Hong Kong Football Thread II (R)

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Angsa, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Soccerway has his nationality listed as Nigeria, instead of Hong Kong... doesn't seem like he has ever played for HK youth teams.

2. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Transfermarkt has Udebuluzor's citizenship listed as Hong Kong/Nigerian:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-udebuluzor/profil/spieler/912850

Although he has yet to represent Hong Kong at youth level, he had played under Kitchee's youth team in the past before he moved to German divisional clubs.

3. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here is the 25-man squad list named for the Thailand training camp plus the Malaysia friendly international fixture:

[​IMG]
    • Six uncapped players include Lau Hok Ming, Tomas Maronesi, Sean Tse, Jesse Yu Joy Yin, Fernando, Paulo Cesar and Jahangir Khan.
    • Wang Zhenpeng, Yue Tsz Nam, Wong Tsz Ho, Yue Tsz Nam, Wu Chun Ming, Chan Siu Kwan and Ju Yingzhi are also named.
    • James Ha, Sohgo Ichikawa, Cheng Chin Lung, Wellingsson de Souza, Wong Ho Yin, Ng Man Hei, Yuen Ho Chun and Ng Wai Him all miss out.
    The only thing that surprises me is that Wang Zhenpeng had been selected ahead of Yuen Ho Chun and Ng Wai Him despite not featuring at Kitchee considering that his team mate Paulo Cesar is the club's number one choice.

4. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

HKNT has departed for Thailand for training and warm up matches, before moving on to Malaysia for a friendly with the host country. Kitchee players Sean Tse, Matthew Orr, Tomas Maronesi and Paulo Cesar are already in Thailand and will meet up with the team there.

5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    https://www.the-afc.com/en/club/afc_cup/news/latest_update_on_the_afc_cup_2022™_1.html

MUST CPK has withdrawn from 2022 AFC Cup, same as they did in 2021. So now only 3 clubs remain in Group J. Eastern FC, Lee Man FC and Tainan City FC.

Lee Man FC coach Chan Hiu-Ming is unhappy because if AFC could anticipate the withdrawal of MUST CPK, which shouldn't be too difficult considering they did it last year, then Lee Man FC and Athletic 220 can both take part in the group stage and the play-off between them would've been unnecessary. Lee Man FC spent good money and time to train in Thailand to prepare for the play-off.

The new Group J schedule:

24 June: Eastern FC vs Lee Man FC
    27 June: Tainan City FC vs Eastern FC
    30 June: Lee Man FC vs Tainan City FC

6. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RTHK channel 31 will broadcast all HKNT matches LIVE in the Asian Cup qualifying third round.

8. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here is the 25-man training squad listed from the HKFA website:

Goalkeepers: NG Wai Him (Southern), PONG Cheuk Hei, NGAN Ngo Tin (HK U23)

Defenders: CHAN Yun Tung, WONG Ho Yin (HK U23), CHANG Xavier, YIM Kai Cheuk (Kitchee), CHAN Hoi Pak Paco (Kwoon Chung Southern), YUNG Hui To (Lee Man), YEUNG Hin Lok (RCFC), LEE Chun Yin Ryan (South China)

Midfielders: CHOW Ka Lok Leo, LAI Pui Kei, TANG In Chim James, WONG Chi Hong (HK U23), CHENG Chin Lung, ICHIKAWA Sohgo (Kitchee), LAU Kwan Ching (RCFC)

Forwards: CHENG Tsz Sum, YEUNG Dik Lun Charles (BC Rangers), LAM Lok Yin Jerry, LEE Oi Hin, NG Man Hei, YUEN Sai Kit (HK U23), CHEN Ngo Hin (Kitchee)

In other news, the draws for the 2023 AFC U20 and U17 qualifiers had been made:

AFC U20: Group D: Indonesia, Vietnam, Hong Kong & Timor Leste
    AFC U17: Group I: Iran, Hong Kong, Kyrgz Republic & Laos

9. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/sport/20220529/bkn-20220529173654762-0529_00882_001.html

Wofoo Tai Po's convener Chan Ping said the club is 99% certain of accepting HKFA's invitation to return to HKPL.

https://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/sport/20220529/bkn-20220529154029230-0529_00882_001.html

Sham Shui Po FC claims the club's management are not against a return to HKPL, but they don't want to do it as a semi-professional club so they need more commercial support.

Yuen Long FC said financially they are able to return to the HKPL but they said the timing is not right. They want to be in HKPL for the long term and not just for a year or two. I think part of the reason is that Yuen Long Stadium will undergo a major renovation very soon and it won't be available again until 4 years later.

10. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    I'm excited for HKNT to finally play a match again after so long. What is your predicted line up?

11. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Eastern Long Lions and Kitchee announced several player departures.

Eduardo Praes, Toni Dovale, Everton Camargo, Clayton Michel Afonso and Alex Jojo will all depart from Eastern Long Lions whilst Park Jeong Heong, Manu Gavilan and Wellingsson de Souza will not have their contracts renewed and are set to depart from Kitchee.

However there had been some speculation that Eduardo Praes along with Fernando A.A. Pedriera will be joining Kitchee.

12. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Not the best one to be honest with you. Malaysia scored a penalty. 1-0

14. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #2239 dez112, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Jorn Andersen's managerial debut as Hong Kong coach ended in a 2-0 loss to Kim Pan Gon's Malaysia.

To be fair, this isn't quite Hong Kong's full strength squad in which I think Andersen is reserving some of his players until the third round qualifiers even though there is the cancellation of the Hong Kong Premier League earlier this year to take in to consideration that had affected their plans.

Having watched the match, several of the Hong Kong players' performances were quite mediocre especially where they conceded so many fouls that led to the penalty and direct free-kick that gave Malaysia the win. It was quite lucky that Paulo Cesar did not see red during the first half.

Malaysia were much better organised and dominant throughout the entire match and I do hope that this is something Andersen and the players will work on before the third round qualifiers as I do feel that things will get a lot tougher when they travel to Kolkata.

15. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Given we are missing 6 of our best players, plus only Kitchee has had recent competitive matches, I guess this is pretty much what we expected.

But no excuses for starting Paulo. Under no circumstances should he start. Yapp should start, always, even in a friendly like this, because with Paulo defenders cannot play their normal game as they are always worried about the ticking time bomb. I would take any of the U23 GK's over Paulo. Choy and Yuen should definitely be ahead of Paulo. This is simply unacceptable.

Also, Wong Tze Ho looked completely out of depth. No fight in him. Leung Kwun Chung should take his place going forward.

16. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't care who is missing from the squad. Those sent on the pitch are playing and they should perform. It was a poor performance and they committed so many fouls (in a FRIENDLY) it was shameful.

I think Kim Pan-Gon must be disappointed how far down HKNT have come since he left.

17. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Today football takes a back seat. Wong Chun Hin, former Eastern, Lee Man, Rangers player, now playing for Sham Shui Po, has died of apparent suicide at the age of 26.

He was a passionate player, like many other HK players, with a dream of becoming a professional footballer. He had just played on Sunday before passing on Monday. He was married with a young child.

It is absolutely heartbreaking to hear. Rest In Peace.

18. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That is terrible news to hear and may he rest in peace.

In other news, two of the national team players and three staff members had been tested positive for Covid even though it is not known who had been named.

I'm not too sure how well they will fare against Afghanistan tomorrow, but hopefully the team can improve their performance from the Malaysia friendly.

19. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    On Twitter, rumors of the 2 players are Fernando and Tsui Wang Kit.

Both crucial to our weak attack and defense. Crushing. Fernando brought real fire to the team and has real 1 on 1 power that the squad lacks. WK Tsui is the best defender in the squad hands down and can play both wing back or center back.

It will really be a test of the rest of the players and Andersen in how they rally for the next 3 matches..

20. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If it is Fernando and Tsui Wang Kit being ruled out with Covid, that is going to be a bitter blow for Hong Kong.

Anyways, I am sure we will eventually find out who is on the starting eleven in which I do highly expect a number of changes in contrast to their loss to Malaysia last week. In addition, I do hope the team will not concede any more unnecessary fouls and display more control and organisation against Afghanistan.

21. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here is the starting eleven for Hong Kong:

[​IMG]

Wang Zhenpeng, Sean Tse and Ju Yingzhi are set to start in place of Paulo Cesar, Chan Siu Kwan and Jahangir Khan.

Tsui Wang Kit and Fernando are both not featured in the list as it had been speculated that the two were tested positive for Covid.

Very surprised that Wang Zhenpeng who despite having a lack of game time with Kitchee gets the nod ahead of Yapp Hung Fai and even Paulo Cesar.

22. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Paulo had to be dropped. Any link to the game. Channel 32 is geo blocked

23. dez112

dez112 Member

Manchester United
    Feb 24, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Full Time: Hong Kong Vs Afghanistan - 2:1

Hong Kong and Jorn Andersen kicked off their AFC Asian Cup qualification with a win against Afghanistan with first half goals from Wong Wai and Matthew Orr.

To be fair, I wasn't surprised that he was dropped and I expected Yapp Hung Fai to start. But I will say that Wang Zhenpeng was very consistent throughout the match.

24. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Any highlights? I really want to see if Wang was the king today.

25. Suburbia

Suburbia Member

Manchester United
    Hong Kong
    Nov 15, 2017
    Full match here:

Quick notes:
    • Apparently Yapp has been feeling unwell and hence did not start, while Paulo was dropped
    • ZP Wang performed much better than I imagined. Good ball control, good distribution, and the 1 goal he conceded was impossible to stop
    • The Kitchee players played well! Big club, ACL experience, and it shows - Sean, Philip, Huang Yang, Law Tze, Matt Orr all performed well
    • Yue Tze Nam also performed very well, good control, physical, tough, his European experience is showing
    • Wong Tze Ho should never put on an HK shirt again
    • Khan has been very absent in both matches he as played in
    • Sun Ming Him does everything well but needs some more fire and physicality. Gets bullied too easily

Radu Razvan and dez112 repped this.