Tsz To as I feel it is unlikely that he will challenge against Ng Wai Him at Southern and may want to seek a transfer out of the club to gain further opportunities elsewhere.

3. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Also, according to InMedia Sandro has played poorly at Guangxi FC and basically is out of the rotation. Apparently he is no longer even with the team.

Not surprising...

4. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Transfer news:

Eastern Long Lions:

[​IMG]

Other:

[​IMG]

5. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

In a turn of events, Alex Jojo who left Eastern a few months ago is now being re-signed to fill in the void left by Yue Tsz Nam's departure.

6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

The ten clubs of HKPL have set up a HKPL Committee, which will take up the operation and marketing work of the HKPL for 3 years starting with the upcoming season. Ken Ng of Kitchee said there is already some interest in the sponsorship for the HKFA Cup. Philip Lee said he is glad that HKPL has already secured a free TV broadcast agreement (as opposed to one paid by the clubs as in previous years). Chan Man-Chun of KC Southern District insists HKPLC is working hand-in-hand with HKFA.

I am guessing the broadcast deal is with RTHK which have been broadcasting all the matches featuring HK national team and clubs so far.

7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The draw and format of the 3 club competitions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Sapling Cup will begin on 2 Sep. All clubs except HKFC must play with 3 players born after 1 Jan 2001 for the whole match.

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Obviously disappointed by Kitchee's loss against BG Pathum. But they did what they could with the players they had. I guess the injury to Mingazov disrupted Alex Chu's plans. Raul Baena's suspension is also a big factor. But suspensions and injuries are part of the game. (Even in the fantasy Captain Tsubasa world, Japan rarely plays with its best eleven.) Goalkeeper Wang Zhenpan was always suspect. But even my wife thought he was nuts to lose that first goal.

But no Kitchee player really did anything worth mentioning in the match. The whole team was out-classed. I don't think this Kitchee side could win even against Lee Man FC. I hope they have a better plan for the upcoming season.

But if you look wider, then you will also see that Urawa Red Diamonds beat Johor DT 5-0. It just goes to show that it is really very tough at this level.

9. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Eastern had lost an awful number of players during the Summer transfer window. Whilst they are going to shift their focus entirely on youth, I'm not entirely sure if they will do well at all once the HKPL season starts and I do not expect them to get a result against Sogdiana FC when they travel to Uzbekistan for the AFC Cup.

In addition, Chan Siu Kwan who was on trial will not be joining the club.

10. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Wonder if it is Philip not joining Eastern, or Eastern not being able to afford him.

Also worrying that he still has not found a team yet..

11. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Urawa Red Diamonds 4-0 BG Pathum

Just goes to show how tough it is in the ACL, especially playing away.

12. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Philip needs to find a club real quick otherwise his chances of representing the national team could be in danger.

Speaking of which, has there been any word on Sean Tse?

13. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    I've been following his social media closely. No word at the moment; seems he is enjoying family time in Manchester, but he works out consistently (a lot of spinning).

Not sure what his plan is; Matt Orr, in his instagram post, exchanged banter with him saying Tse was "retired".

14. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Tse Ka-Wing of Wofoo Tai Po seems to have a few enemies.

15. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    So disappointing. He had great potential to be the next HK #1, if only he had some - just some - discipline.

16. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

The HKFA is attempting to bring two friendly internationals to Hong Kong. I'm curious to see which non-Asian team they are planning to invite.

17. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    If I'm not mistaken, the last non-Asian (non-AFC) team we played against was Argentina back in 2014.

I can't think of many non-AFC teams, unless we're looking at some OFC teams like New Zealand or Fiji?

18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  19. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They're already booked.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  20. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    New Zealand is not very likely since they've already got two friendly fixtures booked against Australia home and away next month.

I think there are some other OFC teams or perhaps another Carribean nation who are available that Hong Kong could look invite.

21. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The new season of the Hong Kong Premier League finally kicks off which saw two fixtures being played today:

KC Southern Vs HK U23 - 2:0

A penalty from Brazilian stiker Stefan and Lee Ka Yiu were enough to seal their first three points as they beat the HK U23 team.

Eastern Vs Tai Po - 0:0

Tai Po who made their return to the HKPL having withdrawn a few seasons ago held a goal less draw against Eastern Long Lions in which both teams settled for a point each.

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #2447 Angsa, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    TKO Sports Ground

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lee Man 2:1 BC Rangers

Everton scored twice for Lee Man, both wonderful left foot strikes. Juninho of BC Rangers levelled the match at one point with a similar left foot strike. Lau Chi-Lok almost took the lead for BC Rangers but his strike hit the bar. They played in front of 1,575 fans, most seems to be Lee Man supporters, who created a good atmosphere.

23. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There had been some talk about this particular incident that happened during the match:

24. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here is the final squad for the Hong Kong men's Under 20s team that will travel to Indonesia for the upcoming AFC U19 qualifiers:

[​IMG]

25. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So it seems that Hong Kong will play back to back friendlies against Myanmar: