Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Kitchee beat Ansan Greeners 3-1 in their first warm up match. Damjanovic scored two goals, Tomas Maronesi scored the other.

2. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Yangju Citizen 1:3 Kitchee

9' Ruslan Mingazov⁣
    26' Dejan Damjanovic⁣
    76' Alex Akande⁣

Another win for Kitchee against a K3 league club.

3. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Lam Hok-Hei returns to HKPL with B. C. Rangers.

4. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to Wen Wei Po, the 10 HKPL clubs will have these home grounds:

Kitchee and Eastern: Mongkok Stadium
    Lee Man and HK U23: Tseung Kwan O Sports Ground
    KC Southern District: Aberdeen Sports Ground
    BC Rangers: Hammerhill Sports Ground
    Resources Capital: Tsing Yi Sports Ground
    Wofoo Tai Po: Tai Po Sports Ground
    Sham Shui Po: Sham Shui Po Sports Ground
    Hong Kong Football Club: Hong Kong Football Club stadium

5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #2405 Angsa, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    [​IMG]

This is a rendering of the new Yuen Long Stadium. It will have 6000 seats and will be able to host AFC sanctioned international matches when completed.

The stadium will close from 15 August for work to start. Work should take 4 years. I guess Yuen Long FC will want to return to HKPL by then.

6. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]

Remi Dujardin will finally play for a local club. Wow, after three years of wandering in the wilderness and receiving dubious advice from his agent, he's finally coming home.

7. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Wow, he is back. What the heck ever happened to him? Shocking to say but he would've had a better career by just staying in HK.

8. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2408 dez112, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    I do recall that he had stints with low tier Spanish and Albanian clubs with limited success after he completed his studies four years ago. But anyways, it is good to see him back.

Other than that, both Sham Shui Po SA and Tai Po FC have revealed their squads and it will be interesting to see how well they will fare in the upcoming season.

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  10. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  11. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    I just watched the highlights of the aged 40+ football cup held recently in HK, and Lam Ka Wai is incredible! It is a pleasure to watch him play always.

Is there any chance he will get recalled to the HKNT? I feel like they could still use his skillset, especially replacing Wong Wai. Maybe as a super sub or for the first 45 mins of a match or something, but I really wish they would give him another shot. He can still contribute (though I know his fitness level isn't there for the "pressing" style... but we don't have the luxury of leaving this talent untapped!)

12. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
  13. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Chan Siu-Kwan formerly of Kitchee is currently on trial at Eastern Long Lions where he featured during the 1-0 win over RCFC. Although there is no word on whether he will be offerred a contract with the club.

[​IMG]

Another former Kitchee player Bosley Yu Yang has joined seventh tier English division club Dorchester Town FC where he will player for the Under-23s team.

14. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
  15. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We will play Myanmar again. It's just a matter of whether we can host them or whether we'll have to go to Singapore or Thailand.

16. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Oh interesting. Where did you see Myanmar mentioned?

17. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Malaysia is also quite likely. They hosted us a few months ago and it is about time we return the favour. Also Malaysian coach Kim Pan-Gon is friendly with many ppl at HKFA.

18. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    https://www.facebook.com/aseanfootb...r5bcLeIlAX99shGp50QiTFu-yuj1LiS&__tn__=,O,P-R

According to an outlet in Indonesia, we're also their backup plan if they're unable to play twice against Curacao in September.

Malaysia has already agreed to participate in the Thai King's Cup next month.

19. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There is speculation that Matt Orr could be leaving Kitchee for a China League One club:

20. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Could explain his recent foray into Chinese social media. His skill level is about right for CLO.

In other news, Yue Tsz-nam seen training with CSL side Meizhou Hakka:

21. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2421 dez112, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    Full Time: Kitchee SC Vs BG Patham United FC - 0:4

Although Kitchee had made history by becoming the first ever Hong Kong club to reach the round of 16 couldn't quite make further history to advance to the next round as they were thrashed by a convincing performance from Thailand's BG Pahtam United FC.

New signings Mikael and Oliver Gerbig also made their debuts for the club whilst Wang Zhenpeng was given the nod ahead of Paulo Cesar played in the match where he made two costly errors that gifted BG Patham United's first and fourth goals.

In addition, Dani Canela who made his 250th match appearance for Kitchee during the match announced his retirement from competitive football.

Overall, I do feel that Kitchee will need to find a new goalkeeper and perhaps look for an opportunity to bolster their defensive and attacking options since some of their older players could hang their boots up next year.

22. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Hong Kong and Kitchee need to move on from ZP Wang and Paulo. How is it possible that Kitchee can have quality players in every position except the GK position?

Of course, totally unfair to blame just the GK for this loss, this loss shows that unfortunately Kitchee doesn't play against ACL-level competition enough to be competitive. Sad reality.

23. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was hoping that Kitchee would take the opportunity to seek for a new goalkeeper during the summer transfer window. But I'm curious to see which other options could Kitchee look in to as a replacement for Wang and Paulo?

24. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Same, I don't quite know who is available, but they could've snapped up Tse Ka wing (for all his issues, he's still a young prospect they can develop / use immediately).

Lee Man's Yuen Ho Chun and Chan Ka Ho are also fighting it out over at Lee Man, Kitchee could offer one of them a spot -that would be hard to turn down.

Same goes for Ng Wai Him / Choy Tsz To at Southern, both fighting for playing time but Kitchee could start one immediately.

This would benefit both Kitchee and the GK, as GK's really need consistent playing time.

dez112 repped this.
  25. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Kitchee has confirmed Matt Orr's departure in which it is now likely that he is heading to China League One club Guangxi FC (the club where Sandro is currently playing.)

The club also stated that they signed a foreign player who can fill in the void left by Orr who will revealed later.

In addition, the club also confirmed that Shinichi Chan who had been on trial at Real Union is likely to be signed by the Spanish third division club.

Source: https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/sport/2...LrdVyy1i_EkTP-xRLyDfPO5vkfSB9QCmcGprh0TnTuLYs